Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My game suddenly stopped working! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My game suddenly stopped working! [SOLVED] Empty My game suddenly stopped working! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 04 Aug 2013, 16:24

So up until last night I was playing just fine. But now everytime I try to start the game it's not responding. I tried restarting my computer, I scanned my CC for any corrapted files but found nothing alarming and I used the ultimate fix but still nothing. Help please?

Back to top Go down

My game suddenly stopped working! [SOLVED] Empty Re: My game suddenly stopped working! [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 04 Aug 2013, 16:38

emlinhael wrote:So up until last night I was playing just fine. But now everytime I try to start the game it's not responding. I tried restarting my computer, I scanned my CC for any corrapted files but found nothing alarming and I used the ultimate fix but still nothing. Help please?

Hello,

Do you get any kind of error message ? If yes, what exactly does the error message say ?

Also, try to (re-) apply the "manual patch" from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch

After that, re-apply the Ultimate fix. Remember: in that case it's enough when you only use the two files that are in the #crack folder of the Ultimate fix. Copy these two files into C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Of course, you need to "replace the existing files".

What I'm surprised about is that your game seemingly worked last night. Did you add any CC or mods in the meantime ?

You can also go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3", into anything you like. Then try to start the game again.

And: I hope you don't have your games installed on an external hard-drive ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

My game suddenly stopped working! [SOLVED] Empty Re: My game suddenly stopped working! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 04 Aug 2013, 16:52

Hi there, No I don't get an error message. When I try to start the game usualy I get a black screen and the loading cursor and after a couple of minutes it goes to the loading screen. But now it stays at the black screen for way to long and on the operations management it says that it's not responding. 

I did add some new CC but I used Delphy's Dashboard to clean it out, so I don't think that's the problem.

I'll give what you said a try and hopefuly it'll work.. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Aug 2013, 18:08

Did you try to use Game Booster?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 13:23

Yeaahhhhh it works! I used the manual patch and the crack from ultimate fix and now it works just fine! thanks you Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 13:44

Glad it did.
Problem solved, topic locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top