Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funniest Sims 3 Glitch!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Funniest Sims 3 Glitch! Empty Funniest Sims 3 Glitch!

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2011, 09:12

So I brought my sim to a club, but eventually I got bored there. I tried to take the elevator down, and lo and behold! GLITCH! The elevator door was closed, and it wouldn't open! I tried for a few hours, then figured I would wait until the club shut down for the night. The club closed, all the people made for the elevator (Bouncers, Mixologist's, Pianist's), and STILL the elevator remained out of service. Everyone was sitting around crying, and getting upset, yet we remained TRAPPED! GASP! I eventually had to completely shut down the game and re-load it for the glitch to pass, but it has happened a couple of times since then. I wonder if EA is sending us a message here? No CLUBBING PEOPLE! Wink hehe, I just found it amusing! Anyone else got any silly glitches like this?

Mod edit: Topic moved to right section.

-Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Funniest Sims 3 Glitch! Empty Re: Funniest Sims 3 Glitch!

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 29 Jul 2011, 09:50

LOL that is funny.
I've had a firefighter stuck on my lot for about 1 sim week. There were 3 fires on the same day and it was as if this firefighter figured it was best to stick close. Fire engine in front of the house and all and she just stood there in a corner complaining about dropping motives. But she wouldn't budge. My shy sim wasn't happy about having an uninvited houseguest.
Eventually the firefighter simply walked off, got into the firetruck and left.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2011, 09:54

Its funny that you mentioned that! I havn't gotten that glitch from your end, but I was once THAT fireperson! Seriosly! My sim was a firefighter and after she had put the fire out, she couldn't move! I stood there for 2 days! Peeing on myself and everything, it was not attractive! Eventually I just started playing a different Sim, for all I know? Fiona is still peeing/starving on some poor random sims front lawn, just waiting for me to save her. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 29 Jul 2011, 10:02

LOL aww poor girl.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jul 2011, 10:05

Yes, poor Fiona. Hey Eldi, do you think in the new Sims expansion (Pets) they will make it so that the horses (which will be pets you can own, I believe) can accidentally kick you? Not that my sim would want to be kicked by a horse, but it would add to the realism. After all, fear of getting bit/kicked by a horse is the reason I don't go near them in the real world....

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 29 Jul 2011, 11:08

Interesting question. But then I also think that some cats should scratch and some dogs should bite, Sims being afraid or not fond of either or any of them, being a cat or dog person. I wouldn't be surprised at all, and I can hardly wait to find out.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 03:07

Something similar happened to me once. One of my sims invited a friend over and they stayed there for a few weeks in front of our house and no matter what I did they wouldnt move. I finally had to use a cheat to reset the sim but it was pretty funny watching him get so upset while everybody left the house and he just cried after us. haha. Oh I hope the horses kick! I want one of my sims to get kicked,that would be great!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 04:20

ROFL, Love your glitch! I think there should be a Sims site dedicated to the evil glitches and horrid things we would LIKE our sims to go through. It could be called "Sadistic Simmers" I think they should add weather, I want to Ben Franklin my Sim and get him electrocuted while flying a kite. I also want to have the option while at work to go off on my boss and co-workers ala Office Space. Does this make me a bad person?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 04:23

haha no, I think thats a great idea. I had the sims 2 pets for gamecube and it had weather. it was really weird though, it always rained at the same time everyday it sucked and it always put my sim in a bad mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 04:29

I like your picture! If there were unicorns they would definitely puke rainbows! I think it would be cool if the Sims could be business owners again! I also think it SUCKS how little of our stuff we can actually SELL at the Swap/Thrift store! I made all these cool potions and alas, they can only be given away, not sold for profit! Remember in the Sims (or sims2) that we could make Floral arrangements and cute stuff like that? I love my sims, but I have to say, with the release of the most recent stuff packs/expansions, I feel like they are giving us very few items, and very little reason to support their company. ::rant over::

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 04:33

Thank you, unicorns are my favorite! That would be cool, the sims 3 is the only one that I've had for my PC the others I had were for Xbox or GameCube, but I have heard that it was amazing and I know a few people who have it and prefer it because of all of the options. It did just come out 2 years ago though, I mean they can only make expansions so fast, I do wish they would get more out though, it can get boring.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 04:38

I know its only been out a few years, and no one can deny the graphics and the amount of customization is amazing, but the actual content is what I find lacking. I have all the expansions, yet I can't put an elevator inside my own condo, or move a wall...and this makes me unhappy. This newest stuff pack takes the cake though, granted, I didn't pay for it, I got it on here, but there are like NO new items! Ok, a FEW, but with the pricetag set at a cool $20, I think its a huge rip off. Get this, the Buccaneer Bay set you could buy on the EA store site, which was cheaper than the new stuff pack, came with more items. I think it would awesome if we could have gardeners too, like they did in Sims 2. They were expensive, but worth it! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 04:52

yeah thats true. I cannot believe its $20. I got mine here too. I mean its a STUFF pack..it should be filled with..well STUFF right? haha. I miss gardeners too! I'm not very good at landscaping..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 04:58

Me neither, that's why my sim often lives in a high rise apartment! Smile Wouldnt it be great if they gave us a way to have non-decorative plants inside, like an indoor garden for a highrise? or beds of soil so we could plant things on a balcony?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 05:08

yes! omg i would love that so much. i would have a garden on my balcony!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 08:48

Oh, and I hate how now the sims get in trouble for having several romantic relationships. I think having an open relationship should be an option....hehe

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 30 Jul 2011, 09:32

LOL @ the open relationships!
But yes I do feel that some Sims should be ok with that. Especially the ones that have a lifetime wish of having ... romantic relationships.
I would love for the next expansion to be Seasons!
I had a glitch about a week ago that wasn't funny. I've been experimenting with CAW and I was testing my world and building up a community. I'm using a progressionmod so I had all the families strive for a family with 4 kids and it was coming along quite nice until I patched the game to 1.24. That corrupted my town and it was pretty messed up. I could no longer view the Simpanels and eventhough I could control all sims in my household, I could only see the picture and moodlets of the Sim that was selected as I loaded my save game. Switching to a different family only made things worse, I was looking at a different family, but still had the thumbnails from the previous family with the Sim on top "selected".
I ended up exporting the families I created and loading them into a new game, so not all was lost, but that's the last time I forget to backup my saves before changing my game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 18:56

What is CAW? and do you know if there is a way for me to make my towns more populated? And give it some more celebrities?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 30 Jul 2011, 19:20

CAW= create-a-world
I don't know if you can actually make your towns more populated without using a mod. I've been using a storyprogressionmod that replaces EA progression. I couldn't live without it, it lets you take control of the sims in your town in an entirely new way. With the vanilla game it really bugged me that half the population would adopt rather than find a partner, but with the mod there are more marriages, more kids, more affairs and some unexpected pregnancies. I couldn't live without it but I also know a lot of people are hesitant to use unofficial mods.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 19:28

Where can I find such mods? and do they come with instructions to use them? I don't even have create a world....do I get that through EA?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 30 Jul 2011, 19:36

BuffyTVS22 wrote:Where can I find such mods? and do they come with instructions to use them? I don't even have create a world....do I get that through EA?
Hello,

CAW Tool: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t397-the-sims-3-create-a-world
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 30 Jul 2011, 19:54

You can get create-a-world here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t397-the-sims-3-create-a-world
The storyprogressionmod I'm using is from Nraas, you can search for it on google, I believe it is hosted on modthesims. It has many options and it'll seem like you'll never figure out how to work it in game at first but its an amazing mod IMHO. You can for example switch households without going to "edit town" mode and without the loss of dreams&opportunities. I haven't had any problems with this mod and it is updated regularly with new expansionpacks.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jul 2011, 20:31

Thanks Eldi, your the best! I'm downloading now, and I will google seach Nraas too. I have been to mod the sims before, the issue I have, is that I have NO idea how to add mods to the games, what folders they go into etc etc, but I'm sure with a little research I can figure it out. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 30 Jul 2011, 20:57

Adding Nraas to the game is easy enough. If you've downloaded The Sims store previous update (June) from G4TW you'll already have the mods folder in the correct location along with the resource file you need.Basically you need to create a folder called "mods" in your "my document/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3" folder and within that folder you need the resource.cfg file and another folder called "packages" in which you put the Nraas package.
If you have any problems finding either, let me know and I'll help you out. I'll be back on here tomorrow.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jul 2011, 02:42

That elevator glitch makes me wish there was a "Flatulence" negative moodlet.. My brother used to "gift" people on crowded elevators right before we got off on our floor..

Are we allowed to post links? I can't find the rules, but I think I use the same progression mod as Lady ElDi to pass on..

Edit: I didn't know there was a page 2, where everyone is posting links lol..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top