Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 3 has stopped working

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 3 has stopped working - Page 3 Empty The sims 3 has stopped working

Post by Guest Wed 21 Aug 2013, 05:51

First topic message reminder :

about two months ago I started a thread about my game crashing and shamrock referred me to a program that puts the ultimate fix into all the appropriate folders. I had no crashing for about a week then it started again after about 30 minutes of game play. this happens with new games and previously saved games, I am running 8gb of ram with intel i7 so my computer is enough to play sims 3. I have all EPS and STP up to IP and am playing cc free.

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 has stopped working - Page 3 Empty Re: The sims 3 has stopped working

Post by J.T. Mon 23 Sep 2013, 15:23

samantha8982 wrote:almost, I will be getting some ram upgrades soon if my computer takes more than 8gb of ram.
Hello,

I don't think RAM upgrades gonna help. You know, The Sims 3 is a badly designed game. It can crash on high-end pcs too.

J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 has stopped working - Page 3 Empty Re: The sims 3 has stopped working

Post by Guest Sun 10 Nov 2013, 07:43

The crashing has started again, I have not touched any of my settings in sims 3 so I don't see what the change was that started it off again.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Nov 2013, 08:53

samantha8982 wrote:The crashing has started again, I have not touched any of my settings in sims 3 so I don't see what the change was that started it off again.
Hello there,

First of all, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents in the folder Currentgame.sims3.

Now if you start the game, does the crashing randomnly or when you do specific things ?

Maybe you could even try shortening your playing sessions, and then exiting the game for a while before continuing. My playing sessions never last longer than an hour, although my desktop computer can easily handle the game with all expansions and all store content.

So maybe try playing for about half an hour ("real-life time"), then exit the game shortly.

Beyond that, I'm afraid there is nothing much left I can tell you. Wat. 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Nov 2013, 12:40

it tends to happen when in live mode. I can spend as long as I like in edit town and cas but as soon as I select live mode it crashes within 3 minutes so if I were to start a new game and go straight into live mode and avoid cas it would crash within minutes.

Last edited by samantha8982 on Sun 10 Nov 2013, 12:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing error)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Nov 2013, 07:58

samantha8982 wrote:it tends to happen when in live mode. I can spend as long as I like in edit town and cas but as soon as I select live mode it crashes within 3 minutes so if I were to start a new game and go straight into live mode and avoid cas it would crash within minutes.
Hello,

Maybe I've overlooked that, but has anyone already suggested to you that you try the "4 GB patch" ? Look at step #3 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

Download that patch and double-click it; when prompted, choose the TS3W.exe in the base game location. Usually that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Nov 2013, 08:28

the other sims helper on here got me to do that ages ago as well as the DEP trick. It's not happening every time I play but it's still a problem I want help with anyway. Also I am also having trouble with infinite load screens it tends to happen when loading a save or travelling in time to the present, it does not happen every time but it's happened 3 times today. I usually don't play for more than 30 minutes because my computer gets quite hot.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Nov 2013, 08:43

samantha8982 wrote:the other sims helper on here got me to do that ages ago as well as the DEP trick. It's not happening every time I play but it's still a problem I want help with anyway. Also I am also having trouble with infinite load screens it tends to happen when loading a save or travelling in time to the present, it does not happen every time but it's happened 3 times today. I usually don't play for more than 30 minutes because my computer gets quite hot.
What should I say ? (besides, what cat2006house suggested so far, is NOT exactly the same what I did in my previous reply, but if you really did that already, then it's OK).

This is the point where I can't suggest anything anymore, I'm sorry for that. Cat2006house and invalidusername have already tried everything possible. If that computer is a laptop, then you should keep in mind that most of them aren't made for "hardcore-gaming"; it doesn't matter if they were purchased just recently.

I apologize for not being able to help more.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Nov 2013, 11:22

That's ok:)  thank you to everyone who has helped me with this game. Sorry if I sounded rude before, I guess this problem shall just continue to be a mystery. when I bought my computer I was told its for gaming so I'm feeling rather confused about whether my computer is strong enough to play sims seeing as it is a gaming machine (or so i'm told) if anyone want's to know my specs be sure to let me know and i'll post them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top