Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't get out. (Can't save The Sims: Medieval after latest update)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can't get out. (Can't save The Sims: Medieval after latest update) - Page 2 Empty I can't get out. (Can't save The Sims: Medieval after latest update)

Post by Guest Sun 01 May 2011, 05:54

First topic message reminder :

Hey,
I just want to say thank you for the game advice and I have also installed the Sims Medieval. It works fine especially with the new updated fix, but I have another problem. I'm not sure if it is even the game's fault. I can get into the game perfectly, but it won't let me leave. When I try to save and exit it just cuts the saving and doesn't exit. I tried to press the button but it doesn't work. All of the other buttons work except for "save and quit", "save", and "quit", and the Quests button (It won't come up). I hate to just completely restart my computer because I will loose saved progress. Like I said, I don't know if this is the game's fault, but I was really hoping for a solution to the problem.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

I can't get out. (Can't save The Sims: Medieval after latest update) - Page 2 Empty Re: I can't get out. (Can't save The Sims: Medieval after latest update)

Post by Admin Wed 04 May 2011, 11:03

Alyssa wrote:Yes, I did uninstall the game first, but I kept the save files from the old game could that be it?
Hello,

Did you restart your PC after uninstalling? And, did you backup your save file somewhere else than its original location? If not, please do so.

Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

I can't get out. (Can't save The Sims: Medieval after latest update) - Page 2 Empty Re: I can't get out. (Can't save The Sims: Medieval after latest update)

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2011, 22:48

I patched it to 1.2, and there doesn't seem to be any problems.

If you do this, too, I just have one small suggestion. The game forces you to do the tutorial again, so I suggest just starting a new kingdom when you start playing. (I started an old game save, and I didn't get very far in the tutorial, because I didn't have the Monarch as one of the playable heroes!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 04 May 2011, 22:50

yesalmsot wrote:I patched it to 1.2, and there doesn't seem to be any problems.

If you do this, too, I just have one small suggestion. The game forces you to do the tutorial again, so I suggest just starting a new kingdom when you start playing. (I started an old game save, and I didn't get very far in the tutorial, because I didn't have the Monarch as one of the playable heroes!)
Hello,

There's a config file somewhere, in which you can turn off the tutorial.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2011, 07:07

its working thanks admin cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 May 2011, 18:36

hello ,

I have done everything that you mention regarding these;

A wise Admin once wrote:1. Uninstall the game.
2. Restart your PC!
3. Reinstall the game, but DO NOT apply the crack yet!
4. Apply the v1.2.3 patch, which can be found here: http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims/patches/TheSimsMedievalPatch_1.2.3.00001_Update.exe
5. Now, we need to apply a crack that works with the v1.2.3 of the game. That crack can be found here (Or look for one yourself, if you don't trust it): www.games4theworld.org/The_Sims_-_Medieval_1.2.3_CRACK_ONLY.rar
6. Start the game and it should work fine now! Good luck!

HOWEVER , after that got the launcher pop out and I wanted to press the > green in colour button to start the game but it can't. It just said update it. Shall I update it to 1.3.13?

Why is this so ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 05 May 2011, 21:01

aichalif wrote:hello ,

I have done everything that you mention regarding these;

A wise Admin once wrote:1. Uninstall the game.
2. Restart your PC!
4. Apply the v1.2.3 patch, which can be found here: http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims/patches/TheSimsMedievalPatch_1.2.3.00001_Update.exe
5. Now, we need to apply a crack that works with the v1.2.3 of the game. That crack can be found here (Or look for one yourself, if you don't trust it): www.games4theworld.org/The_Sims_-_Medieval_1.2.3_CRACK_ONLY.rar

HOWEVER , after that got the launcher pop out and I wanted to press the > green in colour button to start the game but it can't. It just said update it. Shall I update it to 1.3.13?

Why is this so ?
Hello,

Hmm... look:
A wise Admin once wrote:Ps. Just ignore the launcher if it says that there's an update available!

It says there's an update available, because it - obviously - isn't the latest version of the game. If you dó update, you'll again get the latest version of the game, which, as we've seen, is still full of bugs.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

I can't get out. (Can't save The Sims: Medieval after latest update) - Page 2 Empty no save or quit

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2011, 05:05

is there a fix from here or ea comming on this ? not being able to save my game , and only being able to quit by going into my comps task manager is frustrating

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 06 May 2011, 12:00

hunterx767 wrote:is there a fix from here or ea comming on this ? not being able to save my game , and only being able to quit by going into my comps task manager is frustrating
Hello,

Well, I'm pretty sure they're working on it, because also people with the original game are having this problem, so EA messed up... again.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2011, 13:43

EA sucks Rolling Eyes
I don't really want to put effort in trying to patch to 1.2 I guess so I'll just have to wait for a fix from their side.. And I bet we can wait for quite a while before that comes out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 06 May 2011, 18:18

Bliss1991 wrote:EA sucks Rolling Eyes
I don't really want to put effort in trying to patch to 1.2 I guess so I'll just have to wait for a fix from their side.. And I bet we can wait for quite a while before that comes out.
That we can wait for a while, that's for sure.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2011, 04:23

I was excited that I finally got it working, I thought it was saving but when I went to go play it again, it wants me to make a new game. The only thing it saved was the Sims I created. Hurry up EA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 May 2011, 18:04

I think I might start crying when EA doesn't come with a problem-solving patch very very soon =.=

What a bunch of noobs.

Back to top Go down

I can't get out. (Can't save The Sims: Medieval after latest update) - Page 2 Empty The Sims Medieval wont let me save either.

Post by Guest Sun 22 May 2011, 01:50

I have been having the same problem with saving. The game works perfectly except for when i go to save and exit my game and then it will neither save nor let me exit and i have tried all i can think of but im going to try downgrading it to version 1.2.3 and maybe that will work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jun 2011, 09:29

Admin wrote:
yesalmsot wrote:Is there a way to patch it to 1.2?
I think it ís possible. You just need to do as following:

*Backup your savegames! (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\saves)

1. Uninstall the game.
2. Restart your PC!

Ps. Just ignore the launcher if it says that there's an update available!

If I patch it to 1.2, can I still apply the ultimate fix? Or will that not work either?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 04 Jun 2011, 13:40

angryunicorn wrote:
Admin wrote:

1. Uninstall the game.
2. Restart your PC!

If I patch it to 1.2, can I still apply the ultimate fix? Or will that not work either?
Hello,

Yes, but if you apply that one, you'll automatically update to the latest version (the one with the problems).
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jun 2011, 09:21

Having the exact same problem. Has it been figured out yet? I'm cool with rolling back to the un-patched version while I wait, so no rush.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jun 2011, 11:46

Raffle wrote:Having the exact same problem. Has it been figured out yet? I'm cool with rolling back to the un-patched version while I wait, so no rush.

Nope, it seems EA is in no rush either Rolling Eyes You could keep an eye on this forum: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/220.page

In 'royal proclamations' they announce new patches.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 05 Jun 2011, 11:58

Bliss1991 wrote:
Raffle wrote:Having the exact same problem. Has it been figured out yet? I'm cool with rolling back to the un-patched version while I wait, so no rush.

Nope, it seems EA is in no rush either Rolling Eyes You could keep an eye on this forum: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/220.page

In 'royal proclamations' they announce new patches.
Like expected... *Sight*
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jun 2011, 22:43

These are listed in the games readme.txt file and you are asked to 'contact customer support' about and it says' others not listed' have not been fixed?
Does that mean it is fixed but they have you sign into EA website and ask thus they know if you have a honest copy before they let you have the fixes?
below are the exact words:
readme.txt found in programfiles86/simsmid/support directory using win7:
Save-Related Error Messages
---------------------------
Below are some error messages that you may see from the game.
Please contact customer support if you encounter any of these errors.

01: No save file information.
02: No active world.
03: The save path is empty.
04: Cannot save directory.
05: Cannot find the requested file.
09: Failed to create header record.
10: Failed to write header record.
11: Pre-save callback failure.
12: World file save failure.
13: Post-save callback failure.
14: No load/save manager found.
15: Other error. Sorry.

Thanks for playing the game!
The Sims Medieval Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jun 2011, 22:53

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/6392028.page this page seems to say they can save just have other problems?
Several pages sound like they can save? That is why I believe they help them with the save problem just not us that can not go to them?
Do you guys have a bought copy so you can fix the problem using 'asking them' and then fix our problem using your download?

//EDIT

Ok I may have found the problem. I use motherlode and set up rooms and spend tons before I tried to save. Did anyone try to save before they decorated a room?

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/6244255.page
5/27 this was posted:
when I save during a quest or something like that it works perfectly- saves fast and it's ok.
But after I decorate a place, and I mean decorate a lot like a full room decoration and I want to get back to kingdom mode to save [Because I can't save in furniture mode] it does the loading mouse cursor and it just load and load and load, I left it there for an hour (!) and when i got back it was still loading.

I think something isn't ok.. and now after I decorate a place- full decoration I just can't save and all of my work is for nothing.

P.S.- When I decorated the room it was from Kingdom mode->Furniture mode, I wasn't during a quest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jun 2011, 06:05

ming wrote:http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/6392028.page this page seems to say they can save just have other problems?
Several pages sound like they can save? That is why I believe they help them with the save problem just not us that can not go to them?
Do you guys have a bought copy so you can fix the problem using 'asking them' and then fix our problem using your download?

my best friend bought his copy and he is having the save problem like us EA's solution is to give a 20 dollar credit and hopes it helps

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 11 Jun 2011, 19:44

ming wrote:http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/6392028.page this page seems to say they can save just have other problems?

//EDIT

Ok I may have found the problem. I use motherlode and set up rooms and spend tons before I tried to save. Did anyone try to save before they decorated a room?

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/6244255.page
5/27 this was posted:
when I save during a quest or something like that it works perfectly- saves fast and it's ok.
But after I decorate a place, and I mean decorate a lot like a full room decoration and I want to get back to kingdom mode to save [Because I can't save in furniture mode] it does the loading mouse cursor and it just load and load and load, I left it there for an hour (!) and when i got back it was still loading.

I think something isn't ok.. and now after I decorate a place- full decoration I just can't save and all of my work is for nothing.

P.S.- When I decorated the room it was from Kingdom mode->Furniture mode, I wasn't during a quest.
Hello,

Can someone confirm this, please?

hunterx767 wrote:

my best friend bought his copy and he is having the save problem like us EA's solution is to give a 20 dollar credit and hopes it helps
Haha, that's a good one! It'll certainly help, I'm sure. He could probably get a better non-EA game for that.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 02:15

Thanks so much for the game, patching it with the 1.2 version worked, but now it is crashing halfway through the tutorial every time? It didn't do this before updates or even when it wouldn't save with the latest update...?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 12:15

i don't mean to be annoying but how do i downgrade sims medieval?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 14 Jun 2011, 15:36

Pheonix41 wrote:i don't mean to be annoying but how do i downgrade sims medieval?
Hello,

Please try this:
Admin wrote:

1. Uninstall the game.
2. Restart your PC!

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 16:14

I'm so pissed off at those stupid EA newbies.
They should put their donuts and coffee down and get their asses to work.

I'm slowly starting to reconsider downgrading to 1.2.. I wanted to wait but I guess I could wait for a whole while longer >_<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 07:49

I looked at the ea boards my suggestion is we all respond to the can't save messages on the board and put the pressure on ea there are at least 3 i saw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top