Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 9 Empty Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:31

First topic message reminder :

Update: 
We have abandoned the old "games4theworld.org" site, though as long as it is still online you can use it to grab some (store) items for The Sims 3. In the meantime, here is an alternative source for individual store items:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t34210-all-games4theworld-individual-the-sims-3-store-items

And here a torrent for the complete store collection:

-You can now also report your problems with our Download Server quickly via: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/report-a-problem.html -

Hello everyone,

The moment you've all been waiting for: we've finally released our MediaFire alternative, in the form of a completely new website: www.games4theworlddownloads.org
As you might have noticed already, this website is still work-in-progess, meaning that a lot of pages and some download links are still missing. We decided to do a beta release, so you guys could give us feedback on how to improve it. We'll be adding the missing pages and download links over time, so be sure to check back daily.

In this topic we'll gather all your feedback and - if possible - implement the new feature(s) in the next website update. Please also let us know about the download speed and the page loading speed.
So please keep the feedback coming!

Exclamation In order to make things easier, please do provide a link to the page and a screenshot of the problem, if possible.

Known problems/improvements:

- Overall layout is too wide for some computer screens (Let us know how it looks on your screen and include your resolution/screen size!)
FIXED!
- Add a "Back to top" button
FIXED! (Thank you for the image, Lady ElDi!)
- December 2011 page will be fixed soon
FIXED!
- Host images on own server, instead of linking to other websites (E.g. ServImg)
FIXED!
- Change menu style (And colour, if needed)
FIXED!
- Change line height + font size
FIXED!

- Banner broken on this page. FIXED!
- Some split files broken? See this post. (this set, for example) FIXED!
- Being more specific about file format, see this post. FIXED!
- HJ split guide requested. FIXED! (Got rid of all the split files)
This set fails to install. FIXED!
- Adding a "limited edition stuff" category. FIXED!
- Making banners "fit to scale", if possible. See this post. FIXED!
- Some links are broken, see this post. FIXED! (Use a different browser, for example Google Chrome - See yellow warning on homepage)
- More broken links, see this post.
FIXED!

- Line-height should be increased on some pages FIXED!
- Add "COMPLETE year" downloads, to download everything from a specific year at once (Will be added once the website is finished)
- Disable Mac elastic scrolling, see:

Code:
<script>
document.addEventListener(
  'touchmove',
  function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
  },
  false
);

IF YOU HAVE ANY FEEDBACK, PLEASE COLLECT ALL YOUR FEEDBACK FIRST AND THEN POST EVERYTHING AT ONCE, instead of making a new post for every piece of feedback. Thank you!

Last edited by Admin on Wed 24 Dec 2014, 16:36; edited 16 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 9 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Guest Tue 13 Aug 2013, 10:32

Thank you for the alternative site

It is detailed and much help so that we would know which is which.

PS. Just add the missing months and Im okay with it =)

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 9 Empty store updates question

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 00:53

before loss of the old site i had updates completed til nov 2012, i was looking to catch up on the remaining updates, but cant seem to load december 2012 page completely. is this an unfinished page? are the remaining more recent updates also to follow? or are update pages just not being added in order if the updates im seeking havent been added yet, its no biggy. i can be patient, im just curious if its an error on my part. i have first tried using chrome, then tried using firefox with same result.

im very greatful for all that you do here.Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 9 Icon_bounce ive been out of work and / or very limited income if any for past 2 years and really appreciate being able to try things that i have missed due to lack of money without fear of what i may be getting along with my attempted download. 
i've bought every sims 1 and sims 2 since the beginning and would be stuck at showtime and town life if it werent for your help. Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 9 Affraid 
nice to have a place to trust. 

Much Thanks to everyone involved that make this site possible! 

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 9 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Guest Thu 15 Aug 2013, 01:26

Hmm. I think a list of what is where would be kinda cool. It would make searching faster. I often forget when the sets I'm looking for came out and end up going through each page for it(especially because I forget what they're called as well, seeing the name on a list would jog my memory). It's not needed, of course, but it would be handy.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 15 Aug 2013, 10:19

Ghostcaptain wrote:Hmm. I think a list of what is where would be kinda cool. It would make searching faster. I often forget when the sets I'm looking for came out and end up going through each page for it(especially because I forget what they're called as well, seeing the name on a list would jog my memory). It's not needed, of course, but it would be handy.
 The site's searchfunction works rather well, but a list would hardly be helpful I'm afraid. There are 500 sims3packs, give or take a few.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 09:39

I am having problem with finding downloads :(where are links?  I am trying to download some stuff from sims 3 store, but do not know where to look.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 18:25

Ok Hi!!! So when I go to this a download things it takes to long and makes my network time out so they stop downloading is there any way you can compact them to a torrent that I could download?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 20:44

nataodzanata wrote:I am having problem with finding downloads :(where are links?  I am trying to download some stuff from sims 3 store, but do not know where to look.
Hi
what you are looking for is this site: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/
This is the new download site for the store stuff.
Not everything is in yet but most of it is. Hope that helped.
Happy simming:sims1:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2013, 07:34

Don't know if I'm the only one, but download speeds are very slow, for everything. Max at 30 kb/s and I know my connection can do better. Any suggestions, or is this just the website? Thank you for everything though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Aug 2013, 19:35

Hello!
It's a great idea to build a website for downloads Smile The only problem I've had so far is with download speeds. I download at maximum 17ko/sec. I know it's not my connection. Here's my speedtest:

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 9 2908566133

Thank you for everything. I'm grateful to have found this website Smile

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 9 Empty download speeds

Post by Guest Tue 20 Aug 2013, 02:33

yeah it is the site as far as download speeds, im having same problem. i just did thaat speedtest with 6 downloads in progress and still got this

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 9 2911208256

6 200mb or less files gonna take me 3 hours and i been already going for 20 minutes.

i couldnt even connect to server to load a page anymore after starting the 6th download. hope this will someday be improved, 
but still i send my deepest thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Aug 2013, 02:57

Hey, both of you, use IDM (Internet Download Manager) cracked version or the dollar version, as you like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 13:53

I give up the LE content isn't coming back

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 08:53

thanks for your great work it is easy than anyother websites to download and a good and easy instructions to install u r great Hammertime Like a Star @ heaven I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 12:48

I am somewhat confused. Are all downloads there sims3pack? Cause I've been using package lately and still am so I don't know which one to install in store fixes (as in installation guide it has two different tutorials for sims3pack and package)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 Aug 2013, 12:52

GlimmerSims wrote:I am somewhat confused. Are all downloads there sims3pack? Cause I've been using package lately and still am so I don't know which one to install in store fixes (as in installation guide it has two different tutorials for sims3pack and package)
Hello,

".sims3packs" and ".package" files are two different things. ".Sims3packs" belong into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads. ".Package" files belong into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages.

For a guide on installing ".packages", see "how to install .package files": http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/guides.html

//EDIT

Next time, please do not post a question like this here. You should post this in one of the sections named "The Sims (3)". The question you have has not much to do with "feedback on the Mediafire-alternative". Wink 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 25 Aug 2013, 13:02

GlimmerSims wrote:I am somewhat confused. Are all downloads there sims3pack? Cause I've been using package lately and still am so I don't know which one to install in store fixes (as in installation guide it has two different tutorials for sims3pack and package)
Hello,

It is never a loss to follow both instructions. Since you've got packages in your Mods/Packages folder (namely the store fix), it is suggested that you should follow both instructions.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 13:06

Carlos G. wrote:
Hello,

".sims3packs" and ".package" files are two different things. ".Sims3packs" belong into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads. ".Package" files belong into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages.

For a guide on installing ".packages", see "how to install .package files": http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/guides.html

Hey, thank you for your answer Smile
I understand what you're trying to say, and I already have mods folder installed and packages in it. 
The problem is that it appears this site holds only sims3pack files, and I've been downloading and installing only packages. 
So before I downloaded anything from this site, I downloaded and wanted to update 'store fixes' but in it's guide it says 

"These fixes assume you have all items installed the same way; either .package or .Sims3Pack."

As I'm using packages I have to update it for packages - which means I won't be able to use sims3pack items...? Which means no downloading from your site >.> I'm sorry if I messed anything up, I'm just getting confused and I'd really like to use store updates! Again thank you so much for your time and I apologize!

Cat - I wasn't sure if I can follow both instructions. You know, if they will interfere with one another. :newfag:

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 25 Aug 2013, 13:11

Hello,

You can use sims3packs and packages at the same time, and use the store fixes. Simply follow both sets of instructions, and it will work.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 25 Aug 2013, 13:15

GlimmerSims wrote:
Carlos G. wrote:
Hello,

Hey, thank you for your answer Smile
I understand what you're trying to say, and I already have mods folder installed and packages in it. 
The problem is that it appears this site holds only sims3pack files, and I've been downloading and installing only packages. 
So before I downloaded anything from this site, I downloaded and wanted to update 'store fixes' but in it's guide it says 

"These fixes assume you have all items installed the same way; either .package or .Sims3Pack."

As I'm using packages I have to update it for packages - which means I won't be able to use sims3pack items...? Which means no downloading from your site >.> I'm sorry if I messed anything up, I'm just getting confused and I'd really like to use store updates! Again thank you so much for your time and I apologize!

Cat - I wasn't sure if I can follow both instructions. You know, if they will interfere with one another. :newfag:
Hello,

Instruction guide for store fix. wrote:
1. Place "ccmerged.package", "StoreFix_DecrapFixes.package", "StoreFix_Fixes.package" and "XMLs.package" in: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\.
1. Place "StoreFix_DecrapFixes.package", "StoreFix_Fixes.package" and "XMLs.package" in:
(My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Overrides\.

They are not contradictory. One is for placing the store fix in Mods/Packages and the other is for placing the fix in Mods/Overrides. They are different folders. If you don't have any sims3packs installed, then you should follow the instructions for package files only.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 25 Aug 2013, 22:21

Hello all,

As for the slow downloads, try a different browser, please. Let us know the result, good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 14:46

hello guys, thanks for the great effort of building an alternative site for the downloads. I've had a bunch of good downloads but some have an error (this is an example from November 2012):
NOT FOUND

The requested URL /ts3/store-2012/files/november/EP8OriginSET.rar was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 27 Aug 2013, 17:57

Aspidiske wrote:hello guys, thanks for the great effort of building an alternative site for the downloads. I've had a bunch of good downloads but some have an error (this is an example from November 2012):
NOT FOUND

The requested URL /ts3/store-2012/files/november/EP8OriginSET.rar was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Hello,

We'll report this to Admin, and he'll have a look at it when he's back next week. Thank you!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 9 Empty Stone's Throw Greenhouse Season's Update

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 13:10

Hi hi!~ I have been searching for a bit but sadly, have been unable to find this. A link was posted some time back to a Mediafire account but the link does not work. The new website doesn't appear to have this up yet; so I shall request it please be uploaded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 21:19

Oh yay!!! I just saw this now but I'm so happy you guys finally got it back up! I was like a lost bunny searching other sources for store content these past months. Nothing beats G4TW though. 
Whoop whoop!
 Hammertime 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Aug 2013, 23:16

Hey guys !!!

Kabiru here. First I am glad for the store downloads to be back. Four agonizing months to finaly see thr light of peace.

I have my feedback. Here it is: most download links leads to a long page of codes and sadly no browsers in the whole world I ever tried to make them work with have ever made a change at all. Firefox? nope. Chrome? nope. Dolphin? nope. Flamingan Africa Browser? nope. Meteor Asia Browser? nope. and so much more... it is no use for now. So I have to wait until the end of your holidays to fix these links. cause I will never be able to play with these store bonuses. My backup from last marchhave been wiped out by some prank Kom played on me and my husband when we were cooking a meal he used to wince at... sigh...

please can you fix it when you are back?

Thanks!

regards. kabiru.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 30 Aug 2013, 15:43

romantyke wrote:Hey guys !!!

Kabiru here. First I am glad for the store downloads to be back. Four agonizing months to finaly see thr light of peace.

I have my feedback. Here it is: most download links leads to a long page of codes and sadly no browsers in the whole world I ever tried to make them work with have ever made a change at all. Firefox? nope. Chrome? nope. Dolphin? nope. Flamingan Africa Browser? nope. Meteor Asia Browser? nope. and so much more... it is no use for now. So I have to wait until the end of your holidays to fix these links. cause I will never be able to play with these store bonuses. My backup from last marchhave been wiped out by some prank Kom played on me and my husband when we were cooking a meal he used to wince at... sigh...

please can you fix it when you are back?

Thanks!

regards. kabiru.
Hello,

I can download them via Chrome and Internet Explorer (I have tested at least 7 links to confirm). I am pretty sure it's the problem of your pc... Can you clear the browsing history and try downloading them via Chrome?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 01:07

hey thanks for replying.

sadly even by clearing history. or downloads history. changing settings. I did everything mate. nothing works. whether with a pc browser or with my husband's smartphone browser. to test whether it was my pc or my husband' s smartphone I asked to test with my little brothers and sisters pc apiece. my father's snartphone and pc. my mother's martphone and pc but nothing simply do the trick.

to be very sure as well I have uninstalled the browsers, reinstalled them. clearing the histories, he caches, the cookies of every machines. but to no avail.

I just cannot do anything. it is disappointing. my sons and me love the sims 3 and with the store stuff it was even more enjoyable since it made the whole game extremely realistic and full of real life topics. we are now deprived of it and somehow the fun is less enjoyable. Do not get me wrong. i am not there to complain or criticise at all. your website is the best one ever when it comes to the whole of the sims 3 world and I am extremely grateful of your generousity. ea games being greedy, you are the opposite. that makes you heroes for people having money limitations. our family is poor too. and you helped us out for so long.

we are really looking forward for a way to fix the links. but If you cannot, there may be still some ways for us to get the store stuff. i am sure we can. why not just try to send them to me by email links? or attached stuff? perhaps there are even more ways to settle that.

i trust you guys. i just need your help. i am not afraid of desperation. let us just find a way.

thanks in advance.

regards, kabiru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top