Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to install the base game on my windows 8 desktop...but the start disk won't mount properly..=( [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trying to install the base game on my windows 8 desktop...but the start disk won't mount properly..=( [SOLVED] Empty Trying to install the base game on my windows 8 desktop...but the start disk won't mount properly..=( [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 19:06

So I finally got a chance to try the install on my new windows 8. I've done allll of the installing before but with a Mac, which is why I am hitting brick walls with this.

So the disk image for disk 1 is mounting and the logo you're supposed to get like in the instruction video on youtube is showing up, but the startdisk ISO is not mounting properly. I'm just getting a normal disk image and not the logo, and when I click on it it just shows me the contents....=(...I hope it will actually install.

Back to top Go down

Trying to install the base game on my windows 8 desktop...but the start disk won't mount properly..=( [SOLVED] Empty Re: Trying to install the base game on my windows 8 desktop...but the start disk won't mount properly..=( [SOLVED]

Post by Sephymuffins Sat 23 Nov 2013, 21:25

Hello,

Please right-click on both .iso images and select 'mount' at the top of the list.  Once you do that, your PC will recognize two different disks and pretend that you just INSERTED two disks into your disk drive/s.  Once you mount both, you'll see that two windows open containing contents of both .iso files.  In the .iso that is labeled 'Startdisk', double-click the 'Setup.exe' file and begin installation.  Half way through the installation, it will prompt you to enter another disk and in this case, that will be the other .iso file named 'Disk 1' (if memory serves me right).  Either way, it's the one that is NOT the 'start disk' that you mounted prior!  Select the 'disk 1' in the drop-down menu that the installation will prompt you with then hit 'ok'.  Your installation should continue from that point.

Hope that helps!

Happy Simming  The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Trying to install the base game on my windows 8 desktop...but the start disk won't mount properly..=( [SOLVED] Empty Re: Trying to install the base game on my windows 8 desktop...but the start disk won't mount properly..=( [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 22:17

Thanks a lot for trying to help...but that's all what I've been trying to do. I did it before on my Mac, so I understand the general idea. The problem is that I have no idea why the start disk mount isn't working, but the disk 1 is definitely working and mounting properly. For some reason, they're not being recognized the same way. I completely get what you're saying Sephy, and I totally wish my problem was that I didn't know how to do it b/c with your directions I'd have been golden by now...=(.

Could this be a Windows 8 problem? Because it's only showing me the contents when I click on it, while the mounted disk 1 will actually show me the icon I'm supposed to be getting with the sims 3 logo in a blue square.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sat 23 Nov 2013, 22:23

Hello,

It's not Windows 8 because I have it.  Smile  Well, Windows 8.1 to be exact.  You should be able to mount both at the same time.  My one suggestion would be to re-torrent it. Are these the same .rar files from your Mac, or did you actually torrent them all over again on your Windows setup?
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 22:44

You're so right. I'll explain. I originally downloaded them for my Mac, and then realized they couldn't work for Mac, so I found reloaded online, but I still saved them just in case, and I didn't have an external hard drive them, so I used a lot of CDs.

I wanted to save them to my hard drive, so I recopied them from my CDs, to my laptop, to my hard drive, and then to my new desktop. Before, it totally let me and didn't give me any funny business, so I didn't think anything was actually wrong with the start disk portion. And then I just tried to copy it again, but it wouldn't let me this time, saying there was something wrong with the file.

Buuut I just tried to use the reloaded I found before, and it seems to also be working for my desktop.

Just in case this works out, can you tell me if I need to crack before I start doing expansion packs? And do I just need to make sure expansions are in the same folder in order to install them, or do I need to mount them too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sat 23 Nov 2013, 22:57

Hello,

It seems that things are a little complicated when it's not necessary!  I, unfortunately, am unfamiliar with what you keep referring to as 'reloaded'?  

A file or a folder of files is very easily able to become corrupt, and the chance of it happening is even higher when you're taking files from multiple platforms and moving them around. This is why I asked if you had downloaded them fresh onto your PC that has Windows 8.  This avoids you having to transfer files from CDs, external drives, flash drives, whatever you may have.

To answer your question, what you want to do is once you install TS3 base game, please continue to install all of the expansions you want.  There is no need to crack anything until you're done installing every game you want.  Follow the steps here:  https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly.

Happy Simming!  The Sims Plumbob 1
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 23:51

I got it working!! Thanks so much =)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins Sun 24 Nov 2013, 00:44

chibi1091 wrote:I got it working!! Thanks so much =)
You're welcome!  Enjoy your game and have fun!

Moderator Edit:  Topic closed!  Smile

- Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top