Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details." and "unable to start game service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details." and "unable to start game service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)" Empty "There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details." and "unable to start game service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)"

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2014, 02:52

Hello. First, i'd like to thank the team that's behind the games4theworld for the amazing work, and the patience you have with all our The Sims 3 problems. And sorry if my English seems weird, it's not my first language. 

Second... well, I've been trying to install The Sims 3 and all the expansions unless the cinema stuff. First I tried to install with no guides, but I kept getting the same errors when starting the launcher: "There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details." and when I try to bypass the launcher: "unable to start game service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)", so I tried with the guide, but the errors kept showing up. So I passed through the pain of uninstalling The Sims 3 and it's expansions for a third time, did it all again following strictly the guide, but the errors were still there. I searched on google for a fix and tried some of them (regedit stuff, etc), but none resolved it. So, here I am. Someone help please?

I've also take print screens of the errors, if that helps somehow...

Error 1:

Error 2:

Back to top Go down

"There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details." and "unable to start game service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)" Empty Re: "There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details." and "unable to start game service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)"

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2014, 11:26

Hello, Very Happy
First of all go to MyDocuments/ElectronicArts/TheSims3 and rename TheSims3 folder to anything you want and then re-do steps #3 and 4 in this article.
PLEASE DO NOT OVERLOOK #CRACK FOLDER IN ULTIMATE FIX! Wink
Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

"There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details." and "unable to start game service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)" Empty Re: "There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details." and "unable to start game service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)"

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2014, 12:21

Ok. I'll post what I did step by step, just to make sure I'm doing it right.

So, following the instructions pdf: 
I checked the expansions I have, all unless cinema.
Dragged the files on "Base game" to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, and replaced the old files.
I did the same thing to the World Adventures, High End Loft Stuff, Ambitions, Fast Lane Stuff, Late Night and Outdoor Living Stuff dragging the files to their respective folders, unless the "All expansion packs released after and including Generations", that one goes to the The Sims 3 folder. 
Re-downloaded the update, and re-updated it again. 
Finished the update. Let's try that launcher... nope, still the same thing. The game didn't have any progress either. 
I put the crack on the The Sims 3 folder and nothing changes. The errors are still the same. So, yeah... sorry, but it didn't work. What now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2014, 12:26

Hello, Smile
In Ultimate Fix ONLY copy the content of #Crack folder and paste it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
DO NOT USE ANY OTHER FOLDER than #crack folder in Ultimate Fix.
Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2014, 13:31

Oh well, I guess uninstalling and installing again, then only use the #crack folder on ultimate fix it is, because it still not working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2014, 14:43

Hello, Very Happy
Please take a look at this topic.
NOTE: The solution shown in the video is for 64-bit Windows and if you have a 32-bit
Windows your registry location would be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Sims.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2014, 21:08

I tried that, but it didn't work... but, I re-installed everything again, this time opening the launcher at the end of every installation and guess what - showtime was the troublemaker! I don't know why, but without showtime, the errors don't show up... maybe something wrong with the download, so I'll just download it again and see if that was really the problem. Thanks for the help though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Feb 2014, 22:24

Hi,
maybe your download was corrupted somehow....
Let us know the results! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Feb 2014, 13:49

Yep, it's working now! I think I know what caused the problem - there was a very big thunderstorm here where I live by the time the expansion was downloading, and my internet connection was horrible, and just got back to normal yesterday. Must have been that. Thanks for the support again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top