Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saving Sims Family to bin Problem.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Saving Sims Family to bin Problem.[SOLVED] Empty Saving Sims Family to bin Problem.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2012, 07:12

So I've tried for the last week or so to save my Sims family to the bin, but it just won't work. I click on the Save Household button and the processing icon comes up, and it takes a while as if it were actually processing but when its done, they're not there. And when I say bin I don't mean CAS bin, but the bin or library in the Edit Town Mode. Other families work fine, so for some reason it's just my Active Household. I honestly don't know if this glitch just came up or this family has always had it, because this is the first time I've tried to save this family to the bin since I made them in like September. They're in Starlight Shores right now, and I really want to move them to the new Monte Vista town because I absolutely love it, and the family is in a new generation now and I really want to start it off with brand new scenery. Anyways, sorry if this is too long, but any help will be appreciated. I've already tried switching to a new household, and then trying to save them but it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Saving Sims Family to bin Problem.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Saving Sims Family to bin Problem.[SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Sun 09 Dec 2012, 07:38

Could you check if this happens with any other families too?

Another way you could move them to another town is also Nraas's Porter, if you don't mind using mods.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Saving Sims Family to bin Problem.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Saving Sims Family to bin Problem.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2012, 07:47

It's only my one family, which is the weird part.

And I'm not fond of mods, but I'll use them if I need to. I'll try it, and comment back if it worked. Thanks for the suggestion Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 09 Dec 2012, 09:19

That is strange. Good luck, and I hope it does help. If it doesn't, then we can try a few other things. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2012, 09:26

So I tried it and sadly it didn't work /: I did the Porter thing and 'packed' the household but a message came up saying "Unable to export household" or something along those lines. D:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2012, 09:31

Have you tried resetSim on every one of them?
It sounds like that they're broken somehow.

In case that you don't know how to reset Sim:

First open the cheat window by holding down Ctrl + Shift + C; all three keys at once. This will pause the game and make the screen a little darker.

Now type the cheat resetSim Firstname Lastname and press enter.
You
should of course use the name of the Sim that needs help. Make sure
everything is spelled correctly and exactly as shown (it may be case
sensitive) and remember the spaces; you won't get an error message if
it's not right, it just won't work.

For example if Gobias Koffi is stuck, type: resetSim Gobias Koffi.

This
will return the Sim to a "safe and neutral state" which means they will
appear somewhere on their home lot with all their needs in the green.
This works for all Sims, not just the ones you're controlling.
It may sometimes cancel their wishes or moodlets but it's still better than having a guitar glued to your head.

If you need to reset all Sims in your current game the code is:
resetSim *

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2012, 09:42

I'm going to bed now, because it's late where I live, but I'm surely going to try that as soon as I wake up. I didn't think about resetting them. And I also didn't know about the 'Reset *' cheat. I'll be sure to write back as soon as I'm able to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2012, 21:04

So it turns out that it didn't work.. I did the Reset * cheat, and then each one individually afterwards. It still didn't work /:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2012, 21:22

Okay, that doesn't sound good. But there are somethings we still can try.

If you are using any other Custom Content than Store Items, I need you to remove them/uninstall them and delete your cache files as before.
Then try again, if that doesn't work go here and get following:

NRAAS Errortrap http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files

NRAAS Overwatch http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch+Phase+Eight

NRAAS Mastercontroller http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController+Phase+Nine

Set those in your mods folders - override - delete cachefiles again.
Start the game and play a sims day or two, then try again, if it still doesn't work, go to town view and click on the lot - choose NRAAS and then Mastercontroller - then Advanced and then Reset Everything and try again - if that doesn't work - I don't know what does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 05:19

Sorry about the late reply, but I'm happy too announce that they are finally in the bin Very Happy Honestly, I don't know what it was, since I reset the whole city and had Overwatch and Error Trap also in, but it worked. I really hope I don't get any more glitches like this again though. But anyways, time to play in Monte Vista ^.^ Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 11 Dec 2012, 11:00

Hello,

Good to hear it's fixed, thank you Auntie Bella.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top