Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What expansions and stuff pack are for my computer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What expansions and stuff pack are for my computer? Empty What expansions and stuff pack are for my computer?

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jul 2013, 16:29

Hi,

I checked here http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements but I can't find my graphic card! Mine is NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400. I don't know if this helps but my windows are Windows XP Home edition (5.1, Build 2600)! I'm sure that World Adventures, Late Night, Supernatural and Showtime are okay because I had them before but what about the other expansions and stuff packs?

Back to top Go down

What expansions and stuff pack are for my computer? Empty Re: What expansions and stuff pack are for my computer?

Post by J.T. Fri 26 Jul 2013, 16:40

Hello,

Playing The Sims 3 with other expansion packs won't require harsher system specifications. But bear in mind that you may experience more lags after installing more expansions onto your computer.

Last edited by cat2006house on Fri 26 Jul 2013, 16:51; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

What expansions and stuff pack are for my computer? Empty Re: What expansions and stuff pack are for my computer?

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jul 2013, 16:46

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

Playing other expansion packs won't require harsher recommended spec. But bear in mind that you may experience more lags after installing more expansions onto your computer.

Okay! Thanks. I installed them all (not island paradise though) but I had a black screen when I tried to play and my laptop closed minutes later so I made a topic here and someone told me that my laptop might not be able to handle some of them or the card isn't matching with some of them. So I searched for my graphic card in this page he/she gave me but I couldn't find anything! :/ Do you think that my laptop just can't handle them all together?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 26 Jul 2013, 16:50

Hello,

Laptops are not designed for gaming unfortunately Wat. . But I can assure you that this is not the reason you got a black screen (since I have a laptop too with 10 expansion packs all together and that laptop barely meets the specifications of The Sims 3). Can you tell me detailedly how you installed the expansions?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jul 2013, 16:58

Laptops are not designed for gaming unfortunately Wat. . But I can assure you that this is not the reason you got a black screen (since I have a laptop too with 10 expansion packs all together and that laptop barely meets the specifications of The Sims 3). Can you tell me detailedly how you installed the expansions?

Well, I installed them all in the order they were published without using any cracks as I saw in the topic "How to install the sims 3 correctly" , I was carefull not to update to the newest version of the game without having them all installed and when I was done I used the patch to update to the newest version and then I used the ultimate fix, only the crack folder. (I don't have them installed anymore 'cause I was so sad they weren't working and I couldn't have them there! Lol) That's all I remember doing. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 26 Jul 2013, 17:02

Hello,

Can you tell me the version of the base game of yours (it should be 1.55.4)? And can you please tell me where you applied the contents of #crack folder of the Ultimate Fix to?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jul 2013, 17:07

Can you tell me the version of the base game of yours (it should be 1.55.4)? And can you please tell me where you applied the contents of #crack folder of the Ultimate Fix to?

When I had them I think it was the right one, 1.55, but I'm not sure. I applied them in Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\ Bin

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 26 Jul 2013, 17:12

Hello,

Can you have a Teamviewer meeting about this?
You can download it here: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx?pid=google.tv.s.int&gclid=CJnk34i5zbgCFc9g4godNXUA8Q
PM me with your ID and password in "Remote Control" tab.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jul 2013, 17:17

Can you have a Teamviewer meeting about this?
You can download it here: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx?pid=google.tv.s.int&gclid=CJnk34i5zbgCFc9g4godNXUA8Q
PM me with your ID and password in "Remote Control" tab.

No, sorry I can't!Wat.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 26 Jul 2013, 17:19

Hello,

If you don't want to, that's fine, but your problem may remain unsolved forever Wat.. (I can assure you that I won't use Teamviewer to harm your pc) Go to C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and open up Options.ini. Navigate yourself to "fullscreen" and change the number from 1 to 0. See if this works.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Jul 2013, 02:17

If you don't want to, that's fine, but your problem may remain unsolved forever Wat.. (I can assure you that I won't use Teamviewer to harm your pc) Go to C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and open up Options.ini. Navigate yourself to "fullscreen" and change the number from 1 to 0. See if this works.

I tried it but nothing happened again. Sad  It's still the same black screen though now I can see the games cursor. Anything else I can try? (I'll try everything. Teamviewer will be my last option if anything else doesn't work.) Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Jul 2013, 10:40

If your OS is in English, please use my new tool (see here).
Depending on the error you get, we'll see where the problem is!
Also, take a look at this topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 30 Jul 2013, 03:16

It may actually help in this case to keep the number of expansions as low as possible.

How long are you giving it on this black screen? Sometimes it can take a few minutes for the game to properly load up past the opening black screen, so this may be a non-issue.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top