Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! Manual update not working as well as launcher!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help! Manual update not working as well as launcher! Empty Help! Manual update not working as well as launcher!

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 22:37

Hello,
I bought 2 Sims games my self and shared 2 other CD's with a friend. I recently downloaded your Sim 3 Pets. I followed the Installation guide and downloaded the manual update.... now what?
when I open the launcher it immediately closes. At first i though this was because I put in the crack before the manual update. so I deleted the file from the crack in my sims3/game/bin. I also don't know how the manual update works. I moved it to the sims3/game/bin but I don't know what to do next. Please help. This is starting to frustrate me and its starting not to be worth the work.
thanks,
mobey

Back to top Go down

Help! Manual update not working as well as launcher! Empty Re: Help! Manual update not working as well as launcher!

Post by t2sink Tue 29 Jan 2013, 04:47

Your need to run the Manual Update, just double click on it.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9979-everything-got-worse#70920 - Mobey115 wrote:
Alright well because i needed the Update to work. I read a few place you had to get rid of mod/CCs, I also read that uninstalling the game then re-installing it would get rid of the mods/CCs. It did this and tried to do the update again. I got an error message. SO then i tried the launcher again. It doesn't open at all any more. So then i tried to do the game without the launcher. It would work either. My guess is because i haven't put in the cracks yet, which your supposed to do AFTER the update.... I'm desperate. Noob
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9979-everything-got-worse#70935 - t2sink wrote:
Well you don't have to get rid of the mods/cc before you update, but it's advised that you should, since it only takes a few moments to do, just go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and move the Mods folder to the desktop, do a update, and before you move the Mods back, make sure you they will work with the update you do, you can check on their website.

If you didn't install Mods/CC, might as well backup the entire The Sims 3 folder there, so it thinks you just installed everything rather then having older settings and such.

To keep things more organized I attempted the best I could in putting them in one topic.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Help! Manual update not working as well as launcher! Empty Re: Help! Manual update not working as well as launcher!

Post by Admin Wed 30 Jan 2013, 22:10

Hello,

The manual patch from step 2: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly , can be applied by just double-clicking it: it's an .exe file. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top