Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 startup and closing problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 startup and closing problems Empty The Sims 3 startup and closing problems

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2012, 11:13

hello!! i just downloaded The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 Late Night expansion and installed both of them... But I have a problem. whenever i open the launcher and click on play button, a black screen appears for about 2 minutes and then the game starts. The game works perfectly but sometimes it lags. and when I exit the game, again same black screen appears for '4-5 minutes' and i get way too much frustrated. Sometimes after that black screen at end, my pc crashes... I want a solution for this problems.. Help
my pc specs are:
AMD Sempron
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
250GB HDD
2GB Ram
AMD 760G

I will be very thankful if anyone helps. Thank You Smile

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 startup and closing problems Empty Re: The Sims 3 startup and closing problems

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 15 Nov 2012, 11:46

Hello,

Start by avoiding the launcher and using TS3W.exe (in the base game bin). Other than that, it's pretty much normal that it'll take a while for the game to properly close. Unless your pc is awesome but it looks like it's average.
It's not recommended to interrupt this, TS3 is finicky like that and it could corrupt your save(s) if the game doesn't close properly, weird as that may sound.
You could try to speed up the process a little by using Gamebooster, which helps by turning off unneeded processes your PC is working on as you start the game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 startup and closing problems Empty Re: The Sims 3 startup and closing problems

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2012, 05:37

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,Start by avoiding the launcher and using TS3W.exe (in the base game bin). Other than that, it's pretty much normal that it'll take a while for the game to properly close. Unless your pc is awesome but it looks like it's average.It's not recommended to interrupt this, TS3 is finicky like that and it could corrupt your save(s) if the game doesn't close properly, weird as that may sound.You could try to speed up the process a little by using Gamebooster, which helps by turning off unneeded processes your PC is working on as you start the game.

Thanks for your reply. I have already tried opening the game from TS3W.exe but still i had the same problem. And I use GameBooster for playing all games but it has no effect on the gameplay Sad Please could you suggest me another way to get rid off this problem? Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 17 Nov 2012, 13:24

Hello,

Well I think there's not much you can do about this. Avoiding the launcher will reduce the time it takes to load because you avoid loading the launcher. But other than that, there's not much you can do.

The only thing I can suggest is switching to a different OS. Win 7 64-bit seems like a bit much for a pc with just 2GB RAM. You may not notice when you're browsing or using office, but it'll make a difference if you switch to Vista or even XP.
If that's too drastic to your liking, you'll have to accept the black screen that appears for 2 minutes. Just, start the game and go grab a snack, you won't have to notice.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Nov 2012, 14:23

what if I expand my ram to 4GB? will it be capable for win 7 64 bit??

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 17 Nov 2012, 21:56

PatdBest wrote:what if I expand my ram to 4GB? will it be capable for win 7 64 bit??
Hello,

32-bit systems can only use a maximum of about 3-4GB RAM. 64-bit supports up to about 32GB of RAM.
Windows 7 64-bit is definitely worth it.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 14:51

Admin wrote:
PatdBest wrote:what if I expand my ram to 4GB? will it be capable for win 7 64 bit??
Hello,

32-bit systems can only use a maximum of about 3-4GB RAM. 64-bit supports up to about 32GB of RAM.
Windows 7 64-bit is definitely worth it.

Hello Admin sir, please could you tell me that how much ram is needed for playing The Sims 3 without any problem in 64-bit?? And what Graphics Card is recommended for gaming?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 18 Nov 2012, 15:03

Hello there,

For smooth PC performance in general, I do recommend 3-4GB of RAM.
As for the GPU, there are a lot of good (and not too overpriced) GPU's out there. What kinds of games do you want to play?

You should visit your local hardware store and see what they have to offer.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 15:07

Admin wrote:Hello there,

As for the GPU, there are a lot of good (and not too overpriced) GPU's out there. What kinds of games do you want to play?

I want to play all the latest games like call of duty, assassins creed 3, 18WoS Extreme Trucker 2,etc. What you gpu recommend for these types of games? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 18 Nov 2012, 15:36

PatdBest wrote:
Admin wrote:Hello there,

I want to play all the latest games like call of duty, assassins creed 3, 18WoS Extreme Trucker 2,etc. What you gpu recommend for these types of games? Smile
Hello,

What is your budget? Do you prefer ATI or NVIDIA?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 07:44

my budget is $50 to $60 and for preference, I don't have much knowledge about graphic cards. Please can you recommend? Thanks...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 19 Nov 2012, 17:27

Hello,

Yes, it's kind of hard for me to recommend something with that budget, because I do not know you local prices.
The prices for products here and there tend to be different.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 07:11

anyways, thanks admin for giving your precious time Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 21 Nov 2012, 19:23

Hello,

You're welcome! Sorry I can't help with that problem. But I recommend you visit a local hardware store or wait for someone from India to reply here.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top