Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sims 3 supernatural download with retail sims 3 through steam

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sims 3 supernatural download with retail sims 3 through steam Empty sims 3 supernatural download with retail sims 3 through steam

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 09:50

I bought sims 3 through steam and downloaded the sims 3 supernatural expansion pack. Will it even work like this? I followed all the steps in the installation guide and didn't work. Also tried the ultimate fix, didn't work. I can't find any "update tab" to refresh either. Now when I try to start the game I get a message saying the installation is incomplete and the sims 3 cannot run. Please reinstall and try again.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong and if it will even work through steam? What should I do from this point to start over? I would like to eventually download all the expansion packs if they will work. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

sims 3 supernatural download with retail sims 3 through steam Empty Re: sims 3 supernatural download with retail sims 3 through steam

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 30 Dec 2012, 10:45

Hello,

It won't work with a Steam base game, so you will have to either redeem your serial key in Origin, or simply uninstall it and download our base game as well.
Steam works very differently than Origin, disk or torrent games.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

sims 3 supernatural download with retail sims 3 through steam Empty Re: sims 3 supernatural download with retail sims 3 through steam

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2012, 19:57

OK I downloaded the base game torrent. Downloading the rest of the expansion packs now, will take awhile. Then going to download the 2 fixes. Will let you know if I have any problems. Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 01 Jan 2013, 12:31

Hello,

You're welcome. Let us know if you need any help.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)