Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Residential Lot Bug/Glitch -- A problem of misplaced or replaced items. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Residential Lot Bug/Glitch -- A problem of misplaced or replaced items. [SOLVED] Empty Residential Lot Bug/Glitch -- A problem of misplaced or replaced items. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 10:25

Hello! Kabiru here!

I have noticed so many, many bugs in Sims 3, yet I never ever really complained truly hard about it. This game brings my joy.

Yet... I have a rather joyless problem... You probably remember my badass PC i had bought three years ago, which handles that game and still does with a perfect hand. Thus, I have all EPs, SPs, and Store Stuff installed. Every single one of them all, and I have the backup for when I format my PC, so I can reinstall it all, and a documents folder I kept as well, to shorten the Store Stuff installation time with the launcher.

Now... I don't know if you guys ever did stumble upon this joyless problem. It is about misplaced, or replaced stuff which OCCASIONALLY tends to happen when placing a residential or commercial lot on my world. Not one of them have custom content, I mean, unofficial custom content. All of my objects and lots have official contents. I want to specify that I always place my lots on empty lots which have the same size at first. I never had any bugs of the mentioned with these.

Yet I have some bugs concerning some houses created by talented artists on the official Exchange, the Sims Resource or Mod The Sims. Some are just astounding, and I sure these guys would be architect geniuses in real life. These houses are hallucinatory. Especially what I prefer, which are gothique mansions or castles, somberly and filled with dark light, and yet so beautiful and antique. I love antiques!

Some of those houses are perfect and flawless. Some others, especially those which I REALLY want for my Sims, are... acting weird.

Example. I place a house on the correct and exact empty lot. The house had NO CC, only official Store Stuff items I already have installed and EPs or SPs stuff I also have in the game. Yet... the items get out of place, some furniture are not at all like those in the website pictures and are base game replaced items instead, making them boring. And to top it all, the worst I saw was a tree which grew through the center of whole house, passing through the furniture in the floors, and that is definitely not normal at all.

Did any of you had experienced this sort of bug? If so, I need help, if you can give me any. Cause I went to search EVERYWHERE and FOR AGES on the web, and never saw a mention of it! And it makes me feel like I turned Schizophren and have hallucinations while I game. Which is not good on my level...

I could use help. Anyone please...

Thank you all in advance. I'll keep in touch.

Regards, Kabiru

Back to top Go down

Residential Lot Bug/Glitch -- A problem of misplaced or replaced items. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Residential Lot Bug/Glitch -- A problem of misplaced or replaced items. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 15:10

Games4TheWorld has decrapified Store items, made into Custom Content. It doesn't work on lots, because it's not the same thing, it was changed when it was decrapified. If it wasn't decrapified they would need proof you bought it for you to download it.

Back to top Go down

Residential Lot Bug/Glitch -- A problem of misplaced or replaced items. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Residential Lot Bug/Glitch -- A problem of misplaced or replaced items. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Jan 2016, 21:56

Hello @romantyke,

It may be disappointing to see the original uploader's/creator's items see vanish, but then, you could still decorate the house or lot on your own. Smile  I haven't downloaded any houses in a long time, because I like to modify the stuff that's already there. Hence I can't say I'm familiar with all possible issues that can come along with custom-made houses.

What @CHall10006 said before could indeed be a possibility, but I'm not so sure. In the first, we used decrapified items so that people wouldn't have any difficulties installing them (with the launcher). As for other issues I'm not so sure yet...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 15:59

Hello!

I could indeed try to make the house better by replacing everything myself. It might take a very long time, however. Most of the ones I really wanted were a awful mess and would take at least an hour for my manual restoration.

Some of the other custom houses are very good and do not show this problem, and the store stuff and eps/sps items are all neatly made, as it should be.

Kabiru

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jan 2016, 20:25

romantyke wrote:Hello!

I could indeed try to make the house better by replacing everything myself. It might take a very long time, however. Most of the ones I really wanted were a awful mess and would take at least an hour for my manual restoration.

Some of the other custom houses are very good and do not show this problem, and the store stuff and eps/sps items are all neatly made, as it should be.

Kabiru

If you want to give it a try, you could get hold of "non-decrapified" .sims3pack files. Unfortunately though, we only have decrapified ones, so you will have to look elsewhere. I myself downloaded a long time ago (in mid-2014 I think) a compilation from the uploader "rachelstoolbox" on Piratebay. She included .package files, as well as decrapified and non-decrapified .sims3packs. Not sure though if the torrent is still up. Feel free to google that uploader though, and see for yourself.

The problem with the non-decrapified .sims3packs though is that you will have difficulties installing them with the launcher. Not sure if tools like "CC Magic" can help here. 

Even if the theory with the non-decrapified items is correct, it's not going to be worth your time and hassle to go through this. I myself would rather attempt to decorate on my own. But that's up to you.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 24 Jan 2016, 10:04

Hello,

The non decrapified items won't work if you have cracked games. It doesn't matter if they're sims3packs or packages.
There are several ways those houses you download get messed up. If the builder used original sims3packs and yours are decrapped,  your game doesn't recognise the items and they are replaced with base game defaults.  But the same thing would happen if you're using packages and the other (decrapified) sims3packs, or vice versa.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 19:17

Hello!

Ladi Eldi, it's been so long! I missed you!

So... concerning this problem, it might seems as there is not really a solution which may work...

I have cracked games, of course, and thanks to you all, because I never had to pay one single cent for the whole thing. The Store Stuff though... I did not get it from Rachelstoolbox. I searched a lot of time, even as far on the web into Russian, Taiwai, Chinese or Japanese websites with no way to translate, even using a translator. I have found a full Store Stuff torrent a Taiwan Torren website gave away. It needed registration, but no payment, thank God. This Store Stuff Torrent included the whole thing up to August 2014, which means, of course, the final month of the Sims 3.

It worked wonderfully. Since the launcher had some problem already with some of those decrapified sims3packs, the packages files have been offered in the Torrent as well. By the launcher bug, I could give you a wink wink : The Spanish Villa. Well, the Torrent gave it away in perfect package file, and it works flawlessly in my game. Other official residential lots the Store gave never had problems with me. The Century Manor Now and Then, Grandpa's Grove... Those two are great for me. The one I love most in the three houses is the Manor because I love historical houses. It takes, however, ombrage considering my forefathers' masters have once lived in houses like those... I always try to repress a sob and think about something else. I am no slave... I am okay. I am free.

No... it's the custom fan-made houses that sometimes cause these issues. Again, it might seems there are no true solution as to this.

You all are very kind to give support. I am just astounded at the amount of time which passed and you guys still do it, even for a game which gets now second plan considering The Sims 4. You guys are just amazing. I feel lucky I have stumbled upon your website by accident, in 2012. That's when everything changed for my Simming.

Kabiru

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 25 Jan 2016, 23:07

I guess for the time being you will then need to use either different custom-made houses, or decorate them on your own. I myself have also encountered various problems with these "Exchange" lots, mostly though it was about them not appearing in-game after installation.

And you're always very welcome about the support !  Carlos is tha man  Yes, most people nowadays post about Sims 4, and not so much about Sims 3 anymore. But TS3 is still quite popular nonetheless.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jan 2016, 03:28

Hello!

Well, I guess everything's been told and answered comsidering this question of mine.
This wraps it ups.

Again, thanks for the support. This is yet again a proof of bond and trust for the simmers of the buggy Sims 3.

This game will always be left glitchy, yet I just love it far too much to let go of it. The expansions, the stuff, the store... it gives so much. Something is for sure : The Sims 3, joined with its entire collection of EPs, Sps and Store Stuff, is no dollhouse game. It's true game of Life Simulation, Adventure and Discovery.

I would like to say hello again to Ladi Eldi and Admin, too.

By the way, before wrapping this up, I would like to propose giving away a Sim version of myself, if I can. I would be happy to give away one to this website for the members to use.

If I can, you can tell me how to do it, and I'll send you one. Another thing... I used the powered Rosetta Stone to turn it into the Sim of mine. So it would make a fully powered version of myself, Sim and all.

Tell me if you are interested and I'll continue my work on it then I'll send it away to you. I'd be glad to.

I wish you all a good day.

Kabiru

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 Jan 2016, 03:22

Hello again @romantyke,

We still have the "Sims 3 Exchange" on here. Smile  For a start, I recommend reading the rules for the Exchange here. After doing so, you can open a new topic here, for your sim(s).

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f10-sims

The thing with "send your creations to Admin beforehand" is obsolete though. You can upload the sim(s) on your own, to a filehoster such as MediaFire or MEGA. And then of course add the link(s) to your post.

The process should be straightforward, but feel free to post back here in case anything is unclear (before I close the topic). Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jan 2016, 15:20

Hello!

The bug related to this topic is all answered to me. Thank you all.
I'll post my Sim as soon as it is ready for it. There are a few things left to work on it.

I had a monstrous date with some foolish guy yesterday, it went pandemonium. Not that it matters but... Sorry.

Wishing you a good day,

Kabiru

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 Jan 2016, 23:24

romantyke wrote:Hello!

The bug related to this topic is all answered to me. Thank you all.
I'll post my Sim as soon as it is ready for it. There are a few things left to work on it.

I had a monstrous date with some foolish guy yesterday, it went pandemonium. Not that it matters but... Sorry.

Wishing you a good day,

Kabiru

No worries; it's OK. If you need more support, you know how to get in touch with us. Smile  Have fun for now ! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top