Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Crashing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Crashing Empty Sims 3 Crashing

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 02:01

I installed the the Sims 3 base game and the World Adventures expansion following all the instructions and I'm getting the Sims 3 Stopped Working error. I've gone to the page that lists all the possible fixes and NONE of them work. Anyone got any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Crashing Empty Re: Sims 3 Crashing

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 22:42

What are your computer qualities?

What the error says?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 04:46

The computer is my gf's so I don't know all the specs off-hand. It's Win7, 4GB RAM with an AMD graphics card (don't know the specific). 

And the Error is the "Sims 3 has stopped working" error where it tells me that Windows will try looking for a solution

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 01 Jul 2013, 04:49

Regnenth wrote:The computer is my gf's so I don't know all the specs off-hand. It's Win7, 4GB RAM with an AMD graphics card (don't know the specific). 

And the Error is the "Sims 3 has stopped working" error where it tells me that Windows will try looking for a solution

Hello,

Have you tried this?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 15:14

Yes cathouse, I said in my original post I'd been there and tried those

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 01 Jul 2013, 15:16

Regnenth wrote:Yes cathouse, I said in my original post I'd been there and tried those

Hello,

If these don't work, try this.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Jul 2013, 17:46

Regnenth wrote:I installed the the Sims 3 base game and the World Adventures expansion following all the instructions and I'm getting the Sims 3 Stopped Working error. I've gone to the page that lists all the possible fixes and NONE of them work. Anyone got any ideas?

Hello,

At first you should download a few other expansions, namely the ones which I mention below, in the "Ultimate fix part" of my post. Wink

Then I suggest you re-apply the "manual patch", available here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch-updated

After that you apply the "Ultimate fix", available here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Keep in mind two things about the Ultimate fix:

1) You need AT LEAST one of the following expansions to get this fix working: 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations. So please download at least one of these expansions.  Wink

2) If you use the "manual patch" for updating your game, then it's enough if you use the two files from the #crack folder in the Ultimate fix. These two files (TS3W.exe + TSLHost.dll) go into the base game location C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Good luck, and let me know the result !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 21:31

Thanks Carlos G, I'll definitely try that and get back to you. Thanks for actually reading what I posted and replying with something useful

//EDIT

Ok after weeks of trying since I originally posted this and even installing every sims 3 expansion avaliable, using the ultimate fix, and all that it STILL doesn't work. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 16 Jul 2013, 18:22

Regnenth wrote:Thanks Carlos G, I'll definitely try that and get back to you. Thanks for actually reading what I posted and replying with something useful

//EDIT

Ok after weeks of trying since I originally posted this and even installing every sims 3 expansion avaliable, using the ultimate fix, and all that it STILL doesn't work. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Sorry to hear that. Crying or Very sad

But have you already tried this here: go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3" (example: "The Sims 3_backup").

Also: go to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and double-click on the TS3W.exe file. See if your game starts then.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 18:55

Just tried them, neither worked. I'm sure there must be SOMETHING I'm doing wrong. This may be asking A LOT, but can anyone put together a step-by-step guide to installing all the expansions. For example, is there a special order I have to put them in or anything like that?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 17 Jul 2013, 04:51

Regnenth wrote:Just tried them, neither worked. I'm sure there must be SOMETHING I'm doing wrong. This may be asking A LOT, but can anyone put together a step-by-step guide to installing all the expansions. For example, is there a special order I have to put them in or anything like that?

Alright, then.

1) Then I guess you have do to a "clean un-install" first: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

2) Re-boot your computer

3) Go to My documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3", for example into something like: "The Sims 3_backup".

4)
Now install the base game

5) Download and apply the manual patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch

6) Now install all the expansions. By the way, there's no special order to install specific expansions. This is a myth among simmers. Wink

7) Re-apply the manual patch, even if it says that your game is "updated already".

8. Apply the two files from the #crack folder in the Ultimate fix (TS3W.exe + TSLHost.dll). Copy and paste them to the base game location C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. If you are prompted, select "replace existing files".

9) And that's it basically. Smile  Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top