Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

University Roommates?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

University Roommates?! Empty University Roommates?!

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 00:52

So I made 4 sims and decided to do a legacy/maybe Let's play/generation type gameplay cause I haven't in AGES and wanted them to start with college and all. Put them in a co-ed dorm redecorated a bit, gave them and all their four NPC roommates designated rooms/beds all that.

However it's only day two of playing and their four NPC roommates aren't taking care of themselves (they keep going into the dorm and being stuck downstairs or in the bathrooms, complaining about hunger or bathroom or sleep. Even if I move them with moveobjects on into rooms where their beds are they won't go sleep. And rarely eat. Had one of the vampires almost die of hunger because she wasn't eating and I reset her to save her. I feel like the only way to keep them from dying is to constantly make happy with testingcheats/mastercontroller or to eventually make them part of the active sims and take care of them (but I REALLY don't want to do the latter because that's a huge hassle to take care of EIGHT sims all at university D:)

Does anyone know what's going on? I have all the EPs and SPs of Sims 3 from G4TW except roaring heights, I have G4TW sims ultimate patch fix thing I have some store content from a free store content tumblr, have a little CC clothes pictures/decor/clutter and hair, and then I have some NRASS mods. I've been taking out mods one by one to see if helps and now the only thing I have on is Master Controller and I NEED it on because even when I took THAT out they were still dying (and I need to use that and testingcheats to keep them alive). It's sort of sucking away some of my fun with the playthrough because I'm constantly worried about their roommates dying off (which would be annoying because one of them is friends with my sims and one I wanted one of mine to date/eventually marry, and I assume if they DO die they'd just be replaced by the game with more roommates who keep going through this cycle!)

If anyone could please help me fix this I'd really appreciate it. I just want to be able to play University without worrying about my roommates expiring every 20 minutes.

BTW I DO have free will on (on highest setting) EA story progression on (took out NRASS story progression in case that was a cause) and it's ONLY my roommates, all other sims in town/world/university/etc are fine and take care of themselves...

Back to top Go down

University Roommates?! Empty Re: University Roommates?!

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 05:41

Hi there! Smile

When you said you had some Nraas Mods, which mods were those specifically? Did you have Overwatch and ErrorTrap installed, too?

If not, you should try putting them in your game to see if they catch any errors in the script of the Sims.

Another thing you could also try is deleting the cache files from inside the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder. These are as follows:

compositorCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
CASPartCache,package

After that, test the game again, with no mods (except ErrorTrap, Overwatch and maybe MasterController). Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 11:34

Where do I find the caches again? I looked in DCBackup (in documents/sims3/ etc.) and DCCache (same documents folders area nor programs) and they're all a bunch of letters and numbers in DCBackup and in DCCache it's got two files dcdb0.dbc and missingdeps.idx

I do have CC installed through CCMagic so IDK if that changed it. I tried clearing ccache with the button in CCMagic but I want to make sure because I couldn't find where the caches were myself??? 

Sorry it's been AGES since installing and updating and stuff like that so haven't had to do this manually in awhile University Roommates?! Icon_sad

(I just reinstalled the manual patch and the ultimate fix to make sure everything was okay, took out all CC and ccmagic etc while I did it, backed up saves, now I'm putting everything back in but I wanted to clear the caches as well too like you said, thus why I'm asking this now >_< !)

//EDIT

Also I had overwatch and errortrap installed but they weren't picking anything up except a few errortraps from the baker's oven which I deleted to make sure that wasn't the cause. (as well as NRAAS story prog and a few others but again took them all out while I was testing things to find what was wrong).

ETA: JUST REALIZED I DOUBLE POSTED. Sorry ugh >_<

ALSO ccmagic finished merging things after clearing the cache, so I went to test out the game

BUT now everything is missing?! I don't have any worlds (base game or otherwise) no saves, and I don't even have options to go to options or quit or anything

Game screen looks like this after loading
University Roommates?! Wth12

Pleeeeaaase help I do'nt know what i've done!
When I was installing the fix and patch thing from G4TW and all, I removed and backed up all ccmagic, all saves, all saved sims, all saved library/world/lot crap, world cache, all mods stuff then put them back in afterwards, cleared cache with ccmagic and then rebuilt on ccmagic so I could get into game and see what was wrong. IDK what to do ;__;

EETA!: I saw a post on modthesims I think and one on here that someone had the menu/options blank thing my picture is showing, they uninstalled ONLY the base game, not the EPs that they had from G4TW and then reinstalled the basegame (and patch and fix) and it solved the blank issue so I'm going to try that THEN I'll try and test the roommates/solve the roommate issue after! Wish me luck ! >__<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 15:49

onecutekat wrote:Where do I find the caches again? I looked in DCBackup (in documents/sims3/ etc.) and DCCache (same documents folders area nor programs) and they're all a bunch of letters and numbers in DCBackup and in DCCache it's got two files dcdb0.dbc and missingdeps.idx

I do have CC installed through CCMagic so IDK if that changed it. I tried clearing ccache with the button in CCMagic but I want to make sure because I couldn't find where the caches were myself??? 

[...]

Hi again!

The cache files I mentioned aren't inside a folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. You should find them looking in that folder, no need to enter another folder to find them. But clearing the cache with CCMagic does clear these caches, so no worries. You may want to delete them manually, to be sure, though. But I don't think it makes a difference.

onecutekat wrote:Also I had overwatch and errortrap installed but they weren't picking anything up except a few errortraps from the baker's oven which I deleted to make sure that wasn't the cause. (as well as NRAAS story prog and a few others but again took them all out while I was testing things to find what was wrong).

After taking out all of those mods, you should delete the cache files again. Specifically the scriptCache.package one. Remember that it's inside Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, no need to go into any additional folders (don't look inside DCCache or DCBackup for this one).

onecutekat wrote:ETA: JUST REALIZED I DOUBLE POSTED. Sorry ugh >_<

ALSO ccmagic finished merging things after clearing the cache, so I went to test out the game

BUT now everything is missing?! I don't have any worlds (base game or otherwise) no saves, and I don't even have options to go to options or quit or anything

Game screen looks like this after loading
University Roommates?! Wth12

Pleeeeaaase help I do'nt know what i've done!
When I was installing the fix and patch thing from G4TW and all, I removed and backed up all ccmagic, all saves, all saved sims, all saved library/world/lot crap, world cache, all mods stuff then put them back in afterwards, cleared cache with ccmagic and then rebuilt on ccmagic so I could get into game and see what was wrong. IDK what to do ;__;

EETA!: I saw a post on modthesims I think and one on here that someone had the menu/options blank thing my picture is showing, they uninstalled ONLY the base game, not the EPs that they had from G4TW and then reinstalled the basegame (and patch and fix) and it solved the blank issue so I'm going to try that THEN I'll try and test the roommates/solve the roommate issue after! Wish me luck ! >__<

Another possible cause of the blank menu is that you installed an outdated crack, or applied it incorrectly. Did you make sure to re-download the Ultimate Fix, and that you only used the #Crack folder inside of it? Both the .dll and .exe from the #Crack folder should go to Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, or if your base game is from Origin they go to Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Please, re-download the Ultimate Fix and then apply it again to see if it helps with your issue. Please, keep us updated. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 20 Sep 2014, 17:59

onecutekat wrote:So I made 4 sims and decided to do a legacy/maybe Let's play/generation type gameplay cause I haven't in AGES and wanted them to start with college and all. Put them in a co-ed dorm redecorated a bit, gave them and all their four NPC roommates designated rooms/beds all that.

However it's only day two of playing and their four NPC roommates aren't taking care of themselves (they keep going into the dorm and being stuck downstairs or in the bathrooms, complaining about hunger or bathroom or sleep. Even if I move them with moveobjects on into rooms where their beds are they won't go sleep. And rarely eat. Had one of the vampires almost die of hunger because she wasn't eating and I reset her to save her. I feel like the only way to keep them from dying is to constantly make happy with testingcheats/mastercontroller or to eventually make them part of the active sims and take care of them (but I REALLY don't want to do the latter because that's a huge hassle to take care of EIGHT sims all at university D:)

Does anyone know what's going on? I have all the EPs and SPs of Sims 3 from G4TW except roaring heights, I have G4TW sims ultimate patch fix thing I have some store content from a free store content tumblr, have a little CC clothes pictures/decor/clutter and hair, and then I have some NRASS mods. I've been taking out mods one by one to see if helps and now the only thing I have on is Master Controller and I NEED it on because even when I took THAT out they were still dying (and I need to use that and testingcheats to keep them alive). It's sort of sucking away some of my fun with the playthrough because I'm constantly worried about their roommates dying off (which would be annoying because one of them is friends with my sims and one I wanted one of mine to date/eventually marry, and I assume if they DO die they'd just be replaced by the game with more roommates who keep going through this cycle!)

If anyone could please help me fix this I'd really appreciate it. I just want to be able to play University without worrying about my roommates expiring every 20 minutes.

BTW I DO have free will on (on highest setting) EA story progression on (took out NRASS story progression in case that was a cause) and it's ONLY my roommates, all other sims in town/world/university/etc are fine and take care of themselves...

Hello onecutekat,

What exactly did you "merge" in CCMagic ? And indeed, as SeoY said, please repeat the steps from #2 to #4 again, here, in order to correct the issue with the blank menus:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

About the behavior of the NPC roommates...it's not about any cache files, or anything else going wrong with the install. Wink  This is a very well-known "peculiarity" of NPC sims in the dorm. There are supposed to be a few mods that can help with the issue, but I can't tell you which exactly (a former team member, who hasn't been here for a long time, mentioned it once, but I can't remember anymore...).

The easiest solution to this "problem" is that you don't live in a dorm with your sim(s) at the university town. Rent your sims a house, in which only your sims live. It's slightly more expensive than living in the dorm, but I find it's worth it ! Very Happy

Good luck.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top