Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power Saving Mode while playing Sims 3 :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Power Saving Mode while playing Sims 3  :( Empty Power Saving Mode while playing Sims 3 :(

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014, 21:44

Hello!! 
First, I'm new, so sorry if I put this question in the wrong place Sad Secondly, sorry for my horrible English, because it is not my native language.  :newfag: 

Now here is my problem: 

I had installed supernatural creatures and I played normally a lot of time, but after installing 4 seasons, now after 5/10 minutes of playing the game my monitor turns off and appear the "power saving mode" thing Facepalm  and I can only solve it restartin the computer, and if I start playing again, after 10 minutes, the monitor get black again... I'm sure it's not because my computer, because it has the complete requirements, and it doesn't happen to me with other games heavier... I remember long ago the same thing happened and I had changed something, but I DO NOT REMEMBER WHAT...I had to uninstall the game and install it again, but it's the same. The game is already updated and I have applied the corresponding ultimate fix , following all the steps  Sad 
If anyone knows how to fix it, I'll be eternally grateful Laughing 

Have a lovely week if you are reading this!  flower

Back to top Go down

Power Saving Mode while playing Sims 3  :( Empty Re: Power Saving Mode while playing Sims 3 :(

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Feb 2014, 08:20

JuuuliJuu wrote:Hello!! 
First, I'm new, so sorry if I put this question in the wrong place Sad Secondly, sorry for my horrible English, because it is not my native language.  :newfag: 

Now here is my problem: 

I had installed supernatural creatures and I played normally a lot of time, but after installing 4 seasons, now after 5/10 minutes of playing the game my monitor turns off and appear the "power saving mode" thing Facepalm  and I can only solve it restartin the computer, and if I start playing again, after 10 minutes, the monitor get black again... I'm sure it's not because my computer, because it has the complete requirements, and it doesn't happen to me with other games heavier... I remember long ago the same thing happened and I had changed something, but I DO NOT REMEMBER WHAT...I had to uninstall the game and install it again, but it's the same. The game is already updated and I have applied the corresponding ultimate fix , following all the steps  Sad 
If anyone knows how to fix it, I'll be eternally grateful Laughing 

Have a lovely week if you are reading this!  flower

//MOVED

Hello there,

How old is your computer and did you clean the dust too ? Things like what you describe can be due to overheating of computer components, like the graphics card. if you don't feel comfortable enough with that, let your computer and/or screen check by a professional.

In the meantime, The Sims 3 is a very demanding game on computers. Most people underestimate that.

What happens if you lower your in-game graphics settings, in the options menu of The Sims 3 ?  Does that make a difference ?

Also, do you know if your computer has one or two graphics cards ? If your computer has two cards, the game might be using the weaker card, and you could then try switching to the stronger card. And what is the model of your graphics card or cards ?

Press the Windows key + R. Type in dxdiag and click on OK. In the next window, click on the Display-tab and read up on the information there. You'll find the name of your graphics card(s).

Good luck and keep us updated !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top