Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloading The Sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloading The Sims 3  Empty Downloading The Sims 3

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 20:42

Ok I am new at this so if I have screwed up forgive me. First let me say I own four of The Sims 3 games, the base game, world adventures, Ambitions, Late Night. I am wondering should I go ahead and use my games and then download the other expansion packs I want from this web site and use the ultimate fix to make it work. Or should I use all the games from this web site? Just wondering if it would make it easier to just download them all from here instead of using my own games. I have tried and tried and tried and then tried again to make them work but nothing works. The closest I have come has been using this site. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Downloading The Sims 3  Empty Re: Downloading The Sims 3

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 07 Oct 2013, 20:46

Mhosman11 wrote:Ok I am new at this so if I have screwed up forgive me. First let me say I own four of The Sims 3 games, the base game, world adventures, Ambitions, Late Night. I am wondering should I go ahead and use my games and then download the other expansion packs I want from this web site and use the ultimate fix to make it work. Or should I use all the games from this web site? Just wondering if it would make it easier to just download them all from here instead of using my own games. I have tried and tried and tried and then tried again to make them work but nothing works. The closest I have come has been using this site. Thank you.
//MOVED

Hello,

Just install the "missing" expansions/those expansions you want, and you should be fine. After installing the expansions, just repeat the steps from 2 to 4 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Downloading The Sims 3  Empty Downloading Sims 3

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 20:51

Thank you so much. Ok so I am going to download all the games I own from origin. Then I will download all the expansion packs that I want and then use the fix. I have notice from other sites they never ever mention the fact that those who have downloaded from Origin need to put the cracks into the Origin Games folder and not the Electronic Arts folder. I appreciate that. I know I am going to get these working. Takes Major patients though. Thanks again.

//EDIT

Is it ok if I post any questions here after I download and install, but have problems? May I contact you? Thanks.

Moderator edit: yes, you can either continue in this topic, if the problem stays the same. Or you can create a new topic. Either way, please use the "edit"-button on your post if you want to add things.

- Carlos

Ok, I have been curious about something before I begin. I know the ultimate fix instructions say to install the base game and then all the expansions you want. But do I install one of these first Movie Stuff, Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations.* or do I just install them in order. Like I said I own the base game, world adventures, ambitions, late night. So how should I start? sorry if this seems lame but rather get the answer then do all this over again to have to do it again. Thanks again

P.S. Sorry where is the edit button? I know sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 07 Oct 2013, 21:31

The order in which you install the expansion doesn't matter. Besides the base game, you just need at least one of the expansions or stuff packs mentioned.

Downloading The Sims 3  Edit_b10

Look at where the red arrow points at (forget the other buttons; this is only relevant for users with moderating rights).

Last edited by Carlos G. on Mon 07 Oct 2013, 21:35; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Downloading The Sims 3  Empty Thanks

Post by Guest Mon 07 Oct 2013, 21:35

Thank you.  Hope I am not driving you crazy yet? But the day is not done yet? LOL

//EDIT

Ok I was really bad boy and I went ahead and tried to follow the ulitimate fix file and did everything it said and all it says is "No game disc found please insert The Sims 3 generations disc" please help. I am so tired of messing with this game. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 08 Oct 2013, 02:25

Mhosman11 wrote:Thank you.  Hope I am not driving you crazy yet? But the day is not done yet? LOL

//EDIT

Ok I was really bad boy and I went ahead and tried to follow the ulitimate fix file and did everything it said and all it says is "No game disc found please insert The Sims 3 generations disc" please help. I am so tired of messing with this game. Thanks.

Like I said in my first reply, re-apply the manual patch and put the two files from the #crack-folder of the Ultimate fix here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

And there is a reason why I put a screenshot in my last post to show where the "edit"-button is. In your posts, the "edit"-button should be in the same area (in the top right part of your post). As you can see, I have deleted most of your "bump" posts. This behavior is not welcome here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Downloading The Sims 3  Empty Installing the manual patch

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 02:45

I thank you and apologize for my lack of following the rules. Like I said I am new and I am not the smartest branch on the tree. I am downloading the manual patch now. Also I guess I am confused about the edit button because I have pushed it every time I posted a message. I am not the best speller or person with grammar so this is my fault. I appreciate all your help. I am sure once I apply the manual patch everything will be fine. Thank you.

//EDIT

ok I installed the manual patch but I still get the No disc game found error. Don't know what to do. Thank you.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Sat 30 Nov 2013, 21:15; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Editing)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 08 Oct 2013, 04:00

Mhosman11 wrote:10.07.2013
ok I installed the manual patch but I still get the No disc game found error. Don't know what to do. Thank you.

You installed the "manual patch" ? Alright, now you might wanto to completely turn off your anti-virus program (I can't tell you how to do that, you have to find out how to dom this on your specific program)

Open the open the Ultimate fix now. You should see a folder named #crack. Inside that #crack folder, there are two files: TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll. You copy the two files and paste them into C:\Program files(x86)\Origin games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Now, at the prompt, choose "copy and replace". Do this for both files. Now, double-click on the TS3W.exe and see what happens...

//EDIT

What matters is where you got the base game from: if it's from Origin, then put the two files from the #crack folder of the "Ultimate fix" into the location above, the one I just posted.
C:\Program files(x86)\Origin games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

If you actually have a physical disc of the base game or downloaded it from somewhere else, then put the two files into: C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Downloading The Sims 3  Empty It's all working great now.

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 04:15

19:15:59
Good news it is all working great now. After doing the manual patch I thought to myself maybe I should redo the crack so I did and its working great. Thank you so much. Now one more thing before I go if I want to add other expansion packs do I install them then run the manual patch and then do the crack again? Thank you again for your kindness and patients.

Last edited by Mhosman11 on Tue 08 Oct 2013, 04:17; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : editing)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 08 Oct 2013, 04:21

Mhosman11 wrote:10.07.2013

19:15:59
Good news it is all working great now. After doing the manual patch I thought to myself maybe I should redo the crack so I did and its working great. Thank you so much. Now one more thing before I go if I want to add other expansion packs do I install them then run the manual patch and then do the crack again? Thank you again for your kindness and patients.

Yes, when you add other expansions, ALWAYS re-apply the manual patch, AND THEN the two files from the #crack-folder in the Ultimate fix. Wink

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top