Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 + Expansion Packs wont install correctly HELP!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 + Expansion Packs wont install correctly HELP! Empty Sims 3 + Expansion Packs wont install correctly HELP!

Post by Guest Thu 31 Dec 2015, 23:41

I'm really confused at this im not used to downloading from Games4TheWorld im used to Skidrow but since Sims4 came all the links for sims 3 have gone away , I already have some expansion  packs that i bought years ago i have the cd for ''Sims 3 Base game'' , Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack, Sims 3 World Adventures Expansion Pack. so i dont need the cracks for that i wanted to install the following expansion packs : Late Night, University Life,Seasons,Generations,Stuff pack 70's 80's 90's, Into the Future,Island Paradise,Showtime,Supernatural. But i cant even get one expansion pack to work and its a pain cause then when i install one expansion pack it says ''Sims 3 launcher has stopped working'' and this is how it is every single time for me or i get so far and it tells me ''Unable to start error'' I dont know what im doing wrong i cant seem to get it to work at all please help me!

//EDIT

also my game version is 1.69.36.024017

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 + Expansion Packs wont install correctly HELP! Empty Re: Sims 3 + Expansion Packs wont install correctly HELP!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 01 Jan 2016, 02:51

xoxosims3xo wrote:I'm really confused at this im not used to downloading from Games4TheWorld im used to Skidrow but since Sims4 came all the links for sims 3 have gone away , I already have some expansion  packs that i bought years ago i have the cd for ''Sims 3 Base game'' , Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack, Sims 3 World Adventures Expansion Pack. so i dont need the cracks for that i wanted to install the following expansion packs : Late Night, University Life,Seasons,Generations,Stuff pack 70's 80's 90's, Into the Future,Island Paradise,Showtime,Supernatural. But i cant even get one expansion pack to work and its a pain cause then when i install one expansion pack it says ''Sims 3 launcher has stopped working'' and this is how it is every single time for me or i get so far and it tells me ''Unable to start error'' I dont know what im doing wrong i cant seem to get it to work at all please help me!

//EDIT

also my game version is 1.69.36.024017

Hello and welcome to the forum,

The Sims 3 downloads from Games4theworld only support the game version 1.67, and not 1.69. So I don't know if you can use the Origin/CD-version of your base game.

I would suggest to actually uninstall all your Sims 3 games, and when you're finished re-boot the computer. After that, try re-downloading the pirated basegame of The Sims 3 (and any other missing expansions if you like), from this site here:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads

When you have the stuff ready, install the stuff. It should be straightforward. See also the topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Please ONLY update your game with that manual patch that is mentioned there. 

See if you can make sense of that, but it shouldn't be too hard. They key here, again, is to NOT use that Origin version of the TS3 base game anymore. And instead, use only the pirated base game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 + Expansion Packs wont install correctly HELP! Empty Thanks!!!

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jan 2016, 03:15

Thank you! I didn't know ! I got my base game in and the pets and world adventures and the only game that works with origin version games is the late night crack but when I went to put on sims 3 generations that's when everything messed up

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 + Expansion Packs wont install correctly HELP! Empty Re: Sims 3 + Expansion Packs wont install correctly HELP!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 01 Jan 2016, 03:23

xoxosims3xo wrote:Thank you! I didn't know ! I got my base game in and the pets and world adventures and the only game that works with origin version games is the late night crack but when I went to put on sims 3 generations that's when everything messed up  

It was possible to "mix" legit and pirated Sims 3 stuff for quite a while. But as it is now, it seems EA released this ominous 1.69 update, and as a side-effect, it will annoy all those people who have pirated content.

This was the exact reason I never bothered to concern myself with Origin. I already said it in the past to numerous people, and I will still say it now: it is better for people if they only sticked to pirated Sims 3 games.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jan 2016, 03:38

is i okay to use my cd version of pets and world adventures but not the base  games?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 01 Jan 2016, 03:51

xoxosims3xo wrote:is i okay to use my cd version of pets and world adventures but not the base  games?

Do these expansions need Origin ? I'm not really familiar with these CD versions.

If they don't need Origin, then you can mix them with the pirated basegame. And of course, no need to re-download these expansions from G4TW then, either.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jan 2016, 04:36

Carlos wrote:
xoxosims3xo wrote:is i okay to use my cd version of pets and world adventures but not the base  games?

Do these expansions need Origin ? I'm not really familiar with these CD versions.

If they don't need Origin, then you can mix them with the pirated basegame. And of course, no need to re-download these expansions from G4TW then, either.
i need origin to install them but not  to run them all the time

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 01 Jan 2016, 04:52

xoxosims3xo wrote:i need origin to install them but not  to run them all the time

Yes, I'd suggest you use pirated expansions too, instead of experimenting with these Origin-games. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jan 2016, 17:06

i followed the steps but it didnt work my launcher opens but not the game itself

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 07 Jan 2016, 10:14

Hello,

Sorry about our late reply.
Can you be a little more specific? Are there any error messages?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top