Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If anyone wants to buy a Sims Game, now may be a good time...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If anyone wants to buy a Sims Game, now may be a good time... Empty If anyone wants to buy a Sims Game, now may be a good time...

Post by Sim Architect Thu 22 Nov 2012, 17:24

They are offering a second old EP or SP for free when you buy a new release: http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/html/pbPage.origin-deals

I am not related to EA, neither I make a single penny posting this. But I wish I new they would have that, because I would have bought it...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

If anyone wants to buy a Sims Game, now may be a good time... Empty Re: If anyone wants to buy a Sims Game, now may be a good time...

Post by t2sink Thu 22 Nov 2012, 18:15

A Black Friday ad here in the US, had buy 1 Sims 3 game, get 1 free, I showed it to my Girlfriend, and she was like well I get all mine free anyway.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

If anyone wants to buy a Sims Game, now may be a good time... Empty Re: If anyone wants to buy a Sims Game, now may be a good time...

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2012, 02:51

Buy? You are posting this in an obviously pirate oriented forum. We don't buy games here. G4TW sees to it that all our Sims 3 needs are provided for free. If you want to support the evil, greedy EA empire then knock yourself out. I'll pass.

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Fri 23 Nov 2012, 05:08

Well it's for the features that EA has for having a registered game, like Simport and such.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 23 Nov 2012, 09:19

Hello,

I was quite sure I posted something this morning lol. It's not here though haha.
Anyway, there are people who download games with the intention of buying them later. Can't afford them now, or "try before you buy". It's an interesting offer for those people.
And we do get the occasional visitor who has bought only legal copies. This offer is interesting to those people.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 23 Nov 2012, 12:25

Thanks, Lady ElDi and t2sink!

I got mine because I wanted to use the on line features. G4TW support is way better than EA, but we still depend on their servers for on line functionality. I wish I knew about that sale, because I would have one more serial key, yay!

I don't see any bad in buying the originals if you can afford them. If nobody bought them, they wouldn't make it...

Of course I believe G4TW deserves more than EA, but without the game manufacturer, we would not even be here...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Nov 2012, 13:15

ZOMG YES YES YES HUEHUEHUE (ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ~!)

If anyone wants to buy a Sims Game, now may be a good time... J6ocqf

Such a good price. Just purchased it!~ Smile YESSSS 1000SIMPOINTS. NO NEED FOR PIRACY. (Sorry G4TW). But still, SUCH A GOOD DEAL:

The Sims 3 + Ambitions
The Sims 3 Pets
The Sims 3 Showtime
and
The Sims 3 Supernatural

Normally that would cost:

$209.96 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Fri 23 Nov 2012, 20:14

@ Star유성

I just looked a origin and picked the same as you, besides the fact of deluxe did The Sims 3, and Ambitions separably, 9 Bucks both, instead of 49.99. So my overall price would be 69.98 if I wanted to buy them. Also, picked hardcopies, and would have the free shipping, but with Deluxe limited to the digital. With Deluxe instead of the Base+Ambitions separately, I'm only up to 101.97.

Yeah, it's nice to support the company that does produce what you like to play, and still stick it to them with pirating their products, since they go with the flow on pricing their stuff to allow themselves to make a profit even with people pirating it.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 24 Nov 2012, 11:24

Star유성 wrote:ZOMG YES YES YES HUEHUEHUE (ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ~!)

If anyone wants to buy a Sims Game, now may be a good time... J6ocqf

Such a good price. Just purchased it!~ Smile YESSSS 1000SIMPOINTS. NO NEED FOR PIRACY. (Sorry G4TW). But still, SUCH A GOOD DEAL:

The Sims 3 + Ambitions
The Sims 3 Pets
The Sims 3 Showtime
and
The Sims 3 Supernatural

Normally that would cost:

$209.96 Smile

Great to know you like it! I got my Seasons + Base Game bundle before the sale, so I won't buy anything now, 50 bucks was more than enough for my tight budget. Thanks, G4TW for helping us to play what we can't afford!

t2sink wrote:@ Star유성

I just looked a origin and picked the same as you, besides the fact of deluxe did The Sims 3, and Ambitions separably, 9 Bucks both, instead of 49.99. So my overall price would be 69.98 if I wanted to buy them. Also, picked hardcopies, and would have the free shipping, but with Deluxe limited to the digital. With Deluxe instead of the Base+Ambitions separately, I'm only up to 101.97.

Yeah, it's nice to support the company that does produce what you like to play, and still stick it to them with pirating their products, since they go with the flow on pricing their stuff to allow themselves to make a profit even with people pirating it.

That's nice, t2sink! I agree with you that they still profit with piracy and I would even go further and say that piracy even helps them, making the game much more popular and it's a great way to spread the product all over. Some people will see the pirate one running, like it, and buy a copy. Since the original licences are quite pricey, piracy is a great way to allow people on a tight budget like me to be able to use their software. If I was, or when I become rich, of course I will pay for it because those bucks won't be missed, even though I still believe that G4TW staff provides a way better support to the users and it's really a shame that EA, with all that structure, does not work the same way!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 24 Nov 2012, 11:37

SvenT wrote:If I was, or when I become rich, of course I will pay for it because those bucks won't be missed, even though I still believe that G4TW staff provides a way better support to the users and it's really a shame that EA, with all that structure, does not work the same way![/color]

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words!!
Well if I had money to spare I probably wouldn't download torrents. Though I'm not sure about The Sims. Sure, it's a great game. But honestly, does it really have to be that expensive?!? Just to have my Sims be able to get a pet, 40-50 €'s? Just to have them walk in the rain, the same amount? It's ridiculous. Besides, you'd pay €100 just to walk your dog in the rain, isn't that great Laughing
I really don't have money to spare, but there are some games I don't download. Simply because I feel they are well worth the amount of money spent. I've been playing Elder Scrolls since 2002 and I've never downloaded those games, not as a permanent solution anyway.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 17:45

Kalisa424 wrote:Buy? You are posting this in an obviously pirate oriented forum. We don't buy games here. G4TW sees to it that all our Sims 3 needs are provided for free. If you want to support the evil, greedy EA empire then knock yourself out. I'll pass.

I feel ya. EA wasn't rated Worst Company in America just because they're down on their luck. By purchasing the game you are reenforcing their blatant disregard for the consumer and for the products they shovel out.

You can bet I won't be buying their sad attempts at DRM with ludicrously online-only single-player gaming experience that was to be SimCity. And what's with all this inter-game social networking? It's the pits!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Dec 2012, 02:07

I had no idea that EA was rated Worst Company in America. Dang. Sux for them. I did however purchase Seasons for $20 from Amazon. I felt it was worth it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 13:06

I wish to buy it when I have money.. currently USD is higher rate compare to my currency.. But I have dream to buy all the games when I already worked Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top