Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just to be clear: Origin base game WILL work with pirated expansions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just to be clear: Origin base game WILL work with pirated expansions? Empty Just to be clear: Origin base game WILL work with pirated expansions?

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 20:00

I am currently updating The Sims 3 through Origin. I've owned it since 2010 but lost interest due to the lack of expansions... and now there are so many and I have some free time. Unfortunately, I cannot AFFORD dropping $30-$40 per expansion and wanted to know if pirating them is an option. Will pirated expansions work? Where should I download them? Do we have an install guide on expansions and Origin or is there any special instructions I need to follow?

I'm new here so I apologize in advance if that has been covered a thousand times. I did do a search, but most of what I found was related to people already HAVING the pirated versions, and I do not so any info will be helpful!

Back to top Go down

Just to be clear: Origin base game WILL work with pirated expansions? Empty Re: Just to be clear: Origin base game WILL work with pirated expansions?

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 23:48

Pirated expansions will work with the Origin base game! Just read the instructions here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Keep in mind that the first time I was finally able to successfully install an expansion, I had to reinstall my base game first, but that's just me. I'm currently having to do that again to get even more expansions. BACK YOUR FILES UP FIRST BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL THEM!

Back to top Go down

Just to be clear: Origin base game WILL work with pirated expansions? Empty Re: Just to be clear: Origin base game WILL work with pirated expansions?

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 23:51

According to that installation guide, you have to install the fix in the folder in which your game is downloaded, and even mentions installing it in the Origin folder. So, my guess is -- it DOES actually work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Aug 2013, 07:43

Hello,

Yes it does.

Just copy the Ultimate fix in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\(Name of the Expansion or Base Game)\Game\Bin
Instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\(Name of the Expansion or Base Game)\Game\Bin

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top