Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best VPN services?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Best VPN services? - Page 4 Empty Best VPN services?

Post by Sim Architect Thu 05 Mar 2015, 05:24

First topic message reminder :

Hello everybody!

Does anybody know or use a reliable VPN service that's free (or REALLY cheap) and won't require you to install "their" software (those usually come with ads or begging to upgrade to pro notifications every 5 minutes)?

The ideal should be a VPN that we can just set up with windows (using a server domain or ip and credentials) or a virtual machine manager (same thing, just server info & credentials).

I think it would be very useful to many of us, for many things, to hide, to download pirate stuff while in countries or with ISPs that block torrents, for example, or even if you just want to watch content "exclusive to USA" or have a browsing experience as if you were in another country (sometimes I want to buy EA stuff as if I was in Canada, I need to use TeamViewer on a friend's computer, since the Brazilian Store will have Brazilian Prices and Tax, worse if I am in Europe, even if I use a Canadian Credit Card, they won't allow me to pick my country, they always use the IP)...

I know that good stuff isn't usually free neither cheap, but a few times it is. So, if any of you know of it, please share the love with us...

pirat
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Best VPN services? - Page 4 Empty Re: Best VPN services?

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2019, 17:07

I use ExpressVPN, it's $12 a month and is among the top rated VPNs of 2019. Before that i used IPVanish, before that i used PIA. Both of those are cheap good alternatives as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Jul 2019, 21:51

I've used VPN.ac, and from all VPN services I've tested so far, the speeds are the most reliable, with that service. Very Happy  They're also based somewhere in Eastern Europe, I think Romania, which is also better in terms of general privacy compared to pretty much the rest of Western Europe & North America.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Sep 2019, 20:44

The sick mentality of (some?) American corporations, and their stooges:
https://protonvpn.com/blog/p2p-in-switzerland/

ProtonVPN wrote:Switzerland has taken a liberal approach to copyright law, allowing citizens to use copyrighted material for personal use. This has made peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing sites popular in Switzerland. It has also attracted intense opposition from the film and music industries, as well as the US trade representative to Switzerland. They have encouraged Swiss authorities to ban the downloading of copyrighted materials and to place onerous fines on anyone caught doing so. However, Switzerland resisted their pressures on the grounds that enforcing these measures would require intolerable invasions of privacy.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Freezer Bunny Tue 22 Oct 2019, 16:30

Freezer Bunny
Freezer Bunny
The real one.
The real one.

Favourite games : The Sims games

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jan 2020, 15:21

For gaming I use ipvanish. It has a trial version in one month. Very interesting review:
Code:
https://webguidevpn.com/dedicated-ip-vpn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top