Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is not valid win32 application?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

is not valid win32 application? Empty is not valid win32 application?

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jul 2014, 10:12

Hi, 

I follow these steps - https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly. I have installed the Sims 3 Base game and all the expansion packs that I want successfully, but when I get to the step 3 I get this - TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe is not valid Win32 application. I have Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

What could be the problem and how can I fix this? I really want to play this game.

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Back to top Go down

is not valid win32 application? Empty Re: is not valid win32 application?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 10 Jul 2014, 21:59

CaaLiiC wrote:Hi, 

I follow these steps - https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly. I have installed the Sims 3 Base game and all the expansion packs that I want successfully, but when I get to the step 3 I get this - TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe is not valid Win32 application. I have Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

What could be the problem and how can I fix this? I really want to play this game.

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Hello,

Can you try re-downloading that patch, maybe even with a different internet browser ? Also, do NOT interrupt the download, and do NOT pause the download either, becasue the patch can get corrupted. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 10 Jul 2014, 22:25

Hi there,

I'd like to add that this error usually means that your anti-virus software tried to "clean" the file (and therefore corrupted it).
I recommend temporarily turning off your anti-virus software too, while downloading and installing that manual patch.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jul 2014, 14:08

Thanks, now it did work, but after 10 minutes of playing, the games crashes to desktop. I tried every step from here https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014 but the game still continues to crash to desktop. It starts to get very annoying because this laptop is brand new.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 11 Jul 2014, 14:25

CaaLiiC wrote:Thanks, now it did work, but after 10 minutes of playing, the games crashes to desktop. I tried every step from here https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014 but the game still continues to crash to desktop. It starts to get very annoying because this laptop is brand new.

You probably didn't do the steps correctly here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here.

After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top