Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly) - Page 3 Empty Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly)

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 14:46

First topic message reminder :

Hi,

The problem is that, when I try to approach the Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells with a Sim, the Sim just moves every time a few steps backwards. So I cant use the item in any way. I've removed the installation (.Sims3Pack (MegaMagickSet)) from the game with the Launch.exe, and also the download file, and then I've again ran the MegaMagicSet, and the installation have been successful every time. So I've installed and removed that Pack alredy a few times, but that haven't helped.

I noticed you're StoreFix, but I wonder if that can be installed(?), because there reads the following in the '# Installation Guide' :
"These fixes assume you have all items installed the same way, either .package or .Sims3Pack."
But, I got both .package and .Sims3Pack.'s installed to the game.

Help

Back to top Go down

Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly) - Page 3 Empty Re: Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly)

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 05 Jan 2013, 19:09

Hello,

That's a result of playing with mods. It takes longer to load. The "grey lumps" are caused by the game taking some time to render the objects. it could also be mod/packages related and there's not much you can do.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Back to top Go down

Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly) - Page 3 Empty Re: Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly)

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 16:48

Yes yes. It looks like I can now paste the saves and downloads to the new folders. But is it worthwhile to also put back the DCCache in the new folder? If I have to install all the sims3packs again, there will be a lot of work with that then : (

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 06 Jan 2013, 17:08

Hello,

You can try it for sure. It's the DCBackup folder by the way, I see I made an error in my reply about that.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 12:04

I pasted the DCBackup files into the folder, and I also pasted the saves and downloads. This time the game was even slower : ( And some items couldn't be shown. So I guess I have to install the downloads again, so that everything would work right?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 12 Jan 2013, 12:40

Hello,

That is, sadly, the next step. it will unfortunately take a while if you want to do it right. I just spend 2 days doing this myself (I have almost 500 sims3packs).
The way to do this is 20 at the time. Otherwise, not everything may install correctly.

Make sure you have a backup of all your sims3packs in storage before you begin. The Downloads folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 should be empty. Have a temporary folder with all your sims3packs ready.

-Open both the empty Downloads folder, and the temporary folder with sims3packs.
-Go into the temporary folder, select (at most!) 20 sims3packs, rightclick and cut. Don't use copy, you'll want to make sure you're not giving yourself extra work, so by choosing cut, these 20 will be removed from your temporary folder.
-Paste the sims3packs in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads.
-Open the launcher, navigate to the downloads tab, select all sims3packs and install.
-Wait for the installation to finish and when done, click ok. There's no need to close the launcher.
-Delete the installed sims3packs from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads
-Back to the temporary folder, select the next 20 sims3packs, paste in the downloads folder, return to the launcher, select all sims3packs and install, rinse and repeat.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 14:39

Ok, thanks. There's a whole lot of work with that indeed, it will probably take a while....

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:26

Hello,

Please let us know the result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 16:30

I'ts a while since I was struggleing with these problems, but I've installed the downloads again. Smile But I don't remember what was then the next step? It all should work fine now...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 05 Mar 2013, 21:30

Hello,

Then apply the latest version of the "Store Fixes", that's it. Or do you mean another "Next step"?

Is there anything else we can currently help you with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 19:02

No, I just thought that there would be another "next step".. Now I just have to test the game.

EDIT: I got a big problem. I tried to start the game, but it said something about the seasons disc, that it's missing/required to start the game. What could be wrong here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 21:24

Hello,

Please follow these instructions to fix that error: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
DO NOT skip any steps and RE-DOWNLOAD both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Mar 2013, 17:09

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help (!), the game started and worked fine when I tested it. It was even a little bit faster than the last time I played, which was a few months ago. (But it looks like there's unfortunately still the problem with the objects, because they won't load fast enough, and appears as gray =(

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 17 Mar 2013, 18:55

Hello,

Glad to hear that at least the game starts up fine.
Sorry if this has been asked before, but what items don't show up correctly? Are those Premium Items? If yes, try the "Store Fixes" from our official MediaFire account here: http://www.mediafire.com/?8hvd25izaiea4
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 17:59

The problem concern both premium and "basic" items.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 18 Mar 2013, 18:05

armorst wrote:The problem concern both premium and "basic" items.
The more items you have in the game, the longer it will take to render the items. All you're seeing when the items are grey is that the game is loading them. If they're grey for longer than a few seconds, a minute, max, that's when you need to be concerned. As it stands, I would recommend going through your cc, and removing what you don't need/absolutely love.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 20:58

Hello,

Yeah, you're right about that =)
I guess I'll remove some things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2013, 10:47

Hi,

I noticed another odd thing in the game. There's an odd wall like gray thing in the game.

Here are some pictures: https://i.servimg.com/u/f77/18/19/92/50/screen11.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f77/18/19/92/50/screen12.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f77/18/19/92/50/screen13.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Apr 2013, 17:10

And then another problem occured yesterday. When I tried to quit the game and save, there came an info screen that told me about an error code 12, and that more info is available in the readme file.

The explonation in the file didn't explain really good what the problem is about. So Do you know what error code 12 means?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Apr 2013, 17:49

armorst wrote:And then another problem occured yesterday. When I tried to quit the game and save, there came an info screen that told me about an error code 12, and that more info is available in the readme file.

The explonation in the file didn't explain really good what the problem is about. So Do you know what error code 12 means?

^ I've been experiencing that lately as well, as far as what I've read in some sites dedicated to Sims 3 and the official forums, they usually say that it's caused by insufficient memory and/or RAM. Try using these suggestions by Lady ElDi

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4523-the-sims-3-save-errors-fix-error-code-12-13-15-16-updated-24-11-2012

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 10 Apr 2013, 19:03

Error 12 is definitely a RAM/memory issue. The best way to fix that is to get rid of expansions and other additional content. However, NRaas has a couple mods that can help prevent the error.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 17:50

Thanks, I'll look closer on those links Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 18:28

Yesterday it was very annoying when sims 3 "crashed" at least 3 times under the day. You know, windows just pops up the message "the 'program' stopped working". It's so disturbing when you have played for a while and then suddenly the game crashes and you haven't been able to save the game.

Does anyone have a clue what could cause this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 18:54

The only time I get frequent crashes is when I have "testingcheatsenabled true" on. Have no idea why that makes it happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 19:06

Yeah I think you're right. I've been thinking too if the codes could have something to do with the "crashing"...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top