Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly) - Page 2 Empty Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly)

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 14:46

First topic message reminder :

Hi,

The problem is that, when I try to approach the Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells with a Sim, the Sim just moves every time a few steps backwards. So I cant use the item in any way. I've removed the installation (.Sims3Pack (MegaMagickSet)) from the game with the Launch.exe, and also the download file, and then I've again ran the MegaMagicSet, and the installation have been successful every time. So I've installed and removed that Pack alredy a few times, but that haven't helped.

I noticed you're StoreFix, but I wonder if that can be installed(?), because there reads the following in the '# Installation Guide' :
"These fixes assume you have all items installed the same way, either .package or .Sims3Pack."
But, I got both .package and .Sims3Pack.'s installed to the game.

Help

Back to top Go down

Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly) - Page 2 Empty Re: Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly)

Post by invalidusername Sun 09 Dec 2012, 17:20

If you'd like to find out, this site will give you details on how your graphics card, along with the rest of your system, measures up for the sims. Smile

invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Back to top Go down

Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly) - Page 2 Empty Re: Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly)

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 16:49

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Well that one probably exceeds the recommended requirements so buying a better one probably won't make any difference.
Ok, well then I just have to deal with it then WhatDidUJustCallMe?

invalidusername wrote:If you'd like to find out, this site will give you details on how your graphics card, along with the rest of your system, measures up for the sims. Smile

Thanks a lot! That's a very useful site Very Happy

Then I don't have anymore than just one small thing that have been a bit of a problem, but should I still discuss it in this topic or start a new one?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 11 Dec 2012, 10:37

Go ahead and keep it in this topic. Smile Keeps things a bit more organized.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 16:16

invalidusername wrote:Go ahead and keep it in this topic. Smile Keeps things a bit more organized.
Ok great Smile

I noticed an odd thing while my sim was in the garden and was taking care of the vegetables. Sometimes the sim just took care of one plant, and then the icon disappeard, even if you had given something elso to do.
But usually the sim "works" normally (takes care of all the vegetables, apple trees etc. that needs care taking).

Normally, the sim should take care of all the plants that needs attention, not just one plant, right? So it's really annoying when you have to click at each plant, one at the time, so that you get all the crops picked up.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 11 Dec 2012, 16:30

Hello,

If you're using mods, try gardening without your mods. Though I have to wonder if your sim is absent-minded because then it would make sense that the action gets cancelled once in a while.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 18:51

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

If you're using mods, try gardening without your mods. Though I have to wonder if your sim is absent-minded because then it would make sense that the action gets cancelled once in a while.

Ok, i'll try that then... And my sims isn't absent-minded, so I don't think it got to do with that. Maybe the mods are affecting.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 11 Dec 2012, 21:49

I think I remember somebody else having this issue after installing Seasons. So it may be something that needs a new patch.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2012, 18:03

It didn't seem to make a such big difference to play without the mods, because the gardening worked fine with the mods, and also without them, so I can't know where the problem is because gardening worked fine both ways, but still doesn't always work Ok with the mods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 13 Dec 2012, 21:48

Hello there,

Yes, sounds familiar indeed.
I think it's a bug that needs to be patched. But let's wait for Lady ElDi's reply.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 17 Dec 2012, 17:43

Hello,

I'd have to agree with Admin I'm afraid.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 14:35

Allright, so what means "needs to be patched"? What can I do?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 18 Dec 2012, 20:48

All you can do for the gardening problem is wait until EA releases a game update.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 15:45

invalidusername wrote:All you can do for the gardening problem is wait until EA releases a game update.
Oh that, right, we just have to wait then...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 23 Dec 2012, 11:01

Hello there,

Is there anything else we can currently help you with? Very Happy
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 18:00

Hi,

Well, there's one thing, but I'm not sure if you can help. It's about that when I buy for example an oven or a fridge, the game slows down a lot, it actually almost freeze. And this happens only when you want to buy a worksurface, fridge or an oven. And then I think there was one more object, I don't remember what it was. Something that belongs in the kitchen anyways.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 31 Dec 2012, 18:55

Are all the objects doing this game-installed objects, or custom content? Or does it make no difference?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 00:11

They've been both custom content and game-installed, doesn't make a difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 01 Jan 2013, 11:29

Hello,

Have you tried this without mods?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 16:48

Hi,

Yes, I tried without mods but that didn't help : (

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 02 Jan 2013, 10:20

Hello,

Ok, try it with a clean The Sims 3 folder. To do this, backup and remove the The Sims 3 folder from Documents\Electronic Arts and start a test game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 12:07

So do you mean that I have to copy the whole "The sims 3" folder from Documents\Electronic Arts backup it somwhere and then start a test game? But should I delete the test game after testing and then paste the backup again to it's belonging place?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 04 Jan 2013, 10:15

Hello,

If it works better with a clean folder, it's best to only grab your saves, mods and downloads from the backup. Because it could be bad caches and if you copy the backup of the folder back, you're also copying the problem back.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 13:09

Ok, I started the testgame, tested the objects and it worked Smile So now just copy and paste back (from the backup file) only the files: "mods" "saves" and "downloads" in the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The sims 3?
But do I lose anything, if I paste back only those files?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 05 Jan 2013, 13:21

Hello,

Start by testing again with all your mods in place, maybe there's a conflict there, if there isn't, you can go ahead and copy the saves and downloads to the new folder. You can also copy the DCCache folder to the new folder to test, but it may not work that way since one of those could be bad and causing the issue, in which case you have to reinstall all your sims3packs.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 19:01

I tested with the mods, and the objects still worked fine. But the problem with the "gray lump"- objects began. And I noticed that the game also was a little slower this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 05 Jan 2013, 19:09

Hello,

That's a result of playing with mods. It takes longer to load. The "grey lumps" are caused by the game taking some time to render the objects. it could also be mod/packages related and there's not much you can do.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 16:48

Yes yes. It looks like I can now paste the saves and downloads to the new folders. But is it worthwhile to also put back the DCCache in the new folder? If I have to install all the sims3packs again, there will be a lot of work with that then : (

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top