Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got it to work!....but now super freeze central? Because of Seasons? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Got it to work!....but now super freeze central? Because of Seasons? [SOLVED] Empty Got it to work!....but now super freeze central? Because of Seasons? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 20:11

So I saw a precious post on here about the world that came with Seasons causing freezing. I think that's what's going on with my game now. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall Seasons and not use Appaloosa Plains and see how that works. Think that will solve the problem?

Back to top Go down

Got it to work!....but now super freeze central? Because of Seasons? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Got it to work!....but now super freeze central? Because of Seasons? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 21:13

Good to hear it works for you now!

Seasons didn't come with a world; Appalloosa Plains was the town that came with pets. But, Seasons did really strain the emulator EA uses to run their game on Macs. Try playing in Sunset Valley and see if you get the same crashes.

If you do, you can try a few things and see if they help:
1. Before playing, clean out your memory using this guide:
http://www.macorg.net/clean-mac-memory-terminal/
2. Close all background applications you may have running
3. When in the game, go to "Options" and lower all of your graphics settings, disable memories, disable lessons, disable as many Sim-types as you can (werewolves, celebrities, etc)
4. You can download XQuartz, which helps your game's graphical performance. It's a free, verifiable program. Keep in mind that you will have to reboot your computer after installing it in order for it to work. (You don't have to launch it or anything, it just runs automatically)
http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/

Back to top Go down

Got it to work!....but now super freeze central? Because of Seasons? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Got it to work!....but now super freeze central? Because of Seasons? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 22:59

Sorry for my lack of EP knowledge Razz .

I got a freeze again, but it took over an hour...maybe even about 2 hours instead of 20 min to occur. I'm actually thinking I might keep Seasons uninstalled. But for some reason the freezing was coincidentally occurring more frequently with Appalloosa....hmmm...

I already cleared out the stuff before installing, and my frames are great and graphics are great gameplay-wise. When I had everything up an running weeks ago before i had to reinstall it was all running perfectly with all the different types of Sims.....until I tried to make a new family in Appalloosa...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 23:11

Maybe it had problems in Appalloosa because it's a pets-heavy town and that affects your performance? That's just my guess. I rarely play that town or enable pets so I'm not too wise on this subject Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 15:23

lol Figures.....and I loooove the atmosphere of Appalloosa.

I uninstalled Seasons but....maybe I should really uninstall pets?

//EDIT

The "purge" command didn't work in Terminal Sad . Did I do it right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 17:32

chibi1091 wrote:The "purge" command didn't work in Terminal Sad . Did I do it right?

Nothing is supposed to occur that is visible to you immediately.
You type in "purge", it should stall for a little while it runs the command, and then creates a new command line, just like in the picture on the website.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 18:54

It said that the command wasn't recognized Wat. .

Oh well! It seems that uninstalling Pets and Seasons did the trick...It didn't freeze once and I played for between 4 to 5 hours (don't judge me lol). It may be my laptop just lacking the performance to deal with what Seasons and Pets add causing it to freeze, but I'm not sure.

....My game seems to be working perfectly though!!!

//EDIT

And as a noob, if any noobs need help noob-to-noob feel free to PM me. antiskub can help too Razz .

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 02 Jan 2013, 19:25

Hello there,

Glad to hear it's working now!
Thank you Antiskub.
Enjoy your game and let us know if you need more assistance! Got it to work!....but now super freeze central? Because of Seasons? [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top