Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

University Life install Step-by-step (just this expansion pack). [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

University Life install Step-by-step (just this expansion pack). [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty University Life install Step-by-step (just this expansion pack). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 04 May 2013, 15:06

First topic message reminder :

Hi

I haven't done much in the way of downloading/installing Sims related content for a while, by recently I have rekindled my love for the game and decided to install University Life to my existing Sims 3 game (with expansion packs/Stuff packs)

My question is:
Ont he homepage of this website, there is a link to a guide that shows you how to install the game and any expansions from scratch. However, I do not want to install from scratch but want to add University Life to what I currently have.

Could I please have a Step-by-step guide or a link to an existing Step-by-step guide of how to install University Life onto my computer without having to uninstall/reinstall anything.

Thanks a million.

ABlueChimpanzee

Back to top Go down

University Life install Step-by-step (just this expansion pack). [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: University Life install Step-by-step (just this expansion pack). [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sat 04 May 2013, 21:06

ABlueChimpanzee wrote:I have installed the game and applied the patch

Which folders in the Ultimate Fix do I use?

I have a choice of:

#Crack
Ambitions
Base Game
Fast Lane Stuff
High End Loft Stuff
Late Stuff
Outdoor Living Stuff
University Life & 70s & 80s & 90s Stuff & (You get it)
World Adventures
Hello,

Lol, that's literally what I wrote in my previous comment:
Admin wrote:Hello,

Not everything from the Fix though, just do step 2 to 4: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly (So ONLY use the "# Crack" folder from the Fix, as described on that page)

Anyhow...

ABlueChimpanzee wrote:IT may or may not have worked

My steps:

Download torrent
Install game
Copy Crack folder into correct directory
Download Manual Patch
Update game using Manual Patch
Download ultimate fix
Copy #Crack contents into correct directory

Started the game

Just saw loading screen with black background and loasing symbol

Please help
Do you have any Mods or Custom Content at the moment?

Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

University Life install Step-by-step (just this expansion pack). [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: University Life install Step-by-step (just this expansion pack). [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 05 May 2013, 10:45

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 May 2013, 11:10

Beyond what Admin wrote, I suppose you're computer is capable enough to handle the game ? See also this article here for further information.
And is your graphics driver up-to-date ?

What you could try too: go to Documents/Electronic Arts and find a folder called "The Sims 3". Rename that folder, maybe into something like this: "The Sims 3old".
Try starting the game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 14:25

Thanks

I looked at the specifications needed to install the game and my computer is capable

I looked at the solutions but nothing seemed to work.

So I just restarted my computer and just like that, it worked!
Thanks so much guys!

ABlueChimpanzee

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sun 05 May 2013, 16:17

Hello,

We're happy to help. Please feel free to contact us if you need anything again Smile

Happy simming!

Topic is closed.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top