Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to make a greenhouse?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

how to make a greenhouse? Empty how to make a greenhouse?

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 14:27

So I want to make a greenhouse with the stones throw greenhouse items but when I wall the garden I can't place plants in it. Help

Back to top Go down

how to make a greenhouse? Empty Re: how to make a greenhouse?

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 16:07

That's a good question. I was wondering myself how to make a greenhouse as well. I just put up walls in my yard and I still couldn't put plants on the ground. I ended up just putting a fence around my plants with a gate on it in hopes of stopping the zombies from eating my plants. When did zombies become vegetarians?!? On a side note make sure you don't have your plants in a pot and a sprinkler on auto-water. Unless I am mistaken, the plants can only be manually watered by a sim if in a planters pot. I hope there is a legit greenhouse though. Maybe even hanging sprinklers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 16:11

I'm not sure about Stone Throw, but the way I've done it is:

- Create walls, place full-sized windows on them
- Remove the roof and replace with the "Fee Fi Fo Fence" (I think that's the name of it) as a simple pattern on top of the walls. <-- Important part is the removal of the roof.

There's a guide with screenshots somewhere that shows how to place the Stone Throw Greenhouse, but I don't recall where it is and searching never does me any good. Maybe Admin or Lady ElDi will quickly know where it's at and be able to point you to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 16:15

hexorcist wrote:I'm not sure about Stone Throw, but the way I've done it is:

- Create walls, place full-sized windows on them
- Remove the roof and replace with the "Fee Fi Fo Fence" (I think that's the name of it) as a simple pattern on top of the walls. <-- Important part is the removal of the roof.
Ok. So I just started playing Sims3 recently. What you are suggesting above can be done with just base games items yes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 16:17

Sure. The only problem is, if you have Seaons your plants will be snowed on - which isn't very immersive, but if you don't play to immerse then it's no big deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 16:25

Sadly I do not have seasons yet. My torrents take a long time to download. They have a radical fluctuation to them. I will say a solid 24hrs download period. As for the stones throw greenhouse,, I believe I came across a topic talking about being able to build it on a seperate community lot but not your own. I was thinking if I do get it, placing a small lot as close to my house as possible with the illusion of it being on my land.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 01 Jan 2013, 18:05

The way I do it, is make an outside room, with the roofs and everything, and each time I need to move or plant something, I just delete one tile of the wall, and replace it when done. Smile There's apparently no way to have the game recognize it as a greenhouse instead of just another room. I searched everywhere to find a way to do so right after the greenhouse option came out.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 01 Jan 2013, 19:38

hexorcist wrote:There's a guide with screenshots somewhere that shows how to place the Stone Throw Greenhouse, but I don't recall where it is and searching never does me any good. Maybe Admin or Lady ElDi will quickly know where it's at and be able to point you to it.
Hi there,

Here you go: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9160-how-to-place-the-stones-throw-greenhouse-lot
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 04:22

Okay. Here is what I came up with. I plan on expanding it and making it all symmetrical. This is even on my own lot. And don't anybody worry about that other dark looking room to the side. Just keep minding yer own business and we'll has no problems.Twisted Evil
how to make a greenhouse? Screen13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 07:05

Admin wrote:
hexorcist wrote:There's a guide with screenshots somewhere that shows how to place the Stone Throw Greenhouse, but I don't recall where it is and searching never does me any good. Maybe Admin or Lady ElDi will quickly know where it's at and be able to point you to it.
Hi there,

Here you go: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9160-how-to-place-the-stones-throw-greenhouse-lot
Thanks Admin, But I was looking for a guide to build one, on my lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 02 Jan 2013, 18:37

Beef sticks wrote:
Admin wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks Admin, But I was looking for a guide to build one, on my lot
Hi there,

Sorry, didn't really followed this topic, just passed the requested link to Hexorcist.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top