Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My launcher stopped working but i could still play from file location, but now... [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My launcher stopped working but i could still play from file location, but now... [SOLVED] Empty My launcher stopped working but i could still play from file location, but now... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 25 Feb 2011, 21:56

My launcher stopped working a few weeks ago but i could still play my sims from file location TS3EP??. So i was happy happy had no other issues. I have all the ep and stuff pks (all on legit disks). My REAL problem started when i purchased OL stuff pk a week ago. When I installed it the game developed a stop start motion every few seconds or froze for seconds at a time with annoying regularity, ppl disappeared from my relationship bar, however, when u hovered over the empty space u could see who they were, and when i set out on a journey i would reach my destination and then suddenly I would be at home (just like that), my sims also disappeared and all i would see was the green icon, so I would have to resetsim. I dont use mods, just ur normal cheats now and again. I backed up my sims3 folder and uninstalled via program and features today.

I play on a hp dv7 pavillion laptop/vista home premium 64 bit/4.00RAM/HD 500GB/turionx2 ultra dual core zm-58 2.3ghz processor, i could just about live without the launcher but now this, i am one peed off lady!!

I have downloaded the fixes from here and i have read through the installation info. But i havent attempted to install anything. Not very confident!!

Will all fixes work with my disks (i dont use download versions) and do i have to use the serial codes u provided for LN/OL or is it ok to use the serial codes for my disks.

Any help/info will be much appreciated

Stoneiy

Back to top Go down

My launcher stopped working but i could still play from file location, but now... [SOLVED] Empty Re: My launcher stopped working but i could still play from file location, but now... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 26 Feb 2011, 00:31

Please name all the expansions you have in order because problems like that occur when some EP are cracked and some are not. But did you put the "TSLHost.dll" ,that is included with every fix you download, with the crack in the correct folders. And make sure you do not crack your retail copies (meaning you legally bought from the store copies). Good laptop you got there or is it. I do recommend the HP Pavillion computers since they are fast, but that depends on your processor. I have Intel Pentium processor P6100, if you know a lot about computer processors please tell me if that is good or bad.

Back to top Go down

My launcher stopped working but i could still play from file location, but now... [SOLVED] Empty Re: My launcher stopped working but i could still play from file location, but now... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 26 Feb 2011, 02:15

Hi mirenbhakta
I have downloaded the fixes but haven't added any of them to my sims 3, i am in the process of re-installing. I have EP ambitions, world adventures, late night and stuff packs: fast lane, high end and outdoor living. Like i said sims launcher was messed up but i could still play. It was outdoor living that really mashed up everything.
Im not savvy on processors, so i cant help you there, but my laptop is pretty fast when im playing sims never any delays, quick load up time, no picture bleeding, even when im at a bar and its really busy with lots of sims i get real smooth play and i play with most of the lot details on high with no issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 26 Feb 2011, 11:49

Stoneiy wrote:Hi mirenbhakta
I have downloaded the fixes but haven't added any of them to my sims 3, i am in the process of re-installing. I have EP ambitions, world adventures, late night and stuff packs: fast lane, high end and outdoor living. Like i said sims launcher was messed up but i could still play. It was outdoor living that really mashed up everything.
Im not savvy on processors, so i cant help you there, but my laptop is pretty fast when im playing sims never any delays, quick load up time, no picture bleeding, even when im at a bar and its really busy with lots of sims i get real smooth play and i play with most of the lot details on high with no issues.
Hello,

Which of the expansions / games are legal and which ones aren't? If they're all legal copies, you should contact EA about it.
If one or more of them is / are pirated copies, then please try the following:

1. Be sure that you have Late Night and Outdoor Living Stuff installed.
2. Apply this fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems (Skip the crack parts for the legal copies you have got)
3. See if it works now.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Feb 2011, 16:22

Hi
all my games are legal, does that mean the fixes provided wont work for me. Crying or Very sad Mad
I uninstalled all the game yesterday and reinstalled it, (very monotonous). but the launcher still wouldnt work, do u have any idea why. plus i think i have missing patches, I updated base pack to the latest 1.19 and world adventures 2.4, but the game said things had been replaced, i assume because of missing patches, and it was playing a bit choppy and not smooth anymore. I thought the disks added all patches and updates needed. That means i will have to look for all the patches and add them manually (more tedium). GOSH I am proper stuck her and well peed off. This is all went pear shaped at the installation of outdoor living. didnt even need the damn thing.Sad

PS. QuestionQuestion A question pls, Im gonna uninstall again and re-install in order of release date, but is it best to apply patches/updates as they were released or just the latest one, to each pack b4 installing the next one or do i just install all packs and then patch/update the whole thing again with patches/updates as they were released or just the latest patch. The adding patches/updates, to each pack individually, as they were released makes sense to me but not sure!!!!.....Im proper groping in the dark here, lol. confused And i wanna get it right. bounceCrying or Very sadMad

any/all help appreciated

stoneiy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Feb 2011, 19:05

You have to update to the latest version BEFORE you install the next one meaning update via Sims 3 launcher after every installation then continue on to the next one you do not have to do this it is just to make sure your game gets all the fixes it requires (just to make sure).

Smile happy gaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Feb 2011, 19:22

That depends on the date you bought the game like if you bought the base game on the release date it will have a lot of problems. but from what i did i was updating my late night and installing my outdoor living (all my Sims 3 games are from Games4theWorld) and after my install got done and my update got done and ran it says that your sims 3 game has been already updated to the latest version, now its 7.0.55.010001 well it was like that when i installed it, so the newer stuff packs and Eps are already updated to the latest version ON THE DAY YOU BOUGHT THE GAME meaning if you bought the game on 2005 (Base Game) and you are installing it on another computer you will need to update it so the game can run better like your old computer not if you think your old computer has like the dumbest mind ever, no offence to every body who think the words stated above.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Feb 2011, 21:07

My launcher stopped working a few weeks ago for no apparent reason confused
I bought the base game in 2009, I installed and had no issues, gameplay was good. I didnt add any expansion or stuff packs because of the problems ppl were having. I waited, then in December 2010 i purchased all the released expansions and stuffs and installed them. NO hassle there, I played. No crashing, no pausing, no stop start motion, just seamless gameplay. And even with no launcher i was cool because i could start gameplay from TS3EP03, and my game was up to date. Then i purchased outdoor living and the real CRAP started. Once installed it just messed up everything big time. I regret buying it.Sad Look in my original post for some of the problems it caused.
Incidentally i purchased my dv7 laptop in 2009 so i could play sims 2 (incl all exp & stuffs), because with my other laptop there was bleeding and lagging. I wanted a dedicated graphics card with enough hd space, ram and a decent processor.

Thanx for the installation advice Smile

stoneiy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 27 Feb 2011, 00:56

Stoneiy wrote:My launcher stopped working a few weeks ago for no apparent reason confused
I bought the base game in 2009, I installed and had no issues, gameplay was good. I didnt add any expansion or stuff packs because of the problems ppl were having. I waited, then in December 2010 i purchased all the released expansions and stuffs and installed them. NO hassle there, I played. No crashing, no pausing, no stop start motion, just seamless gameplay. And even with no launcher i was cool because i could start gameplay from TS3EP03, and my game was up to date. Then i purchased outdoor living and the real CRAP started. Once installed it just messed up everything big time. I regret buying it.Sad Look in my original post for some of the problems it caused.
Incidentally i purchased my dv7 laptop in 2009 so i could play sims 2 (incl all exp & stuffs), because with my other laptop there was bleeding and lagging. I wanted a dedicated graphics card with enough hd space, ram and a decent processor.

Thanx for the installation advice Smile

stoneiy
Hello,

Well, you seem to have lots of problems. Please contact our Live Support via www.games4theworld.org when "Online" and ask them to do a clean installation of the game for you via TeamViewer. More information: www.games4theworld.org > Contact us > TeamViewer.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Feb 2011, 00:22

Very Happy Hello everyone Very Happy
Thanx for all the help and advice:)
I now have my sims3 incl. all the expansions and stuffs up and running smoothly cheers. After uninstalling and re-installing 2x (very tedious), I installed each pack in order of release date and patched up then checked game play. And i didnt lose a thing, i have my whole lot back in its full glory WinkSmile. I found every patch released and saved them to my laptop just in case of any incidents. I will also back up games regularly which i never did b4 until the other day. However my launcher, for whatever reason, still doesn't work, but what the heck. I get to play my game!!

Again thanx for all help and advice Smile xx

Stoneiy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 28 Feb 2011, 00:29

Stoneiy wrote: Very Happy Hello everyone Very Happy
Thanx for all the help and advice:)
I now have my sims3 incl. all the expansions and stuffs up and running smoothly cheers. After uninstalling and re-installing 2x (very tedious), I installed each pack in order of release date and patched up then checked game play. And i didnt lose a thing, i have my whole lot back in its full glory WinkSmile. I found every patch released and saved them to my laptop just in case of any incidents. I will also back up games regularly which i never did b4 until the other day. However my launcher, for whatever reason, still doesn't work, but what the heck. I get to play my game!!

Again thanx for all help and advice Smile xx

Stoneiy

Hello there,

Good, for now, have fun playing! Problem solved, topic closed. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top