Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 3 Ambitions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 3 Ambitions Empty The sims 3 Ambitions

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 16:14

Hi,

I download the sims 3 ambitions. I have installed it. I have bought the sims 3, world adventures and late night! So when I click on late night to play it come up with unabled to start game Error code 317.

Any ideas how to fix this? I have tried running as administrator

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 Ambitions Empty Re: The sims 3 Ambitions

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 20:09

Error Code 317 ("ERROR_MR_MID_NOT_FOUND") is a system error that is generally caused by driver conflicts, hardware malfunctions and corrupted files.

- Ensure all of your drivers are up to date,
- Use a tool such as HDTune to check the S.M.A.R.T. status of your hard drives [you can also get diagnostic programs specific to your hard drive, if you know the manufacturer - but any errors it shows should be evident in the S.M.A.R.T. info also]
- Run a memory diagnostic (such as Memtest86, or the one that comes with Win7 / Win8) to ensure your RAM is fine,
- Make sure your antivirus is up to date, or try an online scan (I recomend Eset's online scanner)
- If everything above doesn't spell out why you're getting the error, try reinstalling.

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 Ambitions Empty Re: The sims 3 Ambitions

Post by Admin Thu 06 Dec 2012, 20:59

Hello,

Do you only have Ambitions, World Adventures and Late Night installed? If so, please do these instructions, again: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male