Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing the patch. [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing the patch. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Installing the patch. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 18:28

First topic message reminder :

Just want to start with saying thank you for all your hard work so far providing all these games for the rest of us. Thank you!

So here's the problem.
I have all the expansions and extras installed except for UL, so I downloaded it and installed it according to the instructions.

I downloaded the latest ultimate fix (for 1.55) and when it was when I reached the part where it's time to update the game to 1.55 that it started giving me trouble.

I first tried updating it through the game client which gave me the "invalid file error". So i downloaded the manual patch and when I try to start it up it displays an error message "The installed version of the application could not be determined. The setup will now terminate."

And i basically have no idea what's going on. Razz

I was kinda hoping the update and fix with solve another problem I'm having. When i try to start the game I get an error saying "No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 Showtime game disc before proceeding"

Soooo, what do you think i should do to solve all this? Because I'm a bit lost!

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Installing the patch. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Installing the patch. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 23 Jun 2013, 01:07

Keelii wrote:Nope still the same, so i guess there's not much to do but reinstall everything?

I suggest you wait for a while, until you really un-install all that. I will think about your problem Wink, but right now, it's getting a bit late (where I am at least).

I will come back to you though later in the day or tomorrow; or maybe another Helper will have a look at this.

Until then, I'm afraid you have to be a bit patient. Wat.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 01:48; edited 1 time in total

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Back to top Go down

Installing the patch. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Installing the patch. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 01:11

No problem, take your time :)I'm already very grateful for all the help I have gotten so far!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 11:56

I'll try it out.
If it doesn't work i'll come back.

AND F*CKING YELL. Just kidding. What a Face

//EDIT

I think i found a solution.

You know the sims 3 fix thing you download from here.

Take the exe file from the base game folder and put it in: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (something like that. Where you installed sims 3. This is the folder by default)

Helper edit: please do not double-post; use the "edit" button if you want to add something.

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 12:19

I already suggested this (see page 1), but it apparently didn't work...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 24 Jun 2013, 16:19

Keelii wrote:No problem, take your time :)I'm already very grateful for all the help I have gotten so far!

OK, then. Sorry for the delay Keelii, but I also have some slight troubles in real-life; still I have not forgotten you. Smile

A few things that come to my mind:

-Have you downloaded manual patches in the past ? If yes, did you ever have similar problems ?

-Have you tried downloading that patch with another internet browser ? Did you pause the download at some point ? (basically you should NOT pause downloads).

-It might be possible that your whole game is somehow screwed up, which means we could also try a clean un-install. But I would like to avoid that for now, so please try downloading with another internet browser.

Good luck ! But I'm afraid that I have said - almost - everything about this problem Crying or Very sad.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 17:31

This is the first time my game wont update through the game client so yes it's my first time with the manual patch

I'll try downloading the patch through a different browser and see if I get a different result, but no when I am downloading I don't pause it.

So I'll give this a try! Smile

//EDIT

It's working!! Installing the patch. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

I downloaded the patch with chrome but it was still giving me problems so I ran it as an administrator and then it worked!

Thank you so much for all your help!! Installing the patch. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 23:57

Glad to hear it. Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 02:17

Nope that would be all :)huge thanks to you all!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:01

Problem solved, topic locked!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top