Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 14 Empty Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:31

First topic message reminder :

Update: 
We have abandoned the old "games4theworld.org" site, though as long as it is still online you can use it to grab some (store) items for The Sims 3. In the meantime, here is an alternative source for individual store items:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t34210-all-games4theworld-individual-the-sims-3-store-items

And here a torrent for the complete store collection:

-You can now also report your problems with our Download Server quickly via: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/report-a-problem.html -

Hello everyone,

The moment you've all been waiting for: we've finally released our MediaFire alternative, in the form of a completely new website: www.games4theworlddownloads.org
As you might have noticed already, this website is still work-in-progess, meaning that a lot of pages and some download links are still missing. We decided to do a beta release, so you guys could give us feedback on how to improve it. We'll be adding the missing pages and download links over time, so be sure to check back daily.

In this topic we'll gather all your feedback and - if possible - implement the new feature(s) in the next website update. Please also let us know about the download speed and the page loading speed.
So please keep the feedback coming!

Exclamation In order to make things easier, please do provide a link to the page and a screenshot of the problem, if possible.

Known problems/improvements:

- Overall layout is too wide for some computer screens (Let us know how it looks on your screen and include your resolution/screen size!)
FIXED!
- Add a "Back to top" button
FIXED! (Thank you for the image, Lady ElDi!)
- December 2011 page will be fixed soon
FIXED!
- Host images on own server, instead of linking to other websites (E.g. ServImg)
FIXED!
- Change menu style (And colour, if needed)
FIXED!
- Change line height + font size
FIXED!

- Banner broken on this page. FIXED!
- Some split files broken? See this post. (this set, for example) FIXED!
- Being more specific about file format, see this post. FIXED!
- HJ split guide requested. FIXED! (Got rid of all the split files)
This set fails to install. FIXED!
- Adding a "limited edition stuff" category. FIXED!
- Making banners "fit to scale", if possible. See this post. FIXED!
- Some links are broken, see this post. FIXED! (Use a different browser, for example Google Chrome - See yellow warning on homepage)
- More broken links, see this post.
FIXED!

- Line-height should be increased on some pages FIXED!
- Add "COMPLETE year" downloads, to download everything from a specific year at once (Will be added once the website is finished)
- Disable Mac elastic scrolling, see:

Code:
<script>
document.addEventListener(
  'touchmove',
  function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
  },
  false
);

IF YOU HAVE ANY FEEDBACK, PLEASE COLLECT ALL YOUR FEEDBACK FIRST AND THEN POST EVERYTHING AT ONCE, instead of making a new post for every piece of feedback. Thank you!

Last edited by Admin on Wed 24 Dec 2014, 16:36; edited 16 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 14 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2013, 18:31

Hey sorry, haven't been on in a while, I'm using the tor Browser and the only store content that will come up is the october 2010 content. Is it a problem on my end or yours? Also, I was able to download the worlds though, which is good along with the store fix.

Edit: Sorry for my ignorance, I should've read more posts, also why was my account temporarily banned? O.o

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 14 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Admin Sun 17 Nov 2013, 23:50

tommy61157 wrote:Hey sorry, haven't been on in a while, I'm using the tor Browser and the only store content that will come up is the october 2010 content. Is it a problem on my end or yours? Also, I was able to download the worlds though, which is good along with the store fix.

Edit: Sorry for my ignorance, I should've read more posts, also why was my account temporarily banned? O.o
Hello there,

As far as I know, your account wasn't banned, but you can contact me via PM if you think there's a problem. (Which might be caused by having a dynamic IP address)
If you're banned again, feel free to contact us via Games4theworld@hotmail.com !

Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 16:35

Hey admin, I made a full list of the problems with the store downloads so you can use this as a check list when fixing it.

June 2009 - September 2010
November 2010 - Janurary 2011
July 2011
September 2011
November 2011
June 2012
December 2012
Janurary 2013 (I seriously doubt only 1 set was released that month)
Feburary 2013
March 2013 (Only the complete link is broke along with the MardiGrasSet and PruisFamilySet, all else works fine)
April 2013 (Everything is broken besides the MedWedSet)
May 2013
June 2013 (Again, only 1 set for the month? Which is broken, might I add?)
July 2013 links work, but still says coming soon for some reason
There are no downloads for anything past July 2013.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 18 Nov 2013, 22:47

tommy61157 wrote:Hey admin, I made a full list of the problems with the store downloads so you can use this as a check list when fixing it.

June 2009 - September 2010
November 2010 - Janurary 2011
July 2011
September 2011
November 2011
June 2012
December 2012
Janurary 2013 (I seriously doubt only 1 set was released that month)
Feburary 2013
March 2013 (Only the complete link is broke along with the MardiGrasSet and PruisFamilySet, all else works fine)
April 2013 (Everything is broken besides the MedWedSet)
May 2013
June 2013 (Again, only 1 set for the month? Which is broken, might I add?)
July 2013 links work, but still says coming soon for some reason
Hello there,

Thank you for summing things up. We're still working on the website though, so lots of pages aren't working correctly.
The July 2013 says that the descriptions are coming soon, but you can already download the items.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 06:04

February May and August have no working download links.

On that note, thank you so much for all your hard work Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 24 Nov 2013, 14:32

factory_boy wrote:February May and August have no working download links.

On that note, thank you so much for all your hard work Smile
Hi there,

You're welcome!
Please read the message on the homepage.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2013, 23:11

Hello.

Whenever i click a download link (doesn't matter which one) my computer freezes a bit and then it loads a weird page that you can see on the photo down here.
What am i doing wrong?

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 14 X821wiAMEFwxwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 13 Dec 2013, 00:19

The only reason why you've got this error is that you are using Firefox! Switch to Chrome please.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Dec 2013, 00:30

Haha , Okay!

Didn't knew that!  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 14 Dec 2013, 20:22

xCharlieee wrote:Haha , Okay!

Didn't knew that!  Laughing
Hi there,

And if that didn't work, please read the solution (Yellow words) on the homepage of the Download Server. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jan 2014, 16:58

Quick question, when the download server goes back up, will all the sims 3 store stuff be available now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 01 Jan 2014, 19:07

tommy61157 wrote:Quick question, when the download server goes back up, will all the sims 3 store stuff be available now?
Hello there,

Probably not everything yet, but we'll finish it... eventually... Facepalm
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jan 2014, 23:53

I cant access the site either what browser will it show up on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jan 2014, 10:44

It might still be down for maintenance. See this thread for more information.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 06 Jan 2014, 01:37

Hello everyone,

Sorry about that, we had a full OS reinstallation on the server, hence the full downtime.
You can start downloading the Fixes and Guides again.

I'm currently reuploading the pages and the actual .Sims3Pack files. Stay tuned!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jan 2014, 09:53

Glad to here everything is working again!

I hope you don't mind me asking, but are there plans to add post July-2013 objects when the rest is done? There aren't pages for it, empty or otherwise.

Other than that, the site looks great! Thanks for your hard work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 06 Jan 2014, 18:46

Chicken0895 wrote:Glad to here everything is working again!

I hope you don't mind me asking, but are there plans to add post July-2013 objects when the rest is done? There aren't pages for it, empty or otherwise.

Other than that, the site looks great! Thanks for your hard work.
Hello there,

Yes, of course! LoriliHime is currently working on the descriptions and pictures for the missing 2013 months, if I'm not mistaken.
You can already download the files from all 2013 months. (Except for February 2013)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jan 2014, 20:50

Cool beans, thank you!  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jan 2014, 16:43

Okay, a couple of months were fixed, here's a new list of what doesn't work now:

Broken:
All 2009,
February 2010-August 2010,
November 2010 - Janurary 2011,
July 2011,
September 2011,
November 2011,
June 2012,
December 2012,
January 2013 (I seriously doubt only 1 set was released that month),
February 2013,
March 2013 (Only the complete link is broke along with the MardiGrasSet and PruisFamilySet, all else works fine),
April 2013 (Everything is broken besides the MedWedSet),
May 2013,
June 2013 (Again, only 1 set for the month? Which is broken, might I add?),
July 2013 links work, but still say coming soon for some reason,

Not much was fixed overall though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 07 Jan 2014, 19:24

tommy61157 wrote:Okay, a couple of months were fixed, here's a new list of what doesn't work now:

Broken:
All 2009,
February 2010-August 2010,
November 2010 - Janurary 2011,
July 2011,
September 2011,
November 2011,
June 2012,
December 2012,
January 2013 (I seriously doubt only 1 set was released that month),
February 2013,
March 2013 (Only the complete link is broke along with the MardiGrasSet and PruisFamilySet, all else works fine),
April 2013 (Everything is broken besides the MedWedSet),
May 2013,
June 2013 (Again, only 1 set for the month? Which is broken, might I add?),
July 2013 links work, but still say coming soon for some reason,

Not much was fixed overall though.
Hello there,

Well, I highly recommend you read the warning(s) on the homepage - the very first page you get on when you visit the website; the one with all the red arrows and stuff - first. That also answers your "broken link" comment about the June 2013 download. (See yellow text/warning)

Also note that the "Coming soon" is for the descriptions and pictures; you can already download the actual files though. (See my comment about the broken June 2013 download)
And the server issues were fixed, not the website itself.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jan 2014, 22:16

The Sky High Roller Coaster is not showing up in my game.  Can someone let me know if I maybe doing something wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 08 Jan 2014, 17:32

Blue Rose wrote:The Sky High Roller Coaster is not showing up in my game.  Can someone let me know if I maybe doing something wrong.
Hello,

You probably need the Store Fixes: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html
Instructions are included. Wink

If you run into more problems with the game itself, please post in the correct section on the Forum.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jan 2014, 03:51

okay, march and april 2013 just don't have a complete month set yet, the other downloads aren't broken, they just hate firefox, same with june 2013.

EDIT: Hooray! I have -1 reputation! :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 11 Jan 2014, 23:41

tommy61157 wrote:okay, march and april 2013 just don't have a complete month set yet, the other downloads aren't broken, they just hate firefox, same with june 2013.

EDIT: Hooray! I have -1 reputation! :p
Hi there,

Lol, wait 'til you see Narong's reputation. Razz
Correct, I noticed about the complete months too. Those will definitely be fixed too.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jan 2014, 04:00

Thank you for your hard work Very Happy
So some download files are missing. I hope you can fix that soon. Because some venues that interest me are missing Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jan 2014, 23:28

I'd just like to say that the store fix ended up causing problems in my game.  A large portion of sound effects are missing and I still don't have the store items that were supposed to come with the gold version of Roaring Heights.  No issues with mods or CC.  Any clue what's going on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top