Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 3 has stopped working

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 3 has stopped working - Page 2 Empty The sims 3 has stopped working

Post by Guest Wed 21 Aug 2013, 05:51

First topic message reminder :

about two months ago I started a thread about my game crashing and shamrock referred me to a program that puts the ultimate fix into all the appropriate folders. I had no crashing for about a week then it started again after about 30 minutes of game play. this happens with new games and previously saved games, I am running 8gb of ram with intel i7 so my computer is enough to play sims 3. I have all EPS and STP up to IP and am playing cc free.

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 has stopped working - Page 2 Empty Re: The sims 3 has stopped working

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 09:11

I know this slows things down but i'm not allowed to use team viewer (my parents said no) because it would void my warranty if anything happened while using the program.  is there anything else I can try other than uninstalling ? it took days last time I reinstalled because there are so many add-ons.

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 has stopped working - Page 2 Empty Re: The sims 3 has stopped working

Post by J.T. Wed 28 Aug 2013, 09:22

samantha8982 wrote:I know this slows things down but i'm not allowed to use team viewer (my parents said no) because it would void my warranty if anything happened while using the program.  is there anything else I can try other than uninstalling ? it took days last time I reinstalled because there are so many add-ons.
Hello,

That is okay if you don't want any Teamviewer session. Now please read the instructions very carefully:

(1) Uninstall the base game and all the expansions with Your Uninstaller Pro (which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org) with Super Mode (you can choose the Super Mode during uninstalling)

(2) Delete the folder C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

(2) Reinstall the base game with Daemon Tools Lite ONLY. (Be sure to extract the torrents with WinRAR ONLY)

(3) Apply the manual patch here.

(4) Reinstall all the expansions.

(5) Apply the manual patch again.

(6) Download the latest Ultimate Fix here.

(7) Drag and drop the content of #crack folder ONLY to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (OR C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin if you have purchased or downloaded The Sims 3 via Origin)

J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Aug 2013, 05:10

That's how I installed my game this time already. Is there any other way I we can fix this problem without uninstalling because I've already tried that reinstall method on a cc store mod free game and I still get the crashing.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 30 Aug 2013, 07:00

samantha8982 wrote:That's how I installed my game this time already. Is there any other way I we can fix this problem without uninstalling because I've already tried that reinstall method on a cc store mod free game and I still get the crashing.
Hello,

Are you sure you have uninstalled the game via the Uninstaller with Super Mode?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 09:15

I did not use your uninstaller pro the last time I uninstalled but I know all of my registrys were clear of all sims 3 stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 11:38

samantha8982 wrote:I did not use your uninstaller pro the last time I uninstalled but I know all of my registrys were clear of all sims 3 stuff.
Hello,

Please let us know if you run into any toruble.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:51

the game is still crashing, any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 12 Sep 2013, 05:16

Would you be willing to try the game without sp/eps you don't regularly use or need to play the game? It may be too much for your computer. I got mine less than a year ago, and still can't run the game well with all the extra packs.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 06:02

I've already tried just the base game on its own and I still get crashing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 06:39

just letting everyone know that it turns out not enough memory caused the crashing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 08:51

Hi
Why Don't you try to disable the in-game store (it is in settings)
It Worked For Me For A day Now Without Crashing
you should try it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 09:10

I have 8gb of ram installed but the game is not getting enough memory according to crash log analyzer so how to I increase how much memory the game gets?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 09:22

Yea I have This Problem too the Game Only Uses 1.5 G From My 8 G Ram
But Last Night I Disabled the in Game Store (in Options )
I Have No Crashes
try It Really

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 09:25

ok i'll try it. does anyone know how to get the game to use 5gb of my ram

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 15 Sep 2013, 09:30

samantha8982 wrote:ok i'll try it. does anyone know how to get the game to use 5gb of my ram

Hello,

Even if you set the limit higher, it won't work because The Sims 3 uses only a little RAM (approximately 2 GB RAM). And I can tell you crash log analyser is very inaccurate. 2momododo is right on this. Disabling in-game store does help a lot of people with "Max Memory Used" problem.

However, if you really want to do that, you can edit the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Sims3.ini.

Simply change the number of this line:

Spoiler:
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 10:11

NOTE That
I Did Edit Sims3.ini Yesterday And Still taking 1.5 G From Ram Only
Just Disable the in game Store Will Fix your problem As It Did With me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Sep 2013, 10:15

I will try turning of the in game store. Also I read on Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog  EA in patch 1.47 or 1.42 made it so the game can use up to 4gb of ram, I found that info on the page about the save error12

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 15 Sep 2013, 10:17

samantha8982 wrote:I will try turning of the in game store. Also I read on Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog  EA in patch 1.47 or 1.42 made it so the game can use up to 4gb of ram, I found that info on the page about the save error12
Hello,

This is only the upper limit of The Sims 3. Not exactly the amount of RAM The Sims 3 is using. Read this to find out more on how to increase the limit.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 07:51

I turned off the in game store and was able to play for an hour, I've turned down all my settings to low and when i'm on the map view there is no trees what setting do I turn up to see trees on map view?.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 16 Sep 2013, 10:48

Hello,

To do that, I think you need to turn up "Draw Distance" in in-game graphic options.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:04

That didn't work can you tell me what else I can try?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 20 Sep 2013, 08:45

Hello,

I am not sure actually. But 2 of them are possible (Visual effects and tree details).
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 14:44

tree detail worked, thanks for such a quick reply Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 23 Sep 2013, 14:47

samantha8982 wrote:tree detail worked, thanks for such a quick reply Very Happy
Hello,

Is your problem solved?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Sep 2013, 15:05

almost, I will be getting some ram upgrades soon if my computer takes more than 8gb of ram.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 23 Sep 2013, 15:23

samantha8982 wrote:almost, I will be getting some ram upgrades soon if my computer takes more than 8gb of ram.
Hello,

I don't think RAM upgrades gonna help. You know, The Sims 3 is a badly designed game. It can crash on high-end pcs too.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Nov 2013, 07:43

The crashing has started again, I have not touched any of my settings in sims 3 so I don't see what the change was that started it off again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top