Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with Sims 3, CC & items problem? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with Sims 3, CC & items problem? [SOLVED] Empty Help with Sims 3, CC & items problem? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 15:22

Hi, I've downloaded Sims 3 and all the expansions and stuff packs except: World Adventures, Late Night, Movie Stuff, Into the future. Mainly because im too lazy to download them, and the instructions that came with WA and LN got me confused... 

Anyway, I've been having this problem since i've downloaded all the EP and SP. Its where small items in the game such as: Books, Food, Ingredients, rocks and gems etc. Basically small stuff you can shove into your sims inventory, the picture doesn't show? For example: If I wanted to buy lettuce for my sims and I went to the grocery store. All the pictures wouldn't show? All that is there is a black square and a bit of writing. The only picture of the small stuff I said above that does show is Honey... Any fixes for this? I dont need it but it bothers me at times while im playing the game. 

ALSO, when EA releases updates for TS3, to update it I get the manual patch, open that. When thats done I download the ultimate fix and put it where I need to put it. Thats what i've done for the recent update and it's worked. Im just wondering if thats what your supposed to do? Thanks.

ALSO, before when i was bored i was looking at the forum and ive seen posts where custom content sometimes affect your game? I dont know I how, but i've not downloaded any custom content but would like to do so in the future for projects etc... So, im asking why CC sometimes affect the game and cause problems (from what ive seen on the forum) and if i were to download CC are there only specific things im supposed to download from. And how to download them to your game. 

Thanks, for taking your time to read my questions. Sorry for being a pain in the butt :3

Back to top Go down

Help with Sims 3, CC & items problem? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Help with Sims 3, CC & items problem? [SOLVED]

Post by Sephymuffins Sun 17 Nov 2013, 19:36

Hello,

You're definitely not a pain in the butt and it's okay to have so many questions!

You mentioned you were following the guides WITHIN the games WA & LN, correct?  I ask this, because the "installation instructions" found within the .rar files of all the expansions are old and you do not need to follow those instructions to get the game running - you open those text files only for the serial number they will contain. The only instructions you should follow are the instructions here:  https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly.  You just install the base-game and all the expansions you want, then use the manual patch and at last, the ultimate fix.  Your game should work 100% without errors if these steps are done correctly!

In regards to your error, is this the only thing that seems to be "odd" in your game? Are your sims acting okay, performing tasks normally?  I don't believe this is a bug, as I see no mention of it anywhere both on this forum, and also on google.  

How exactly did you install all of your expansions?  Are you able to walk me through step by step in what you did?  That would actually be able to help me help you, a lot. Smile

When it comes to downloaded custom content,  you should read this article on Custom Content (CC) basics.  It also tells you how to get your game running with mods and CC whenever you do end up downloading any.  

Happy Simming!  The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Help with Sims 3, CC & items problem? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Help with Sims 3, CC & items problem? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 19:43

I Have all expansions and stuff packs in my game except: World Adventures, Late night, Movie Stuff and Into the future. I'd like the download WA and LN but once I downloaded them from pirate bay, It said i'd have to reinstall my sims 3 game including expansions and stuff packs all over again!That's why I never bothered with it since it's too much of a hassle.

And yes my game is fine, no problems with my sims at all. They do what I tell them to do and all. Its just that when I go to the book store or grocery store, the little square that is supposed to show you what the item looks like in buy mode is black and has little scribbles (words maybe?) on it. It bugs me at times, but if i drag the item and of my sims inventory and place it down it shows up normally. I.e A book, apple, lettuce, rock etc. 

And with installing my game I read the manual that came with the download (from pirate bay)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sun 17 Nov 2013, 19:54

Hello,

What I was asking is, did you follow the steps contained within the manuals?  Because if you did, you would have used the #Crack folders contained within the expansion pack's .rar file.  Correct?  If you did this, that would more than likely explain why you're getting a bug with your Sims' inventory.  

When it comes to the expansions, you actually don't need to start all over again.  In fact, you could install the rest of the expansion packs all in one go (over your current game) and all you'll have to do is use the manual patch once more and then the ultimate fix again.  That's all you have to do - no uninstalling or reinstalling nonsense.  I'm not sure where you heard that, but again, if you go here, the instructions are very simple and to the point.  Keep in mind, that if you're having difficulties following that step by step guide, click the first link in my signature.  It's a video on how to follow the steps.
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 20:52

Thank you very much for your help Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sun 17 Nov 2013, 22:45

You're welcome!  

Let us know if you need anymore assistance.  
Happy Simming. The Sims Plumbob 1

//SOLVED
//LOCKED
Shamrock
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top