Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Valley STILL won't install after updating, ultimate fix, and store fix. HELP! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon Valley STILL won't install after updating, ultimate fix, and store fix. HELP! [SOLVED] Empty Dragon Valley STILL won't install after updating, ultimate fix, and store fix. HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 03 Oct 2013, 18:08

I'm pretty much at the end of my rope on this one. When I try to install the Dragon Valley Gold edition that came from Games4theworld it always says "Installation failed, please update game" yada yada. I've done the manual patch to 1.57, I've done the Ultimate Fix exactly according to the instructions, and I've done the Store Fixes, both the Games4theworld version and the MOTY KT's version and neither of them made a difference. Still getting the error! I've also tried Googling every combination of things to try to find an answer to this, but it's starting to seem like I'm the only one with this problem. I don't know what to do! The game still opens and plays, it just won't let me install Dragon Valley. 

One thing that stood out to me as weird though is when I click the Get Info button on my Sims3.app it says it's version 1.0, but in my launcher it says I'm at 1.57. I don't get it. Is this even a problem? And if it is, does this mean I have to completely uninstall, get a newer version of the base game and reinstall everything? Thanks in advance for your help!

Back to top Go down

Dragon Valley STILL won't install after updating, ultimate fix, and store fix. HELP! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Dragon Valley STILL won't install after updating, ultimate fix, and store fix. HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by Phoebe Thu 03 Oct 2013, 18:36

Hello,

As we don't use the original stuff form the store and we "borrow" them, we need to raise the protection thingie away form the store content. It's called, decrapifying.

You need to decrapfy a sims3pack usually to install it successfuly in your game. There is a wonderful guide of Lady ElDi about how to decrapify. You can see it from here.

Please let me know the result.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Dragon Valley STILL won't install after updating, ultimate fix, and store fix. HELP! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Dragon Valley STILL won't install after updating, ultimate fix, and store fix. HELP! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 03 Oct 2013, 23:25

Thank you so so much! You're amazing! I never knew what the decrap stuff meant until now. I unfortunately wasn't able to use the Decrapifier since I'm on a Mac but I did find a decrapped version of Dragon Valley that installed just fine! So thank you so much for leading me in the direction I needed!! Much love.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Fri 04 Oct 2013, 16:50

Happy to hear that! Let me know if you need anything else Smile

Topic is closed.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top