Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There was error during start up. Please see Log for details. [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There was error during start up. Please see Log for details. [SOLVED] Empty There was error during start up. Please see Log for details. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2013, 16:02

There was error during start up. Please see Log for details. That was the message i got when i try to start up the Sims launcher. I've searched the web on how to fix it. Also, when i double click the TS3W it suppose to open...but it doesnt...in a sense that it doesnt even respond.It used to with a service initializing error of some sort. So i searched the net,and they asked me to open as administrator but it did nothing. Then another suggested i should delete my DCache and DBackup folders from the C:/ files...so i did...but it didnt help either. Then there was a video on going to regedit and seeing if there is some uninstalled programs still installed...I checked,and whatever that suppose to be there is there and whatever is not is not. Then i heard that i should go to add or remove programs then i went there and its all there...So i dont see the problem...And it still dont work...before this whole mess,I couldn't open up sims 3,the double-clicking error,so i deleted the torrent and redownload and install the whole thing ,plus add new expansions,did the fix...before redownloading i could still open the launcher but after redownloading i couldnt...I think also if i didnt add the crack into the bin i can open the launcher but can't play but if i add the crack then i cant even open the launcher...Thanks for reading There was error during start up. Please see Log for details. [SOLVED] 2830496658 Very Happy

Back to top Go down

There was error during start up. Please see Log for details. [SOLVED] Empty Re: There was error during start up. Please see Log for details. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 30 Apr 2013, 16:39

Cheetar wrote:There was error during start up. Please see Log for details. That was the message i got when i try to start up the Sims launcher. I've searched the web on how to fix it. Also, when i double click the TS3W it suppose to open...but it doesnt...in a sense that it doesnt even respond.It used to with a service initializing error of some sort. So i searched the net,and they asked me to open as administrator but it did nothing. Then another suggested i should delete my DCache and DBackup folders from the C:/ files...so i did...but it didnt help either. Then there was a video on going to regedit and seeing if there is some uninstalled programs still installed...I checked,and whatever that suppose to be there is there and whatever is not is not. Then i heard that i should go to add or remove programs then i went there and its all there...So i dont see the problem...And it still dont work...before this whole mess,I couldn't open up sims 3,the double-clicking error,so i deleted the torrent and redownload and install the whole thing ,plus add new expansions,did the fix...before redownloading i could still open the launcher but after redownloading i couldnt...I think also if i didnt add the crack into the bin i can open the launcher but can't play but if i add the crack then i cant even open the launcher...Thanks for reading There was error during start up. Please see Log for details. [SOLVED] 2830496658 Very Happy

Hello there,

Have a look at my post
here and see if anything from this helps you.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

There was error during start up. Please see Log for details. [SOLVED] Empty Re: There was error during start up. Please see Log for details. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 01 May 2013, 04:15

HOw do you use CCleaner?i dont think reinstalling will work cause i tried that..How do you defragment the hard disk?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 May 2013, 10:53

You can download CCleaner from here, then launch it. Use the first two tabs on the left to clean your computer. Close every other program then run an analysis, then choose to clean. Then do the same for registry.
Defragmenting the hard disk: go to My Computer then right click on C:, and choose Properties. Then in the Tools tab, choose Defragment. Do it after CCleaner for best results!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 09:56

okay,I've done everything suggested...no change...same problem

//EDIT

when i double click it has the Unable to start game
Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 02 May 2013, 10:00

Hello,

Did you restart your pc after you uninstalled? If you didn't, that's the problem. You'll have to do it again I'm afraid.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 09:06

For just the base game,or all the expansions one by one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 10:22

Uninstall everything, then restart. Then re install everything....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 14:51

I cant seem to uninstall the base game...i can only reinstall

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 15:08

Uninstall all expansions then, then restart your computer, then uninstall base game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 May 2013, 09:18

So...I uninstalled all the expansions...restarted...reinstalled the update,because when i try reinstalling the game they say my game has been updated and to use that game i would have to unistall the update which i tried but couldn't. So after that,i went to open TS3 and as usual...it couldn't open...then i went to the launcher...and they gave me the same reply...So should i bother reinstallling the expansions then using the fix?

Apparently...my next post is gone...anyways...I've been trying to reinstall the generations expansions and they say that the version of the sims is more recent then this product. Then when its almost fully installed they ask me to insert disk 1 that contains the file Gamdata/content_version.txt ...I dont know what and where there is...so...I click the disk of the sims base game...which didn't really help...they keep saying there is a CRC error...i dont remember having to insert a disk the last time i installed the expansion and i dont know why they are asking for it now...Then i keep pressing ignore till they ask me to insert disk 1 that contains the filegame/bin/Sims3Ep04.dll which i assume was the one i unrar...but they say they cannot find... FUU! Its like the more i try to fix it...the worse it becomes....I seriously seriously seriously don't know what to do now...

Last edited by Cheetar on Sat 04 May 2013, 09:50; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sat 04 May 2013, 09:43

Hello,

Sorry to hear you have lots of problems with it. But seems like you're missing a step, did you use Shamrock's suggestions, one by one? Because it looks like your game is corrupted with wrong cracking process. If you do a clean install, I a sure your problem can be solved. I suggest you to start over, and step by step follow the tips that Shamrock give to you. I hope it helps.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 May 2013, 09:52

I can't seem to uninstall the game now...I can only reinstall the update...because my game has a lower version and they ask me to uninstall the update in order to install that version of the game...So i open the update only to find that i seem to be only able to reinstall the game....as for cleaning the registry and defragmenting the hard drive...ive already tried that...

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sat 04 May 2013, 09:56

Cheetar wrote:

Apparently...my next post is gone...anyways...I've been trying to reinstall the generations expansions and they say that the version of the sims is more recent then this product. Then when its almost fully installed they ask me to insert disk 1 that contains the file Gamdata/content_version.txt ...I dont know what and where there is...so...I click the disk of the sims base game...which didn't really help...they keep saying there is a CRC error...i dont remember having to insert a disk the last time i installed the expansion and i dont know why they are asking for it now...Then i keep pressing ignore till they ask me to insert disk 1 that contains the filegame/bin/Sims3Ep04.dll which i assume was the one i unrar...but they say they cannot find... FUU! Its like the more i try to fix it...the worse it becomes....I seriously seriously seriously don't know what to do now...

Hello,

Your next post wasn't gone until you delete it, I only merged two posts together, as you should do.

I think, your came is corrupted right now, that's why we all trying to say to you uninstall EVERYTHING, restart your game. Then only install base game (and because we are about those works, use G4TW downloads). After installing successfully, process the Ultimate Fix. I think you just switched the order of doing things, and pushing the buttons you shouldn't Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 May 2013, 11:52

Ok, maybe what you can try is re install the base game like it suggests.
Then open the launcher, update anything required.
Then apply patch and ultimate fix for this game only.
Then start the game, and see if it's working.
Then, ONLY IF it is working, install EPs ONE BY ONE and let the geme update each time.
Please update us on the results...

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 04 May 2013, 11:59

Hello,

Try YouruninstallerPro (available here) to uninstall your base game. Use the "Super Mode". If that doesn't work, you can always uninstall manually.
Whatever you do, don't forget to restart your pc after uninstalling.
Use this installation guide.
And don't worry, we can fix this Very Happy
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 06:00

I cant find the youruninstallerpro on the page you suggested...what kind of download is in under? I tried to manual uninstall and i cant find the tools section in Programme Files,also i couldnt find the windows part of the keybaord...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 09:08

Ok to get the tools section to show, press "ALT" to get it to show.

There was error during start up. Please see Log for details. [SOLVED] Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4X-XjOxIW69BWm0ZfcTASPQejBQBqLH8zZSkggvSnJe_THISt

Your windows button is the key to the left of the "ALT" Key and is the key below to avoid any confusion

There was error during start up. Please see Log for details. [SOLVED] Windows-key-featured-500x375

Hope this helped and you are able to do the manual uninstall now.

As for the unistasller pro programe, I couldn't find it there either. however hopefully you are able to do the manual uninstall now though.

Any further help we can offer just ask.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 05 May 2013, 10:56

Hello,

Guys, it's called: "Your Uninstaller! Pro" and can be downloaded here: http://goo.gl/Avy7R

Lady ElDi is just being lazy here. Twisted Evil
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 05:58

Beside the alt key is the key called Fn...i think i can't use the uninstaller now cause ive started the manual download yesterday...Do i have to back up the files?Or do i delete that too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 10:05

I have Alt and Fn keys which are different...

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 06 May 2013, 15:10

Shamrock wrote:I have Alt and Fn keys which are different...

Cheetar was saying that fn is next to alt, not the windows key.

Cheetar wrote:Beside the alt key is the key called Fn...i think i can't use the uninstaller now cause ive started the manual download yesterday...Do i have to back up the files?Or do i delete that too?

Which files are you talking about? If it's like your saves and such, yes, go ahead and back them up. Otherwise no, you want it all off your computer. Also, if you still have the game on your computer, I would highly recommend using the uninstaller to get it off.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 15:14

invalidusername wrote:

Embarassed sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 06 May 2013, 15:43

Shamrock wrote:
invalidusername wrote:

Embarassed sorry

It's fine Razz Took me a couple times of reading it to actually notice it. I didn't mean to sound rude or anything. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 15:45

Yeah sure no sweat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top