Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manual update not working! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Manual update not working! [SOLVED] Empty Manual update not working! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2013, 05:35

Hi! So I've been having some issues trying to update the game to 1.48. When I try to install the update, I get the classic "No version of the Sims 3 is detected" error message. I searched the web, and tried to install the manual patch. I got the same error message. I can't use the ultimate fix, because I'm not trying to install any of the expansion packs that are required for that fix to work. So is there anything else I can do?  Help

Back to top Go down

Manual update not working! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Manual update not working! [SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Wed 30 Jan 2013, 20:33

Where did you get your base game? Store bought, Origin, Steam, Torrent?

If a torrent, what was the name on the torrent?
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Manual update not working! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Manual update not working! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 19:12

t2sink wrote:Where did you get your base game? Store bought, Origin, Steam, Torrent?

If a torrent, what was the name on the torrent?

I got both the base game and the expansion pack via Origin. (Very sorry for the late reply.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 13 Feb 2013, 21:56

Hello,

Don't worry about the late reply.
Did you re-download the manual patch from step 2: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly ? (DO NOT use any other download/link)

If you still get the same error, please uninstall your Origin The Sims 3 base game version and then restart your PC.
After restarting your PC, re-install it via Origin and try the manual patch again, afterwards.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jul 2013, 02:26

-dusts off old post- I just wanted to let you all know that thanks to the help of everybody here, I can finally install my expansion pack and everything is working fine. I'm now torrenting the other expansion and stuff packs (from your torrents, of course). Thanks so, so much for all the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jul 2013, 09:23

Problem solved, topic locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top