Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roommates problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roommates problem Empty Roommates problem

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 23:08

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I used the search and could not find anything related.

I have a problem in the game with roommates, they just keep coming and I need to keep dismissing them.
I read online that there's a way to have this option enabled, "roommates services" and the option to enable or disable it
is supposed to be in the real estate section in the smart phone or on the computer.
Also sometimes it's not only roommates coming, they sometimes actually become part of the household (I gain control over them)
and then I need to use the move to kick them out.
Anyway I can't see that option for some reason, checked everywhere and couldn't find it.

Please help and thanks in advance!

Help

Back to top Go down

Roommates problem Empty Re: Roommates problem

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 24 Jun 2013, 02:08

Sharn wrote:Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I used the search and could not find anything related.

I have a problem in the game with roommates, they just keep coming and I need to keep dismissing them.
I read online that there's a way to have this option enabled, "roommates services" and the option to enable or disable it
is supposed to be in the real estate section in the smart phone or on the computer.
Also sometimes it's not only roommates coming, they sometimes actually become part of the household (I gain control over them)
and then I need to use the move to kick them out.
Anyway I can't see that option for some reason, checked everywhere and couldn't find it.

Please help and thanks in advance!

Help

Hello,

I'm afraid I can only offer an "indirect" hint to this problem: can you "lock out" roommates ? If you click on the doors, you should normally get an option to choose who can enter the door and who can't.

Probably the most simple solution to this is NOT to stay in a dorm at the university town, but rather in a house, in which only your sim(s) live. The disadvantage is that living in such a house costs a little bit, but then: if your sim has financial trouble, you can hit Ctrl+Shift+C to open the cheat console. Type testingcheatsenabled true. Now type familyfunds (your sims's second name) (amount). Or you can just type in motherlode, and hit enter, which will add 50,000 simoleons to your sim's account (you may want to repeat that several times).

To give a personal opinion: instead of messing around with options or mods to change the roommates' behaviour, I would stick to living in a separate house, even if it costs a few simoleons.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 11:37

Thanks for the solutions but I found the reason why I couldn't disable them, just had to change the lot type and then I could disable it through the phone, but thanks anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top