Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

None of my games work after the game patched to 1.63

View previous topic View next topic Go down

None of my games work after the game patched to 1.63 Empty None of my games work after the game patched to 1.63

Post by Guest Mon 04 Nov 2013, 00:23

I bought the following sims games:
base
world adventures
ambitions
late night
fast lane stuff
generations
pets
supernatural
university

I downloaded the others from G4TW. 

everything worked fine until 1.63 came out.

Now my game freezes just as those new "object find" screens begin. 

YES, I followed ALL of the instructions when installing. Like I said, everything was fine before 1.63.

Back to top Go down

None of my games work after the game patched to 1.63 Empty Re: None of my games work after the game patched to 1.63

Post by Sephymuffins Mon 04 Nov 2013, 00:26

Hello,

Did you update your game via Origin automatically or did you use our Manual Patcher?  It can be found in step 3, here:  https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Please follow steps 3 through 5 and you game should begin working!
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

None of my games work after the game patched to 1.63 Empty Re: None of my games work after the game patched to 1.63

Post by Guest Mon 04 Nov 2013, 00:28

The game patched itself to 1.63 because I have a retail copy of the base game. It does it during install.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Mon 04 Nov 2013, 00:38

Playright Manuscript wrote:The game patched itself to 1.63 because I have a retail copy of the base game. It does it during install.
I understand that.  However, if the game patches itself up to the latest update, chances are that is what is giving you the problems you're having.  Within the link I provided are 5 steps that are necessary to follow in order for your game to run smoothly without problems or errors.  How I basically see it and how I explain it to people, is that the Manual Patch we provide as well as the Ultimate Fix - they should be used in unison.  So, even if your game is already updated to 1.63 you still need to use the manual patch then the Ultimate fix.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Nov 2013, 00:43

ok, the ultimate fix instructions say NOT to use any cracks from the folders, just the crack folder in the Fix, am I understanding that correctly? so I am NOT going to patch each game separately, right?

Also, I haven't downloaded Into the Future yet, should I do that before using the latest version of the Fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Mon 04 Nov 2013, 00:47

Playright Manuscript wrote:ok, the ultimate fix instructions say NOT to use any cracks from the folders, just the crack folder in the Fix, am I understanding that correctly? so I am NOT going to patch each game separately, right?

Also, I haven't downloaded Into the Future yet, should I do that before using the latest version of the Fix?
Yes, you want to ONLY use the contents within the #Crack folder.  That's it!  The other folders are totally useless (at least now) so they can be deleted.  There will be two files within the #Crack folder - an .exe and a .dll.  Those must be dragged and dropped into your BASEGAME's /game/bin folder (it will prompt you to overwrite, so do so).  Since you have Origin, your base-game folders will be under Origin Games on your C: drive. Smile

I'd wait to do all of this, however, until you successfully install Into the Future.  Or else you'll just have to repeat the steps lol.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Nov 2013, 00:50

Thank you for your help, I sent you a friend request on FB. If you accept, I can tell you if everything worked or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 04 Nov 2013, 06:21

Playright Manuscript wrote:Thank you for your help, I sent you a friend request on FB. If you accept, I can tell you if everything worked or not.
Why don't you tell us here so that in the future, if someone has the same problem as yours, can know what to do?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Nov 2013, 21:55

YAY! Everything works! STEPHYMUFFINS IS WONDERFUL! Thanks for your help! Thank you G4TW!

The Sims 3 plumbob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top