Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Serious error"...tried several 'fixes' and none worked :s [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Serious error"...tried several 'fixes' and none worked :s [SOLVED] Empty "Serious error"...tried several 'fixes' and none worked :s [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 05:55

Hellloo. So I've been getting this error with my game "A serious error has occurred. It is recommended that you restart the application." 
This is both when I try to start a new family, and when I load an old one. 

I have The Sims 3 and a few expansion packs. I recently installed World Adventures, but the problem didn't begin when I first installed it- In other words, I've been able to play the game since installing :] 

I -did- try to download an update that was unsuccessful because of a corrupted file I believe. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. It was "Game Update for 1.55" However I think I've tried to install that before, with no luck, and been able to load and start new games just fine.

Here's a short list of things that I've tried to fix it :]

1. Updated DEP settings for the sims and all expansions.
2. Deleted all saves :c
3. Deleted .package files. 
4. Turned off ant-virus. 
5. Made sure the Sims file wasn't open in the background when opening the sims. 
6. Restarted computer
7. Sobbed into a bowl of ice cream, yelling "WHY? WHYYYY?"

When I was poking around, I tried to open the Currentgame.sims3 but, I guess it's all crazy. It says it's unreadable or corrupted. I tried to delete it, and it's a no go. I also tried to restore the file to how it was last week, and it tried but it couldn't load the containing files. 

Help. 
Please. 
I feel like I've tried everything. :c 
Help

Last edited by cat2006house on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 12:04; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : font is showing up weird on preview :s)

Back to top Go down

"Serious error"...tried several 'fixes' and none worked :s [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Serious error"...tried several 'fixes' and none worked :s [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 06:33

DandelionCupcakes wrote:Hellloo. So I've been getting this error with my game "A serious error has occurred. It is recommended that you restart the application." 
This is both when I try to start a new family, and when I load an old one. 

I have The Sims 3 and a few expansion packs. I recently installed World Adventures, but the problem didn't begin when I first installed it- In other words, I've been able to play the game since installing :] 

I -did- try to download an update that was unsuccessful because of a corrupted file I believe. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. It was "Game Update for 1.55" However I think I've tried to install that before, with no luck, and been able to load and start new games just fine.

Here's a short list of things that I've tried to fix it :]

1. Updated DEP settings for the sims and all expansions.
2. Deleted all saves :c
3. Deleted .package files. 
4. Turned off ant-virus. 
5. Made sure the Sims file wasn't open in the background when opening the sims. 
6. Restarted computer
7. Sobbed into a bowl of ice cream, yelling "WHY? WHYYYY?"

When I was poking around, I tried to open the Currentgame.sims3 but, I guess it's all crazy. It says it's unreadable or corrupted. I tried to delete it, and it's a no go. I also tried to restore the file to how it was last week, and it tried but it couldn't load the containing files. 

Help. 
Please. 
I feel like I've tried everything. :c 
Help

Hello,

Have you tried this?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

"Serious error"...tried several 'fixes' and none worked :s [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Serious error"...tried several 'fixes' and none worked :s [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 07:02

I did just now. Thank you so much for the reply.

However, it didn't work :/ I followed directions 100% and then restarted.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 07:04

DandelionCupcakes wrote:I did just now. Thank you so much for the reply.

However, it didn't work :/ I followed directions 100% and then restarted.
Hello,

What expansions did you install on your computer?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 03:07

Sorry for the delayed reply! <3 
I have 
University Life 
Seasons
Showtime
Pets
Town Life Stuff
Generations
Late Night
Ambitions
World Adventures :]

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 02 Sep 2013, 03:13

DandelionCupcakes wrote:Sorry for the delayed reply! <3 
I have 
University Life 
Seasons
Showtime
Pets
Town Life Stuff
Generations
Late Night
Ambitions
World Adventures :]
Hello,

What I can only suggest right now is: Repeat steps 2-4 of this guide again. Please read the steps carefully. And may I ask where you got these expansions and the base game from?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 04:45

Thanks, I'll give it a shot :] 
I purchased the base game through Origin I think. The expansions are from Games4theworld Very Happy 
It has been working for months and months I dunno whyyyy this is happening Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 02 Sep 2013, 05:19

DandelionCupcakes wrote:Thanks, I'll give it a shot :] 
I purchased the base game through Origin I think. The expansions are from Games4theworld Very Happy 
It has been working for months and months I dunno whyyyy this is happening Sad
Hello,

Did you apply the #crack of the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin? Wrong application of the Ultimate Fix may be the reason why.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Sep 2013, 04:38

I just reinstalled everything and made sure I followed instructions on the ultimate fix perfectly, and it's still happening :c

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Sep 2013, 04:40

Hello,
Can you come to chatbox so we can discuss the problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Sep 2013, 04:55

Weird, I thought I replied to it but it disappeared. 

Thank you so much for the help, but I fixed it. I just renamed the currentgame.sims3 file (the corrupted one) and it's running fine <3

Helper Edit: Delete the corrupted file in the folder of "CurrentGame.sims3"  if possible Smile . Problem solved, topic closed.

-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top