Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with sims 3 after installing supernatural. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with sims 3 after installing supernatural. [SOLVED] Empty Problem with sims 3 after installing supernatural. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 11:34

Hello,

So i decided to install the Supernatural Expansion, i downloaded it from games4theworld.com site, i followed the instruction on how to install it that came with the file, i also had previously performed the "how to install the sims 3 correctly", manual patch, and ultimate fix, i also had the master suite expansion installed and it worked just fine. After installing the supernatural expansion, i ran the launcher just fine, but when i click play, nothing happens. I checked in the task manager to see if the exe file of the simes ran, and it did but it closes shortly after. I tryed to re-install the manual patch and ultimate fix but had no results.

I would be grateful if someone could help me out with this.

Back to top Go down

Problem with sims 3 after installing supernatural. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem with sims 3 after installing supernatural. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 11:42

Couple questions:

- What version does your launcher show for Supernatural?

- Could you tell us the file sizes and dates of the TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll files in your base game's installation directory?

Back to top Go down

Problem with sims 3 after installing supernatural. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem with sims 3 after installing supernatural. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 11:51

Supernatural version: 15.0.135.019001, im getting this version out of the launcher, in the bottom left corner, not sure if that's the supernatural version.

TS3W: 13,114 KB
TSLHOST.ddl: 5,158 KB

One other thing, just now when i was checking the version for supernatural, an error window came up: sims3launcher has stopped working and has to close.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 12:10

Could you give us the dates of those files as well please? Some versions of those files have the correct file size, but incorrect dates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 12:19

Oh the dates sorry i forgot them:
TS3W: 7/21/2012
TSLHOST.dll: 7/21/2012

I got that from properties, then details, not sure if that date you're asking for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 12:29

Ok, try copying the files in the "# Crack" folder in the Ultimate Fix again. I know you said you did it previously, but those dates aren't correct (should be 1 November 2012).

As a side note, I think there's some kind of check that happens because twice in recent history (once with a user on these forums via teamviewer) I -know- I copied the files, but the older files returned. On one of my other systems I even renamed the originals to TS3W.exe.orig and TSLHost.dll.orig when I copied them, yet after running the launcher the older files had returned (the .orig files were still there, but the cracked files weren't). So, essentially, you may have copied them and something changed them back or overwrote them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2013, 13:09

I re-downloaded the ultimate fix, and applied it, also i uninstall and re-install the supernatural expansion and follow all the steps for installation, and it is working now!

Thank you for your time and help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 06 Jan 2013, 17:11

Hello there,

Glad to hear it's working now!
Thank you Hexorcist.

Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need more assistance! Problem with sims 3 after installing supernatural. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top