Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible SimBot glitch, or: another reason not to mess with CAS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible SimBot glitch, or: another reason not to mess with CAS Empty Possible SimBot glitch, or: another reason not to mess with CAS

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 29 May 2013, 00:56

Here's something I realised some time ago already; but just now I repeated that "experiment" again - with the same result.

So I decided to turn one of my female sims (a young adult) into a SimBot. I took a bottle of this SimBot converter-potion - and she became a SimBot. So far so good, but I didn't like the colour. So I clicked on her, opened up the NRAAS Master Controller menu and selected "edit in CAS". OK, I changed the colour then. After playing for a while, though, I wanted to turn her back with the "Potent cure potion" - and then it happened:

The SimBot was "turned back", and the female sim had some "similarity" with the one before turning into the SimBot. But she was much older, in fact she became an elderly sim
Shocked Laughing. At the same time, a window popped up from ErrorTrap, showing: "ScriptError.(Name of my sim)". By the way, I had EA story progression turned off all the time, in case you think that was "natural aging".

Is anyone willing to repeat this experiment, to confirm the result or report otherwise? But please, DO NOT SAVE at the end, unless you really want to
Wink.

To go further, I bet that other supernatural "life-states" have similar bugs; I once changed the wings and the wing-colour of my fairy (again with Master Controller), but they didn't show up after exiting CAS. After resetting her with Master Controller though, the new wings were visible.

Looks like another bug to add to the almost endless list.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Possible SimBot glitch, or: another reason not to mess with CAS Empty Re: Possible SimBot glitch, or: another reason not to mess with CAS

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2013, 02:48

Sure I will test it, will report back soon

//EDIT

Mine glitched as soon as I went to CAS to change colour so I would assume your not meant to change the simbot I'm guessing

Back to top Go down

Possible SimBot glitch, or: another reason not to mess with CAS Empty Re: Possible SimBot glitch, or: another reason not to mess with CAS

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2013, 15:54

Fields wrote:Mine glitched as soon as I went to CAS to change colour so I would assume your not meant to change the simbot I'm guessing

No you can change it, the SimBot's "skin" is actually an outfit. I've done it several times.

That's for normal / non-tempered SimBots anyway, I'll try this as well shortly.

EDIT: Alright, I tried it three times and here are the results:

The first time, I tried it the same way you did. My sim didn't turn black, but it didn't change appearance ether (although he was no longer recognized as SimBot, he just looked like one).

The second time I tried curing SimBot with the Master Controller, same result.

Third time, I sort of combined the first two. After turning my sim into a SimBot and editing in CAS I cured him with the Master Controller (same result as before) and then making him a SimBot again (also with the Master Controller) and he became a SimBot with default SimBot appearence. And get this, when I tried curing SimBot again with the potion, he revered to human but with my custom SimBot appearance (the one I selected when I edited him in CAS).

This is Possible SimBot glitch, or: another reason not to mess with CAS 4049071320. Definitely a good idea to avoid tempering with SimBots.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Jun 2013, 21:42

Interesting results...

OK guys, thanks for testing that!

//EDIT

OK, this here is for illustration & entertainment purposes..

1) A sim (young adult)

Possible SimBot glitch, or: another reason not to mess with CAS Screen11

2) ..turns into a SimBot, using the "SimBot converter-potion"

Possible SimBot glitch, or: another reason not to mess with CAS Screen12

3) "Edit in CAS" option of NRAAS Master Controller mod, opening up CAS

Possible SimBot glitch, or: another reason not to mess with CAS Screen13

4) Let's give the Simbot a red "coating"..

Possible SimBot glitch, or: another reason not to mess with CAS Screen14

5) The red SimBot in-game..

Possible SimBot glitch, or: another reason not to mess with CAS Screen15

6) Using the "Potent cure elixir", this is what happens..

Possible SimBot glitch, or: another reason not to mess with CAS Screen16

Shocked Shocked Shocked Question
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top