Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saving Problem After Patch 1.32. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Saving Problem After Patch 1.32. [SOLVED] Empty Saving Problem After Patch 1.32. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 00:17

Hi everyone.

I just got an error code 12 in Showtime after patching to version 1.32. It happens to all worlds unless Showtime Starlight Shores. I have not yet updated the game to patch 1.33 as it is too many patches in a week, and I haven't got the time to download the patch - with slow internet connection as mine, it will take at least up to 1 hour of downloading 119 MB file.

Help would be really appreciated regarding the error. What should I do to prevent the error from showing up again. I do use a few mods but they're all updated and grabbed from trusted sources and modders such as Twallan's NRAAS Master Controller - which I am definitely one hundred percent sure it is not the mods that causing the problem to occur.

Thank you all in advance and a very special thanks to admins for creating this wonderful forum.

Best Regards.

Back to top Go down

Saving Problem After Patch 1.32. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Saving Problem After Patch 1.32. [SOLVED]

Post by grieralexander Sat 17 Mar 2012, 00:27

You will need to update to 1.33 to see if the error ends. Update and let us know if the update and the new fix solves your problem.
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Saving Problem After Patch 1.32. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Saving Problem After Patch 1.32. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 17 Mar 2012, 08:16

Hello,

Error 12 is pretty serious. Look here to get a little more information. Master Controller definitely doesn't cause it, but error trap might prevent it from happening again.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 11:24

Thank you grieralexander and Lady ElDi for the fast response. At the moment, I am still in the middle of trying to updating the game to 1.33. However, even after restoring the 1.32 original executable files, the game still won't update. Usually that works but not with patch 1.33. I have no idea what is happening. But that doesn't matter much since I have already uninstalled all the EPs and SPs and start with a fresh installation.

I still don't know whether updating to patch 1.33 will solve the error 12 problem and I will get back soon to let you know. But if, the problem persist, I'll try the Error Trap and hope for the best.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 17 Mar 2012, 11:35

Hello,

Don't forget to restart your pc before you reinstall.
Good luck and please let us know the result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 23:10

After a painstaking process of reinstalling The Sims 3 twice, I finally succeeded to update the game to version 1.33. I honestly didn't notice that the patch I've downloaded over at MTS is incompatible with patch 1.32 until the second time I visited MTS with intention to redownload the patch. I thought the file was broken when I downloaded it the first time. But turned out that I need to update from 1.31 instead of 1.32.

But I'm glad to say that the outcome is very satisfying - and a good lesson has been learned.

I've tested to save the game between 15 to 30 minutes of gameplay and the error code 12 is now no longer appears. Which, before the update, I can't even save a new world I just open in new game. I also tested to put the Showtime community lots in other worlds besides Starlight Shores and no errors. However to avoid further errors, I downloaded Error Trap at Twallan's site - just to be safe.

This problem is now solved and the topic can now be closed.

A million thanks to all of you for the help and suggestions.

Have a nice weekend and Happy Simming!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 17 Mar 2012, 23:32

Hello,

Thank you Lady ElDi!
Happy simming and please do not hesitate to contact us if you run into any more problems! Saving Problem After Patch 1.32. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top