Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Has Stopped Working Windows 7?[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Has Stopped Working Windows 7?[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Has Stopped Working Windows 7?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 19:42

Well, I downloaded sims ambitions, master suite, and pets from this website and things were working great when i downloaded the fix. (i also have World Adventures, Late Night and the Base Game but I bought those.) But the most recent download was Pets and when I play the game it loads and everything. I go to the town map and click on a house to play and that's where things get crappy. It freezes up not letting me click anything (but the trees in the background still move). The sim stops moving and everything else except trees. Then it minimizes to my desktop, and a pop up tells me just like this:

Sims 3 has stopped working. A problem has stopped the program from working correctly. Windows will notify you when a solution ha been found.

Sims 3 Has Stopped Working Windows 7?[SOLVED] 1469785098

WTF. The game loads fine but once I play someone, it freezes and crashes. This is really irritating. And it happened after the installation of pets. I have some custom content but not alot. And I tried the DEP thing at that didn't work.

PLEASE HELP!Sims 3 Has Stopped Working Windows 7?[SOLVED] 2830496658

I'm desperate...Sims 3 Has Stopped Working Windows 7?[SOLVED] 3450855690

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Has Stopped Working Windows 7?[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Has Stopped Working Windows 7?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 20:03

Have you install the latest patch ? Or you got mods installed?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Has Stopped Working Windows 7?[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Has Stopped Working Windows 7?[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 20:27

This will sound stupid... I don't know if I do. I know what a patch is but I don't know how to see if I have one. No clue what a mod is...Sims 3 Has Stopped Working Windows 7?[SOLVED] 1490881299

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2012, 02:09

Patch = Open TS 3 Launcher Sims 3 Has Stopped Working Windows 7?[SOLVED] Untitled
The current patch version is 1.33.

Mods = Navigate to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Mar 2012, 08:41

Hello,

I think its a good idea to look at your base game version at this point, you may be using an incompatible crack which may result in these kind of problems.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2012, 20:40

No the game version is 11.0.84.015001 and i updated to 1.33 before installing the ultimate fix. then i did install the fix... THE GAME WORKS up until the time to actually play because then it just crashes... Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 20 Mar 2012, 08:10

Hello,

Are you getting any kind of error when you start the game?
I think this problem could easily be caused by incompatible mods/cc, since it's Pets you installed.
So try this, go to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and drag&drop the mods folder to your desktop. Now try your game and see if it works.
Please let us know the result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Mar 2012, 03:21

There is no mods folder with my game. I have searched EVERYWHERE. Should I create one?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 21 Mar 2012, 09:25

Hello,

No if you don't have it, it can't be causing problems.
Have a look at this post, it offers some crashing solutions you could try.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Mar 2012, 23:06

It seems it's been fixed... but I don't trust it.... hm. Thank you for your help. I pray it doesn't happen again.

Sims 3 Has Stopped Working Windows 7?[SOLVED] 1577371209

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 22 Mar 2012, 23:09

Hello,

Well that's good news for now.
If anything comes up, don't hesitate to post, you know where to find us.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top