Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACCESS VIOLATION, Game won't launch on new computer (Steam or Retail) - now with DUMPLOG

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ACCESS VIOLATION, Game won't launch on new computer (Steam or Retail) - now with DUMPLOG Empty ACCESS VIOLATION, Game won't launch on new computer (Steam or Retail) - now with DUMPLOG

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 08:16

I have tried running Sims 3 (basegame as well as with all current expansions) on Steam.  Have also attempted to run it using the retail base-game plus Generations expansion.  When clicking play on the launcher, nothing happens.

Tried using the TS3.exe, TS3W.exe, and TS3EPXX.exe, still nothing.  The TS3W.exe shows up briefly in task manager and quickly disappears after a short time.  

Have tried uninstalling.  Reinstalling. Restarting.  Tried cracked versions (note I do own the game and all expansions, I just wanted to see if maybe a cracked copy might work.), tried the paid copies on Steam and on CDROM, same result no matter what I have tried.  Seriously, do I need to fix something on my computer?  This isn't an issue on any of my other PCs.

Any help would be appreciated!  I have tried everything I can think of so far.

Last edited by cmiles8 on Mon 24 Jun 2013, 18:32; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

ACCESS VIOLATION, Game won't launch on new computer (Steam or Retail) - now with DUMPLOG Empty Re: ACCESS VIOLATION, Game won't launch on new computer (Steam or Retail) - now with DUMPLOG

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 11:01

Steam games and disc ones are not compatible. You cannot have both at the same time...

Back to top Go down

ACCESS VIOLATION, Game won't launch on new computer (Steam or Retail) - now with DUMPLOG Empty Re: ACCESS VIOLATION, Game won't launch on new computer (Steam or Retail) - now with DUMPLOG

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 16:23

Y.es I know that.  I tried both versions.  Neither worked.  I have Steam.  It didnt work.  So I tried using my non-steam copy.  Still nothing.  I know Steam and non-Steam games are incompatible.  That's not my issue.  The fact that not a single version of Sims 3 wiill run on a particular computer is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 16:43

You need to uninstall all Steam games, then restart.
Then re install disc games...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 17:06

That's what I did.

//EDIT

I found the dump file, maybe this will help.

Steam version:
Spoiler:

And for the retail version:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 18:57

I tried running dxDiag but it crashed.  When I reopen it, the only way to get it to work is by telling it to skip Direct3D when it pops up saying "they may have been a problem with Direct3d..."

Anyway, here's the dxdiag log:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 03:15

I'm still having this issue, any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top