Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 13 Empty Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:31

First topic message reminder :

Update: 
We have abandoned the old "games4theworld.org" site, though as long as it is still online you can use it to grab some (store) items for The Sims 3. In the meantime, here is an alternative source for individual store items:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t34210-all-games4theworld-individual-the-sims-3-store-items

And here a torrent for the complete store collection:

-You can now also report your problems with our Download Server quickly via: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/report-a-problem.html -

Hello everyone,

The moment you've all been waiting for: we've finally released our MediaFire alternative, in the form of a completely new website: www.games4theworlddownloads.org
As you might have noticed already, this website is still work-in-progess, meaning that a lot of pages and some download links are still missing. We decided to do a beta release, so you guys could give us feedback on how to improve it. We'll be adding the missing pages and download links over time, so be sure to check back daily.

In this topic we'll gather all your feedback and - if possible - implement the new feature(s) in the next website update. Please also let us know about the download speed and the page loading speed.
So please keep the feedback coming!

Exclamation In order to make things easier, please do provide a link to the page and a screenshot of the problem, if possible.

Known problems/improvements:

- Overall layout is too wide for some computer screens (Let us know how it looks on your screen and include your resolution/screen size!)
FIXED!
- Add a "Back to top" button
FIXED! (Thank you for the image, Lady ElDi!)
- December 2011 page will be fixed soon
FIXED!
- Host images on own server, instead of linking to other websites (E.g. ServImg)
FIXED!
- Change menu style (And colour, if needed)
FIXED!
- Change line height + font size
FIXED!

- Banner broken on this page. FIXED!
- Some split files broken? See this post. (this set, for example) FIXED!
- Being more specific about file format, see this post. FIXED!
- HJ split guide requested. FIXED! (Got rid of all the split files)
This set fails to install. FIXED!
- Adding a "limited edition stuff" category. FIXED!
- Making banners "fit to scale", if possible. See this post. FIXED!
- Some links are broken, see this post. FIXED! (Use a different browser, for example Google Chrome - See yellow warning on homepage)
- More broken links, see this post.
FIXED!

- Line-height should be increased on some pages FIXED!
- Add "COMPLETE year" downloads, to download everything from a specific year at once (Will be added once the website is finished)
- Disable Mac elastic scrolling, see:

Code:
<script>
document.addEventListener(
  'touchmove',
  function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
  },
  false
);

IF YOU HAVE ANY FEEDBACK, PLEASE COLLECT ALL YOUR FEEDBACK FIRST AND THEN POST EVERYTHING AT ONCE, instead of making a new post for every piece of feedback. Thank you!

Last edited by Admin on Wed 24 Dec 2014, 16:36; edited 16 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 13 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Admin Tue 22 Oct 2013, 14:39

Hello,

Some files magically disappear. We're currently working on fixing the download speed issues with the website.
After that we'll re-upload the complete website and that problem should be gone. (The missing files and the download speed)

Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 13 Empty Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Guest Wed 23 Oct 2013, 05:55

I'm trying to download the Sunlit Tides deluxe world but whenever I click the download link (games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/LF/SunlitTidesDeluxe.rar) The page just loads and says "Waiting for available socket..." All the other worlds are downloading fine (I don't mind the slow download speed, I've waited A LOT longer before)

EDIT: It suddenly works now. Thanks Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 17:13

Can't Open The Site

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 22:03

TitanBlaster wrote:Can't Open The Site
Me too. I can't access the website.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Oct 2013, 23:49

Can not access the site either

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Oct 2013, 00:03

First let me say LOVE the site ever since I first used it months ago, keep up the great work everything is easy to understand as long as I carefully follow instructions and do research. THANK YOU! 
I was wondering when the site maintenance will be over, since the ETA info is in some sort of xx.xx.xx 2013 format. It's my one day off so I was hoping to get my sims going today. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Oct 2013, 00:31

For everyone that can't access the site https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t14590-server-maintenance#104098
Just wanted to clear that up since I'm a perfectionist and noticed everyone saying they couldn't access it.

What he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Oct 2013, 01:30

Thank You!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 28 Oct 2013, 17:50

Dear everyone,

Note that the websites www.games4theworld.org and www.games4theworlddownloads.org have nothing to do with each other, as they are both hosted at two different places.
The topic found here is only for www.games4theworld.org .

So, why is www.games4theworlddownloads.org down? That's because we're currently in the process of moving to a new, faster server! Bear with us just a little bit more and it'll be back up soon.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 10:12

Take your time improving your service! To make G4TW The Best! Hammertime cheers Awesome Emote

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 29 Oct 2013, 21:46

Hello there,

We've moved to a new server. Just wait for the website to get back up.
Until then you can start downloading the Ultimate Fix from the direct download link again and you can view our Guides.

Can some people please check the direct download links HERE and let me know about the speed?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 22:31

Downloading now. I have pretty quick internet and the speed was very fast for me! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 29 Oct 2013, 22:35

steak n eggs wrote:Downloading now. I have pretty quick internet and the speed was very fast for me! Smile
Hi there,

That's good news!
Can you give an average download speed?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 22:46

Honestly it took less than a minute. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 07:01

Everytime I try to download a world it says:
Not Found
The requested URL /Downloads/LF/Barnacle_Bay.rar was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2 Server at www.games4theworlddownloads.org Port 80

The image is here: https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/812/0o06.png/
Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 13 0o06
Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback) - Page 13 0o06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 17:36

Jim121501, I get the same message whenever I download any world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 17:39

Are you guys confused by the WE ARE MOVING TO A NEW SERVER thing?? It takes time to migrate and update links etc. Be patient and try again tomorrow. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Oct 2013, 18:08

No hunny, I'm not confused, just wanted to point it out. Obviously it takes time, but how can they fix it if they don't know it's happening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Oct 2013, 16:17

Admin wrote:Hello there,

We've moved to a new server. Just wait for the website to get back up.
Until then you can start downloading the Ultimate Fix from the direct download link again and you can view our Guides.

Can some people please check the direct download links HERE and let me know about the speed?
The speed was super fast now. I'm using firefox if you want to know. Took less than a minute.Hammertime 

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 01 Nov 2013, 19:44

Hello everyone,

Indeed, some of the files still had to be transferred.
All the "LF" downloads should work like a charm again now! (The download speed is fantastic on my side)

Have fun!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Nov 2013, 22:47

If you need/want graphics for it, I can certainly do that for you for the website Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 02 Nov 2013, 00:06

TheRealJO2 wrote:If you need/want graphics for it, I can certainly do that for you for the website Very Happy
Hi there,

same goes for the Download Server: feel free to create banners/logos and stuff. If it fits in nicely, we can always add it.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Nov 2013, 20:10

I'm super happy about the new server cause I can now freely browse the site and download files. ^o^ So thank you Games4TheWorld.

Also, is there an estimate time for when all the files will be on the site by the way? Or will there be announcement upon all missing files being restored?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 03 Nov 2013, 20:43

MsWho wrote:I'm super happy about the new server cause I can now freely browse the site and download files. ^o^ So thank you Games4TheWorld.

Also, is there an estimate time for when all the files will be on the site by the way? Or will there be announcement upon all missing files being restored?
Hello there,

Unfortunately, no, there's no ETA.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Nov 2013, 04:53

Admin wrote:Dear everyone,

Note that the websites www.games4theworld.org and www.games4theworlddownloads.org have nothing to do with each other, as they are both hosted at two different places.
The topic found here is only for www.games4theworld.org .

So, why is www.games4theworlddownloads.org down? That's because we're currently in the process of moving to a new, faster server! Bear with us just a little bit more and it'll be back up soon.
Oops I linked to the wrong page, sorry.Facepalm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2013, 18:31

Hey sorry, haven't been on in a while, I'm using the tor Browser and the only store content that will come up is the october 2010 content. Is it a problem on my end or yours? Also, I was able to download the worlds though, which is good along with the store fix.

Edit: Sorry for my ignorance, I should've read more posts, also why was my account temporarily banned? O.o

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 17 Nov 2013, 23:50

tommy61157 wrote:Hey sorry, haven't been on in a while, I'm using the tor Browser and the only store content that will come up is the october 2010 content. Is it a problem on my end or yours? Also, I was able to download the worlds though, which is good along with the store fix.

Edit: Sorry for my ignorance, I should've read more posts, also why was my account temporarily banned? O.o
Hello there,

As far as I know, your account wasn't banned, but you can contact me via PM if you think there's a problem. (Which might be caused by having a dynamic IP address)
If you're banned again, feel free to contact us via Games4theworld@hotmail.com !
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top