Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 launcher crashes after installing torrented expansion packs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 launcher crashes after installing torrented expansion packs Empty Sims 3 launcher crashes after installing torrented expansion packs

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jun 2014, 08:55

I used a friend's discs to install the base game, Late Night, World Adventures, Generations, and Ambitions a couple years ago, then torrented Supernatural and Island Paradise tonight. I played for a couple hours earlier after installing the torrents and I don't have any problems playing the game (aside from near-constant little freezes but that's probably just my laptop). Since downloading Supernatural and Island Paradise, whenever I open the launcher, I immediately get a message saying that it has stopped working and then it crashes. I wouldn't care, except I also torrented Dragon Valley and the only way to install it that I know of is through the launcher. Can I install it another way or do I have to use the launcher, and if so, how can I fix it?

Side note: now that I've installed Island Paradise and Supernatural, can I delete the folders originally from the torrent? They're taking up another 10 GB on my desktop and if they're no longer needed, I want them out.

Last edited by lollysstokeworth on Thu 12 Jun 2014, 09:01; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarification, adding side note)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 launcher crashes after installing torrented expansion packs Empty Re: Sims 3 launcher crashes after installing torrented expansion packs

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jun 2014, 19:38

Hello,
Please delete those folders, they're only useful if you want to re-install.
About your problem: did you apply the Ultimate Fix correctly?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 launcher crashes after installing torrented expansion packs Empty Re: Sims 3 launcher crashes after installing torrented expansion packs

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jun 2014, 19:56

Oh, excellent, thanks. Yes, I made sure I did. I'm using the manual patch instead of step 11 of the Ultimate Fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 12 Jun 2014, 23:56

lollysstokeworth wrote:I used a friend's discs to install the base game, Late Night, World Adventures, Generations, and Ambitions a couple years ago, then torrented Supernatural and Island Paradise tonight. I played for a couple hours earlier after installing the torrents and I don't have any problems playing the game (aside from near-constant little freezes but that's probably just my laptop). Since downloading Supernatural and Island Paradise, whenever I open the launcher, I immediately get a message saying that it has stopped working and then it crashes. I wouldn't care, except I also torrented Dragon Valley and the only way to install it that I know of is through the launcher. Can I install it another way or do I have to use the launcher, and if so, how can I fix it?

Side note: now that I've installed Island Paradise and Supernatural, can I delete the folders originally from the torrent? They're taking up another 10 GB on my desktop and if they're no longer needed, I want them out.

I would actually recommend to backup the downloads somewhere, if you can (e.g. on an external hard-drive) in case you have to re-install again at a later date, for whatever reason. Next, you might want to have a look at that:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t16882-the-sims-3-launcher-problems-notice

Try starting the game with the TS3W.exe in the base game location then. Usually in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jun 2014, 05:16

I reset IE and ran the launcher as administrator and it worked! Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 Jun 2014, 00:07

lollysstokeworth wrote:I reset IE and ran the launcher as administrator and it worked! Thank you!

You're welcome ! Do you have any other questions ? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 01:36

Carlos wrote:
lollysstokeworth wrote:I reset IE and ran the launcher as administrator and it worked! Thank you!

You're welcome ! Do you have any other questions ? 
Yes, actually: I'm installing University Life right now (torrented, of course), and I'm assuming I don't need to reinstall the Ultimate Fix in the base game's bin because I installed the fix 2 days ago with Supernatural and Island Paradise. Am I correct?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Jun 2014, 09:04

lollysstokeworth wrote:Yes, actually: I'm installing University Life right now (torrented, of course), and I'm assuming I don't need to reinstall the Ultimate Fix in the base game's bin because I installed the fix 2 days ago with Supernatural and Island Paradise. Am I correct?

Sorry for the late reply, Sad

Actually it would be a good idea to re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here, after adding new expansions:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top