Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 manual patch problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 manual patch problem Empty Sims 3 manual patch problem

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 14:06

Hi. I have recently installed the base game sims 3 and now im stuck with the 2nd step in ur post- the redownloading and reapplying of the manual patch. Does it really take too long to download? It asked me if i'll run or save the file. I chose run. Now it's like 4% out of 1.3 gb. I've been waiting for it for i think couple of hours now. Pls reply thank u so much

//EDIT

Another question: do i really have to install the expansion packs in order to make the base game work? I wanna play the sims 3 first.

Helper Edit: Please refrain from double-posting. Edit your previous post instead! Thank you for your attention.

-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 manual patch problem Empty Re: Sims 3 manual patch problem

Post by J.T. Wed 16 Oct 2013, 14:18

To answer your questions, I will reply in chronological order:

(1) If you want to speed up the download of manual patch you can download Internet Download Manager from Piratebay. If you have downloaded The Sims 3: Movie Stuff, you can skip downloading the manual patch by navigating the folder where you have extracted the stuff pack .rar file to and go to Support\Updates. This is where you can find the latest manual patch.

(2) You don't have to install the expansion packs to make the base game work. You can download the Temporary Fix (Not the Ultimate Main Fix) here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems.

Bear in mind if you want to install expansion packs/stuff packs later on and want to apply the Main Fix instead of Temporary Fix, you must remove the temporary fix first and then apply the Main Fix.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 14:32

Thank you for the response!! Sorry im a newbie here. Smile anyway, i can install the ultimate main fix even if i don't have expansion packs.. Am i right? Or do i really have to use the temporary fix instead of ultimate main fix if i dont have any expansion packs installed yet? Thank u thank u! 

Another one.. What will i do after i download the manual patch? Are there any instructions? Thanks:))

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 16 Oct 2013, 14:34

Bardenbella wrote:Thank you for the response!! Sorry im a newbie here. Smile anyway, i can install the ultimate main fix even if i don't have expansion packs.. Am i right? Or do i really have to use the temporary fix instead of ultimate main fix if i dont have any expansion packs installed yet? Thank u thank u! 

Another one.. What will i do after i download the manual patch? Are there any instructions? Thanks:))
You cannot apply the Ultimate Main Fix if you don't have any expansion packs/stuff packs installed. Patching manually is simple: double-click the .exe file and run it.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 14:53

Thanks!! Do i still need to download the manual patch even if i install the island paradise pack? With that pack, i could use the ultimate fix, am i right? Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 16 Oct 2013, 14:57

Bardenbella wrote:Thanks!! Do i still need to download the manual patch even if i install the island paradise pack? With that pack, i could use the ultimate fix, am i right? Thank you!
If you choose to install The Sims 3 Island Paradise, you can use the Ultimate Main Fix. After installing the expansion pack, run the manual patch you just downloaded (instead of downloading it again; it will be time-consuming) and then apply the Ultimate Main Fix.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 15:01

Thanks!! How about the Outdoor living stuff expansion pack?? Can i also do what u said with that expansion pack? I'm choosing between outdoor living and island paradise. But i want the outdoor more. I am limited with my laptop gb capacity thanks!!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 16 Oct 2013, 15:46

Here are the list of expansion packs/stuff packs you must at least install (at least on of them) so that the Ultimate Fix can work:

Movie Stuff, Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations

The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff is not on the list I am afraid. Therefore, I suggest you install The Sims 3: Island Paradise instead. Trust me, expansion packs are more fun than stuff packs. Stuff packs are basically, and literally... stuff.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 15:51

Ok thank you so much! You really help me a lot! Anyway i posted a new question but not in this thread. I hope u could help me with that one too. Thanks!!

//MOVED

I opened the sims3 launcher and it asked for the registration code. It was invalid and then it closed. I opened it again, it says that the game needs access to internet to verify ownership. But i have internet and am online. [see image attached] what do i do? Anyway, i haven't applied the manual patch yet bec it's still downloading. Will i also be able to run the sims 3 base game even if i havent still applied the manual patch and ultimate fix? The sims3 launcher wouldnt want to open as i've stated above. Pls reply! Thanks much

Helper Edit: Topic merged. The problems you stated are of the same problem.

-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 16 Oct 2013, 15:51

Bardenbella wrote:I opened the sims3 launcher and it asked for the registration code. It was invalid and then it closed. I opened it again, it says that the game needs access to internet to verify ownership. But i have internet and am online. [see image attached] what do i do? Anyway, i haven't applied the manual patch yet bec it's still downloading. Will i also be able to run the sims 3 base game even if i havent still applied the manual patch and ultimate fix? The sims3 launcher wouldnt want to open as i've stated above. Pls reply! Thanks much
If you haven't applied the manual patch yet, you can apply the crack that is inside of the base game torrent according the installation guide of the torrent. But never use that crack if you have updated the base game.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 15:57

How to apply the crack? Im lost sorry... 
Can i play the sims 3 base game even if the manual patch isnt applied yet?  The launcher wont open.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 16 Oct 2013, 15:59

Bardenbella wrote:How to apply the crack? Im lost sorry... 
Can i play the sims 3 base game even if the manual patch isnt applied yet?  The launcher wont open.
Open the #crack folder of the torrent. Copy the content inside and paste the files to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Choose "Replace" if you are asked to replace the files. You can start the game by running TS3.exe.

Again, PLEASE do not apply this crack after you have updated the base game with the manual patch.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 16:08

Thanks! I did it, what will i do next? Thanks for being patient Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 16 Oct 2013, 16:09

Bardenbella wrote:Thanks! I did it, what will i do next? Thanks for being patient Smile
You can either

(1) open the launcher to start the game;
(2) Run TS3.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (if you cannot run the game via launcher).
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 16:35

It opened for awhile as in just like a snap second then it stopped working. I will try to open it again. Anyway is there any difference i opened ts3 because there are no any ts3.exe in the folder

Last edited by Bardenbella on Wed 16 Oct 2013, 16:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add)

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 16 Oct 2013, 16:41

After applying the crack, you should have all these in the folder of C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (except TS3W.exe and possibly other files (since you don't have any expansion packs/stuff packs installed and your base game is outdated)):

Sims 3 manual patch problem Screen11

You should see an application called TS3 (which is the one you should double-click on). And are you sure you have applied the crack from the base game torrent correctly? I would also want to ask where you got the base game torrent from.

If the base game is from Games4theworld, and you still can't find TS3.exe, you should wait for the manual patch.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 16 Oct 2013, 16:57

To illustrate more clearly:

Sims 3 manual patch problem Screen12

This should be the one you are looking for. If you have applied the crack correctly, you should see this appear in your folder.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 17:01

Ok! Well i restarted my laptop. I have that TS3. I double clicked it. And now it's working! If i play the game and save it,  will it be erased if ever i apply the manual patch and add expansion pack and the ultimate fix? Thank u so much you're amazing! Anyway i got the base game torrent from here games4theworld Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 16 Oct 2013, 17:20

Bardenbella wrote:Ok! Well i restarted my laptop. I have that TS3. I double clicked it. And now it's working! If i play the game and save it,  will it be erased if ever i apply the manual patch and add expansion pack and the ultimate fix? Thank u so much you're amazing! Anyway i got the base game torrent from here games4theworld Smile
It will not be erased. To make sure you fully understand how to install an expansion pack, I've made this check list for you:

(1) Apply the manual patch first.
(2) Install The Sims 3: Island Paradise with a serial code included in the installation guide of The Sims 3 Island Paradise torrent.
(3) Open the #crack folder from the Ultimate Fix.
(4) Copy and paste the content inside to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and replace the original files inside.
(5) Start the game from either the launcher or TS3W.exe (NOT TS3.exe).
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 17:23

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! Will let you know once I get to download the expansion pack and manual patch so I would be guided. Many thanks!!!! Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 16 Oct 2013, 17:33

Please let us know the results.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2013, 08:21

Hi i'm back! :)Just like to ask about how can i update my sims 3 base game to its latest version. Been playing it via TS3 not the launcher.

//Edit:  Please be sure that you do not double post.  Your other post here was deleted by me, as it was the same post made twice.  Thank you for your cooperation!  Smile

-  Sephymuffins

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 04 Dec 2013, 14:48

I have actually made the point very clearly in the previous posts, but okay if you need further explanation, here it is:

If you don't have any expansion packs/stuff packs installed and don't want to waste any effort on installing any expansion packs/stuff packs.:
1. Download and apply the manual patch here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v163-fix-manual-patch.
2. Download the temporary fix mentioned here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems.

3. All you have to do is opening the folder #crack from the temporary fix, and drag and drop the content inside (which is a folder) to C:\Users\(your computer username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

Please remember though, if you later want to install expansion packs and want to use the Ultimate main Fix, then you have to remove the #crack from the temporary fix.

If you have installed at least one of the expansion packs/stuff packs mentioned in this guide: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly:

Simply follow steps 2-4 of the above guide I have linked.

Should you have any questions, please ask.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down