Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with Origin Base game and pirated expansions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with Origin Base game and pirated expansions Empty Problem with Origin Base game and pirated expansions

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 15:21

So, here's my problem, I got the Sims 3 Starter Pack from Humble Bundle, I wanted to try out the expansions so i downloaded next to all of them (all from Games4theworld). I followed all the steps on the *MUST READ* Topic but when i start the game i get the error message saying: "There was an error during startup. See the log for more details." Anyone have an idea of how i can fix this? any answer much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Problem with Origin Base game and pirated expansions Empty Re: Problem with Origin Base game and pirated expansions

Post by J.T. Fri 30 Aug 2013, 15:28

duvet wrote:So, here's my problem, I got the Sims 3 Starter Pack from Humble Bundle, I wanted to try out the expansions so i downloaded next to all of them (all from Games4theworld). I followed all the steps on the *MUST READ* Topic but when i start the game i get the error message saying: "There was an error during startup. See the log for more details." Anyone have an idea of how i can fix this? any answer much appreciated.
Hello,

Have you uninstalled any expansions before? If yes, please follow this tutorial:

If this doesn't work, repeat steps 2-4 of this guide again. Remember to apply the #crack of the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (NOT C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin).
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Problem with Origin Base game and pirated expansions Empty Re: Problem with Origin Base game and pirated expansions

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 17:45

I haven't uninstalled anything, and ive tried that other method several times, doesnt work. any other suggestions?

Edit: I launched TS3W.exe as administrator, which launched it fine, and shows the pets expansion loading screen (does that mean some expansions doesnt work?), but it only loads the first part where u choose what city u wanna play in, then when i try to load one it stops working and shuts down. why?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 00:39

duvet wrote:I haven't uninstalled anything, and ive tried that other method several times, doesnt work. any other suggestions?

Edit: I launched TS3W.exe as administrator, which launched it fine, and shows the pets expansion loading screen (does that mean some expansions doesnt work?), but it only loads the first part where u choose what city u wanna play in, then when i try to load one it stops working and shuts down. why?
Hello,

I suggest you initiate a clean reinstallation. This error usually means that your registry entires are (somehow) corrupted. Can you download Your Uninstaller Pro from www.games4theworld.org and uninstall all of them with Super Mode? And install the base game via Origin. Just remember to apply step 2 of this guide first before installing any expansions. After that, install any expansions you want and apply steps 2-4 of this guide. Remember to apply the #crack of the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 10:13

I have Origin + Pirated EPs, once you crack and patch, you never have to do it again, just install the EPs normally. Try that if you do the clean installation that was recommended above.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top