Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Error Code 12.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Error Code 12.[SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 Error Code 12.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2013, 17:02

I have been getting this error for a lot of days. I tried ALL the steps,downloaded error trap but still not working.Yesterday, I realized that my PC's RAM is 2GB only,but I have all EP and SP which needs at least 4GB of RAM.So,should I upgrade it to 4GB or there is any instructions to solve this? Smile

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Error Code 12.[SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Error Code 12.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 16 Jan 2013, 10:04

Hello,

It may be a possibility to upgrade to 4 GB. But try increasing your virtual memory first. On XP, your virtual memory is found as follows: right click "my computer", go to properties, and go to the "advanced" tab. You can change virtual memory under the "performance' option. You'll have to log on to the pc as administrator.
It may not help though, you're running XP so I assume you don't own an awesome pc. What can you tell us about your system specs?

I'm using an old pc myself (only 1GB RAM) and had to downsize my game after Showtime came out, and again to accommodate Seasons. Not due to error 12 though, I only experienced that once.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 18:48

my operating system is Windows 7 now and yes i tried these but didn't work.My system specs:

Time of this report: 1/16/2013, 23:46:06
Machine name: USER-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
System Model: GS195AA-AB4 g3118l
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/09/07 09:56:55 Ver: 08.00.13
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU 2140 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2048MB RAM
Page File: 1515MB used, 2579MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 08:05

I have 2GB Ram also, and I experienced error 12 for two times. First when my Sims got back from France, and second when my Stylist Sim had styled a lot of sims all over the town. I tried turning off story progression on my town and it actually works for me. Its my 100th sim day and still no Error 12. But obviously there will be no progress in my town, but I have to sacrifice it if I want to make a legacy. After all the sims around my town still ages.
Lady ElDi Do you have a link where I can follow some instructions on how to change settings for virtual memory. I think ill try that. Ive searched for it before, but there was this website said that changing page file size etc. is dangerous.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 17 Jan 2013, 12:28

Hello,

Where did I get the idea you were on XP?
Anyway, yes in this case it'll probably help to increase your RAM a little, you're only just meeting the RAM requirements for running TS3 on a pc with windows 7.

akoposijm wrote:I have 2GB Ram also, and I experienced error 12 for two times. First when my Sims got back from France, and second when my Stylist Sim had styled a lot of sims all over the town. I tried turning off story progression on my town and it actually works for me. Its my 100th sim day and still no Error 12. But obviously there will be no progress in my town, but I have to sacrifice it if I want to make a legacy. After all the sims around my town still ages.
Lady ElDi Do you have a link where I can follow some instructions on how to change settings for virtual memory. I think ill try that. Ive searched for it before, but there was this website said that changing page file size etc. is dangerous.

Hello,

I don't know if it's dangerous to increase page file/virtual memory. I've been doing it for years and to my knowledge, there have been no ill effects.
I have no idea how to do it on win 7 though, Google can help you there.

I'm not sure turning the storyprogression off is the best way to prevent your save games from getting bloated, it's not the most desirable way (imo) especially since there are other things you can do.. There are a few options that can help here, this can also help keep your savegames smaller.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 19:12

Ok, i'll get a new RAM soon Smile But some are saying to get 8GB as they announced more EP's and SP's which will come out later in this year. 8GB might be pretty expensive, so is 4GB okay? WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 20:01

Lady ElDi wrote:
akoposijm wrote: Ive searched for it before, but there was this website said that changing page file size etc. is dangerous.

I don't know if it's dangerous to increase page file/virtual memory. I've been doing it for years and to my knowledge, there have been no ill effects.

As long as you're not telling Windows to utilize up to the maximum of your free space available on the drive, you'll be fine. When WIndows needs space and doesn't have any (due to a pagefile that is improperly set) there will be serious issues. With that said though, with Win7/Win8 it's not quite as bad because Windows creates a hidden partition just in case it needs space and can't get it elsewhere. With Win XP if you did this the only way to recover from it would be to boot from a floppy drive straight into DOS and delete the pagefile.sys file - not really something that's recommended for the typical users that have no clue what DOS is Smile

Ok, i'll get a new RAM soon Smile
But some are saying to get 8GB as they announced more EP's and SP's
which will come out later in this year. 8GB might be pretty expensive,
so is 4GB okay? WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Based on your information posted earlier, you're running a 32bit system. Adding more than 4GB of ram will not benefit you unless you're running a 64bit system. Either way, RAM is pretty cheap these days and I'd recommend getting at least 6GB (and a 64bit OS) .. but 4GB will probably be fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 17 Jan 2013, 20:26

Hi there,

4GB is more than enough, especially for The Sims 3.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 20:58

Okay, thank you! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 17 Jan 2013, 21:16

Hello there,

You're always welcome.
Anything else we can currently guide you with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 18 Jan 2013, 09:50

hexorcist wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:
akoposijm wrote: Ive searched for it before, but there was this website said that changing page file size etc. is dangerous.

As long as you're not telling Windows to utilize up to the maximum of your free space available on the drive, you'll be fine. When WIndows needs space and doesn't have any (due to a pagefile that is improperly set) there will be serious issues. With that said though, with Win7/Win8 it's not quite as bad because Windows creates a hidden partition just in case it needs space and can't get it elsewhere. With Win XP if you did this the only way to recover from it would be to boot from a floppy drive straight into DOS and delete the pagefile.sys file - not really something that's recommended for the typical users that have no clue what DOS is Smile

Ah but that will never be a problem then unless you start running out of disk space on C.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 19:40

No,that was all Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:49

Hello,

Good to hear.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)