Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 has stopped working windows 8.1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 has stopped working windows 8.1 Empty Sims 3 has stopped working windows 8.1

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jul 2014, 21:58

Hi Smile,

I have a problem opening Sims 3. I do not get any errors during install, the game installed and updated correctly but when I try to open it crashes with message "Sims 3 has stopped working".

I have Windows 8.1 x64 ,  10 gb RAM

I tried doing the steps  with 4GB patch, DEP, Vertical sync turned off, deleted sims 3 folder from Documents.

I have no ideea what I could check now... I could use some help. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 has stopped working windows 8.1 Empty Re: Sims 3 has stopped working windows 8.1

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 12:37

If you have any core mods, try deleting them and see if it runs fine. When I get this crash it's usually incompatible core or non-core mod, or broken package. I recommend Delphy's Sims3Dashboard for checking bad packages.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 has stopped working windows 8.1 Empty Re: Sims 3 has stopped working windows 8.1

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jul 2014, 17:10

Thanks for the fast reply.

I checked this and I got 16   corrupted ones. Should I try to fix them with the program ? It says it's not reversible...  With the conflict ones should I try fixing them also ?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Jul 2014, 20:14

bodigy wrote:Hi Smile,

I have a problem opening Sims 3. I do not get any errors during install, the game installed and updated correctly but when I try to open it crashes with message "Sims 3 has stopped working".

I have Windows 8.1 x64 ,  10 gb RAM

I tried doing the steps  with 4GB patch, DEP, Vertical sync turned off, deleted sims 3 folder from Documents.

I have no ideea what I could check now... I could use some help. Thanks

Hello,

Do you mean you followed the crashing-troubleshoot guide correctly ? If in doubt, have another look at the second post in the following topic (from me):

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17208-sims-3-has-stopped-working

//EDIT

About your "corrupt" CC, what exactly are these items ? Buy-mode items ? CAS items ? Mods ? If they happen to be mods, then you have to be careful, indeed, when removing them. Some mods require that you "de-activate" them, in-game, before removing them from the Mods/Packages folder. Other mods may require other in-game actions.

If you need to know what to do, please re-check the source of where you got the mod(s) from. Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 22:18

Hi, thanks for replying

I've redone all the steps... nothing new, still crashing. 

This time I have fewer corrupted as before. These are:

DeltaBuild0. package
DeltaBuildp_06. package
DeltaBuildp_02. package

Duplicates:

simcore.package from World Adventures
simcore.package from base game

In rest no conflicts, no sims 2 files. What could I try next ?

I also didn't install any store package or copied Mods folder...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 26 Jul 2014, 03:30

bodigy wrote:Hi, thanks for replying

I've redone all the steps... nothing new, still crashing. 

This time I have fewer corrupted as before. These are:

DeltaBuild0. package
DeltaBuildp_06. package
DeltaBuildp_02. package

Duplicates:

simcore.package from World Adventures
simcore.package from base game

In rest no conflicts, no sims 2 files. What could I try next ?

I also didn't install any store package or copied Mods folder...

Sorry for the late reply, but what you are saying here, suggests that something is wrong with your game installation. Where did you get the games from ? And if you have physical discs, are there any scrathces on them ?

You might try un-installing everything, and then re-booting the computer. After that, re-install the games. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top